First REAL FX Benchmarks

DaveBaumann said:
Terratec has disclosed their European pricing: GFFX 5800 Ulta @ €659 and GFFX 5800 @ €579 suggested retail price. It's not clear whether the non-Ultra will sport FXFlow or a more traditional cooling solution (at least Terratec doesn't seem to be sure about it).

Going by Quafro FX the only one with a single slot fan is the Q FX 1000, running at 300MHz. Q FX 2000 is at 400MHz with a two slot fan (but without the heatpipe/FlowFX solution).
Hmm. Interesting. Doesn't the Q FX 2000's cooling system also contain the genlock daughter board? Perhaps that's the reason it's larger?

ta,
-Sascha.rb

nggalai said:
DaveBaumann said:
Going by Quafro FX the only one with a single slot fan is the Q FX 1000, running at 300MHz. Q FX 2000 is at 400MHz with a two slot fan (but without the heatpipe/FlowFX solution).
Hmm. Interesting. Doesn't the Q FX 2000's cooling system also contain the genlock daughter board? Perhaps that's the reason it's larger?

ta,
-Sascha.rb
Yes that's why... :!:

nggalai said:

The images in the Q FX news post show an actual QFX 2000 board (although those images make it a little difficult to see the height of the HSF). The actual cooling itself does not go near where the genlock connector is.

Hellbinder[CE said:
]Pretty much indicates what the R350 is going to do to the GFFX ULTRA. And thats only at just under 400mhz.

Correction:
SORRY, but i have postet wrong benchmark-results!

these are the right score!!!!!!!!!

Radeon 9700PRO @ ...

398/754MHz: 130fps
425/783MHz: 137,4 fps

vs. GFFX 500/1000 143 fps

i am sorry

*UPDATE No.2*
... but i lost only 9% performance with 4xFSAA!! (118fps)

nggalai said:
- Terratec has disclosed their European pricing: GFFX 5800 Ulta @ €659 and GFFX 5800 @ €579 suggested retail price.

Holy crap, that's £440! Well over twice the price of a Radeon 9700. :oops:

MuFu.

nggalai said:
- Terratec has disclosed their European pricing: GFFX 5800 Ulta @ €659 and GFFX 5800 @ €579 suggested retail price.

I dont get it.. I thought the price would be around how much the Radeon 9700 Pro (for the Ultra 5800) debuted at? Didn't the Radeon 9700 Pro have an RRP of £299.99 - £329.99? These prices seem on the rather expensive side!

Something I did for myself, as Mufu your post didn't consider these possibilities:

€659 = £437.89 for the ULTRA
€579 = £384.74 for the NON-ULTRA

edit: numbers

The NON ULTRA costs more than a Radeon 9700 Pro!

...so even the *non-Ultra* is more than twice the price of a Radeon 9700 (street price, of course).

MuFu.

P.S. I didn't consider those possibilities? Eh?!

MuFu said:
...so even the *non-Ultra* is more than twice the price of a Radeon 9700 (street price, of course).

MuFu.

P.S. I didn't consider those possibilities? Eh?!

Holy crap, that's £440! Well over twice the price of a Radeon 9700.

That last quote doesn't make sense to me so I replied with my post. Do you mean Radeon 9700 Pro? The Retail Price of a Radeon 9700 NP is £199.99. The street price of a Radeon 9700 Pro is obviously above £199.99 of course, but the cheapest I have seen it is approximately £260.

If you have seen them (9700Pro) for sale at £220 (which is half of £440 as you mentioned if you were referring to the 9700P and not the 9700NP) I would be very interested to know where :)

edit: the MSRP for the Radeon 9700 is indeed £249.99

http://www.tecchannel.de/

New benchmarks (umm no FSAA..which is puzzling)

0011966_PIC.gif

0011960_PIC.gif

0011966_PIC.gif

Doomtrooper said:

Not really--tecchannel is "famous" for delivering the worst reviews ever known to speakers of German, only to be "bested" by the likes of Chip.de . ;)

Hmm. 75W under full load? Holy cow!

ta,
-Sascha.rb

As to be expected, the tecchannel.de review sucks. And a new page for every bit of benchmarking... those guys must be desperate for page impessions.

Some interessting points tho.

- GFFX fan is very noisy when running at full speed
- the GFFX weighs ~600g, the Radeon 9700 Pro 220g
- the GFFX consumes 31W in dektop mode and 75W at full load (ATIR300Pro is at 24W and 54W)

Some more benchmarks from the review:

0011959_PIC.gif

0011963_PIC.gif

^^^Test says 8x AF is also enabled.

0011967_PIC.gif

0011965_PIC.gif

[/img]

nggalai said:
Doomtrooper said:

Not really--tecchannel is "famous" for delivering the worst reviews ever known to speakers of German, only to be "bested" by the likes of Chip.de . ;)

Hmm. 75W under full load? Holy cow!

ta,
-Sascha.rb

I think the 9700 is 50 watts...yes the site layout needs alot to be desired.

I consider those benchmarks a big slap in the face for the GF FX.

I also have very little faith in them...that one benchmark picture per page thing doesn't lend me much confidence in their competence/greed ratio.

But I'm cheered, because it indicates benchmarks I have more confidence in are near. Dare I hope it...perhaps even GF FX screenshots?

Hmm....don't those figures seem a bit low? Are they with a feature turned on not mentioned in the image? I mean besides the Q3 one with AA and Aniso.

I guess in a few days time from now we will have a better idea. Still some relative IQ accessments with the numbers would be more appropriate. A slight overclock on the Radeon 9700 Pro as in 10% would offset the GF FX lead in some of those benchmarks. NOw I wonder how well does the GF FX Ultra overclocks, my Radeon 9700 I can overclock the core around 20%. Is the GF FX Ultra core speed locked?

misae said:
That last quote doesn't make sense to me so I replied with my post. Do you mean Radeon 9700 Pro?

No, I meant the non-Pro... cheapest price I have seen is about £185. I thought choosing that instead of that of the 9700 Pro (which I haven't seen for £220, lol no) would place the GFFX prices in context a little better (especially the non-Ultra) - a card with 90-100% of the performance for less than half the price? Not even considering the 9500NP-to-9700 mod or fact that you can clock a 9700NP to 9700P spec pretty easily.

Sorry for the confusion... I didn't actually realise that the MSRP of the 9700NP was only £199. Are you sure that's correct?! I presumed it was £249.

As for those benchmarks... I really hope they are inaccurate for nVidia's sake. There will be repercussions for their entire lineup if the performance ceiling is barely higher than that of the 9700P.

MuFu.

MuFu said:
As for those benchmarks... I really hope they are inaccurate for nVidia's sake. There will be repercussions for their entire lineup if the performance ceilng barely higher than that of the 9700P.

MuFu.
I hope so because all the line is screw up otherwise

BTW, if the R350 is 10% faster than an NV30 based on thiese bench then it's slower than the R300 :LOL:

Back