Firefox Question

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Hey guys,

Wonder if you can help me.

Is there ANY way to turn a firefox window into a Tab on another window?

What i mean is, some websites open up little windows (for instant messaging and stuff for example), and there is no way to tell the site to open them as new tabs instead of whole windows. Or in general, if you mistakenly open a new window and don't want to close it and go back to the link and "middle click" it so that it opens in a new tab...

Is there anything that can be done to basically move the window to the main firefox window and make it a Tab?

I've never heard of it, am i the first to think about something like this?

Did you check Tools, Options, Advanced, "Opening URL's from other programs in:" (<-- translated from Dutch) already? That might do most of what you want.

london-boy said:
I know there are millions of extensions!! The point of me asking here is that i didn't wanna spend a week trying to find the right one!! :devilish: ;)

why didnt you say so?..... i have no idea if there is one for your problem :p 8)

London-Boy,
Get "TabMix".
Go into the TabMix options (you have to open the extensions window first) and enable tab dragging.

You can then drag a tab from one window to another. (I didn't know this was possible until I saw your question and gave it a try!!).
[EDIT: Ooops It replaces the tab you had open, so maybe it's not quite what you want]

Actually, there are some great options in Tabmix, eg. show unread tabs in red, duplicate tab, undo tab close....

Simon F said:
London-Boy,
Get "TabMix".
Go into the TabMix options (you have to open the extensions window first) and enable tab dragging.

You can then drag a tab from one window to another. (I didn't know this was possible until I saw your question and gave it a try!!).
[EDIT: Ooops It replaces the tab you had open, so maybe it's not quite what you want]

Actually, there are some great options in Tabmix, eg. show unread tabs in red, duplicate tab, undo tab close....

Cool!!!

Back