Firefox vs. Opera?

Which is better?

• No, Opera is better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IE all the way, baby

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
silence said:
geeeeeez.....i havent seen this even in Nv<>ATi or Intel<>AMD topics.....
WTF is with you and Opera?..... :rolleyes:

Opera 7.x came out over 2 years ago...it didnt bite IE a bit.
FF 1.0 is out 3 months and did what was thought impossible....i guess all those that switched from IE are just idiots....or....they dont like Opera as alternative to IE?

Mac perspective

I used Opera for 2+ years. on a PC it is very nice to brag about compatibility when you can fire IE in minutes to check "x" site. I remember going through 5 browsers not getting a result.

compatibility: Firefox wins that (by a very big margin), but I can set Opera to identify itself as IE for those IE-only sites (i used to run it 98% of the time set as IE, so you can't really comment on penetration).

speed: opera is slightly faster, but it is also more likely to get "stuck" on a stupid page for ages

UI: a lot more options=a lot more complicated menu system, also have checked Opera's support for RSS? bleah.

anyway i now use firefox but things can and will change

my 2¢

Althornin said:
Note - the above selective quoting and ignoring of the real message is typical of Opera fanboys when confronted with the reality of what they are doing.
My problem is the tone of your postings. Why should I address the "real message" of your postings if there is no message other than ad hominem attacks? Why should I bother?

I think I laid out the reaons why I think FF falls short and I prefer Opera with reasonable arguments. If you think I am wrong, then be free to constructively contribute to this thread.

Your whole point seems to be that all of my arguments are bogus because I somehow lost touch with reality by purchasing an Opera license for €34. Kiddo, I have bough a GF6800U for €600 and that doesn't make me an unreasonable Nvidia zealot. I have bought WinXP Prof. and that doesn't make me a Windows zealot.

I have my reasons for preferring Opera and for being disappointed with Firefox and they sure as hell aren't the result of paying a puny amount of money for a software license. This thread is titled "Opera vs Firefox" after all, so this IS the topic of the discussion. None of your "arguments" are directed against what I wrote but rather against my person. This is nothing but trolling.

Judging from your postings one might think I fucked your sister or stole your lollipop. While I am sure your sister fucks a lot of random people, I'm not one of them - which prolly is the reason why I am still disease free. So calm the fuck down.

Back