First official complaint of the NEW YEAR!

ByteMe

Banned
Since B3D has something of a reputation of being a leader in 3D topics... Where are the new cards previews/reviews? I would think that B3D would be towards the top of the list to receive these cards. Maybe the *cough* management has not dedicated one person to get ahold of these cards?

Maybe it is just me, but I expected more from B3D.

ByteMe said:
Since B3D has something of a reputation of being a leader in 3D topics...
Thank you (though I'm not too sure if this is a compliment coming from you).

Where are the new cards previews/reviews?
What new cards?

I would think that B3D would be towards the top of the list to receive these cards.
IHVs (and possibly through their influence on their board vendors) may possibly be too frightened by the degree to which B3D studies video cards. :)

If you run a "big" site and do not care too much about quality nor comprehensive studies, IHVs will target you.

This can change of course if a particular card/chip is "beyond reproach" at any given time when it comes to the state of the industry. B3D has a good relationship with ATI at the moment for instance, but that's probably because ATI hasn't much to be afraid of.

Maybe the *cough* management has not dedicated one person to get ahold of these cards?
Dave is the man when it comes to IHVs. As a result, we have had reference boards from NV and ATI almost simultaneously as the rest of the "big sites". Dave may be late in coming with the previews of reference baords but Dave would rather write spend more time than to be on time.

Maybe it is just me, but I expected more from B3D.
I fail to comprehend what your disappointment is, given your opening sentence.

Er... I do not quite understand what your disatisfaction is wrt your need to post this.

While we probably are one of the most popular all vendor 3D specific sites on the net that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone has heard of us - site like Tom's and Anand and other have a larger hit count becuase they are dealing with a much wider range of topics, not just 3D.

You also have to go through the right channels to get anywhere when dealing with someone new - being in the UK this can be tricky when there is no established PR structure. We have had a dialogue with someone directly at XGI, which turned up nothing (I'd been trying to get a tech interview) however it would seem they have recently employed a PR company in the US and I have a conference call with them on the 14'th, so we'll see what turns up there. As I also mentioned in another thread, somone from S3/VIA was in the UK in late Dec, but there was such short notice on the press conference there was no way I would be able to attend it - I'm going to try and chase that up in again soon (but as I mentioned on the front page, I've not been concentrating on it over the XMas period - this is the first break I've had in a year!).

Sadly, as well, the only vendor to have picked these boards up so far is Club3D - while they are Europe based they don't sell boards in the UK so I can't go out and buy boards which I had been tempted to do.

DaveBaumann said:
- I'm going to try and chase that up in again soon (but as I mentioned on the front page, I've not been concentrating on it over the XMas period - this is the first break I've had in a year!).

Sadly, as well, the only vendor to have picked these boards up so far is Club3D - while they are Europe based they don't sell boards in the UK so I can't go out and buy boards which I had been tempted to do.

I don't remember allowing you a break, I got to feed this need for new info, your comfort is secondary!

If you BUY the card then it would KILL one of my next complaints. If they were here (USA) I'd buy it and send it to you, maybe one of the people here (nothing like abusing your members) could do this if they live where the cards are available.

Do you know of when the NDA's expire on ATI's or Nvidia'a next chips/cards?

Do you know of when the NDA's expire on ATI's or Nvidia'a next chips/cards?
We're probably still at the stage when anyone under said NDA can't reveal that they are, in fact, under an NDA. Or something like that.

We're at a stage where NDA's haven't even been passed out yet!

My impression is CeBit is still likely to be a good announcment time.

Back