First impressions of a Radeon 9000

ben6

Regular
1. flickering in Windows, flickering in control panel apps when changing a setting. ATI willl fix this in their 2nd driver release from now.
2. Morrowind plays fine, though it doesn't quite seem as smooth as the 128MB 8500. Pixel shaders run without issue , but it's more sluggish to me.
3. First time I played Soldier Of Fortune 2 I left 2x Quality FSAA and 16x ansiotropic filtering on at a resolution of 1280x1024 (silly me ) . Unplayable of course, but ah well was worth a try . 800x600 2x +16 AF was playable , however 1280x1024 with AF without AA was playable

More impressions later

1. flickering in Windows, flickering in control panel apps when changing a setting. ATI willl fix this in their 2nd driver release from now.

Just finished testing an 8500LE and currently undergoing tests with a stock 8500 and this appears to be a 'feature' of the current release of drivers as its happening with both of them.

hrm maybe it's a function of the new Catalyst drivers :eek:) . Seriously though, ATI will fix it in the 023 drivers that come next after they release the 022s next week or so

Back