Five kittens with closed eyes!

poopypoo

Veteran
woo, after reading digi's old threads about his puppies, I had to share... we've been fostering animals for the local pet rescue group here. We had a dog, got her a nice home with a yard, had two cats, kept one, and now have FIVE KITTENS. FIVE! like, a week old, dumped somewhere or other before they made it to us. Probably some will die, but for now they're healthy and drinking formula from a teeny baby bottle.

pix!

mystery fuzzballs.jpg

mystery fuzzballs 2.jpg

mystery fuzz 3.jpg

if y'all be interested, i'll get some more pix later near my cell for scale reference and stuff (they're sleeping now, only been home an hour!)

Aaaaw! Now that's insanely cute and I'm saying that from the perspective of being surrounded by bloody insanely cute 24/7!

Nice job, and a great thing you're doing helping out with all them homeless animals. :)

ack, finally got myself uncovered in kittens, only to have to feed our adult cat and lay down to pet her for awhile (can you say jealous, class?)!

_xxx_ said:
No black ones? Meh...

hehehe, nope, i'm a little disapoointed by the lack of variety too. you can't see in the above photos, but one has a few grey spots and one is white except for a single gray spot on her head. ^^; To be honest I forgetwhich ones are which sex yet. It's easy enough to tell if you turn them over but... man things I never knew about such young kittens... they're a bitch to feed, and you have to wipe their genitals with a warm cloth (simulate's mom's tongue) to get them to pee! And then they pee a lot... >.>

More pix when the g/f gets home, and I have time to sort & upload them! :D

not to derail your thread, but i notice your in china. Is it a myth/urban legend that there are no stray cats in china for obvious reasons?

epic

epicstruggle said:
not to derail your thread, but i notice your in china. Is it a myth/urban legend that there are no stray cats in china for obvious reasons?

epic

well... it is and it isn't. There are MAD STRAY CATS in China. There's almost no veterinarians in mainland China, so almost all of the pets here aren't neutered. In Shanghai there are an estimated 6 million+ stray cats. And this is on top of people having them as pets! This is also on top of people eating cats, yep! I hear that is actually most popular in the Guangdong (Hong Kong/Shenzhen) area, but cats are eaten throughout China. In Shanghai, it happens, and you can actualy hear cries for dog meat in markets, but it's less common than you might think -- the people really aren't so poor that they can't afford to eat poultry or pork. It's 35 cents for a heaping plate of noodles with pork and some greens just downstairs...

Edit: new photos!
mystery fuzz size guide.jpg

mf finally drinks!.jpg

mfs finally sleep!.jpg

mysteriously fuzzy aww.jpg

enjoy... btw is there anyone who could add a "Lots of pix beware" to the title? I didn't see a place to edit the thread title. Probably too low rank!

Last edited by a moderator:
poopypoo said:
It's 35 cents for a heaping plate of noodles with pork and some greens just downstairs... :)

Oh, how I envy you!!! And prolly it tastes very good, too! :drool:

_xxx_ said:
Oh, how I envy you!!! And prolly it tastes very good, too! :drool:

once again, it does, and it doesn't... it's a damn good deal and is pretty great piping hot. Howver, to be honest it lacks a lot of complex flavors you'd find in higher-class Cantonese restaurants in the US (or almost all of them in NYC). I can't complain though, Shanghainese cooking can be uneven, but when it's good it's the best. >:9~~~

btw, more pics above.

poopypoo said:
Howver, to be honest it lacks a lot of complex flavors you'd find in higher-class Cantonese restaurants in the US (or almost all of them in NYC).

This is the impression I have of Chinese cuisine, having eaten in a couple of reportedly excellent restaurants on the mainland. Just seems a bit bland when you're used to the Malaysian/Singaporean school of Chinese cooking with it's Indian, Thai and western influences.

Back