First REAL FX Benchmarks

Natoma said:
So again, any clues on R400 debut?

I was told a long time ago that it would be right on the heels of the "R300 refresh" (didn't know about R350 at all then so I presumed it was RV350). I imagine that R400 R&D will be pretty much finished by March and they'll tape out around that time. R350 will be released and they can commit debug/verification resources to the project. They could well have qualified samples (final silicon) by July/August. I think that'll be about 3 months short of two years in terms of total development time.

RV350 will obviously be ready much sooner than that and I don't think they'll want to sit on it for too long.

MuFu.

All conjecture and speculation on my part, of course.

misae said:
The street price of a Radeon 9700 Pro is obviously above £199.99 of course, but the cheapest I have seen it is approximately £260.

If you have seen them (9700Pro) for sale at £220 (which is half of £440 as you mentioned if you were referring to the 9700P and not the 9700NP) I would be very interested to know where :)

I just noticed that Crucial are now doing it for ~£230, inc VAT & delivered. Close enough! :)

MuFu.

Uhm, wouldn't 260 pounds be around $430 US? That's a tad extreme don't you think?

The cheapest Radeon 9700 Pros go for $270 US on Pricewatch, which should be like 160 pounds, roughly.

Natoma said:
Uhm, wouldn't 260 pounds be around $430 US? That's a tad extreme don't you think?

YES! o_O

If you lived here it wouldn't suprise you at all. $270 is about right for the ubiquitous $=£ conversion method. :)

MuFu.

Try converting Canadian :oops:

Code:
399.00 USD
United States Dollars    =   605.917 CAD
                                     Canada Dollars

Then factor in border duties, & 15% sales tax= $700.00 bottles of beer.

Doomtrooper said:
Grall said:
Doom,

I seriously doubt the FX fan draws 5-6W, it may spin fast but it isn't very large in diameter. Also it's a radial fan which means the fins are very small, hence it does less work than a propeller-like axial fan found on CPU coolers and such.

I'd be surprised if the fan draws more than half of what you state...

*G*

Ya it may be a bit high, depending on RPM some small Delta fans draw as much as 7 watts...just a estimation

Are you refering to the 60 MM high output fans that spin at like 7000 RPM and will break apart if a pencil or a finger accidentally gets stuck in it? Of course your finger won't be in good shape either, that's what grilles are for (learned the hard way :oops: ).

Back