Finally PS3 and 360 side-by-side

Umm.. it's friggin huge. And I have a hard time believing that Sony made those pictures, because a number of them certainly don't show the PS3 in a very good light.

The one with the 360 sandwiched between the PS3 and PS2 for one, and the other with the PS3 on top of the 360.. both of which make the PS3 look big, bulky, and ugly as hell.

Umm.. it's friggin huge. And I have a hard time believing that Sony made those pictures, because a number of them certainly don't show the PS3 in a very good light.

The one with the 360 sandwiched between the PS3 and PS2 for one, and the other with the PS3 on top of the 360.. both of which make the PS3 look big, bulky, and ugly as hell.

I think he was saying the model was made by Sony... not the pictures.

Sony didn't make them, they just provided the mockup, they probably want it back now ;)

Honestly, I think it looks pretty sweet.

PS3 looks pretty slick. I think it looks much better than the 360.
Yeah it does. It seems to highlight the flawed "iPod/Apple" inspired design that Microsoft choose for the 360, inhaled or not. Though honestly, both systems need to quite it with the curves.

If it's as quiet as they say, and the PSU is internal, its size is pretty forgiveable. It looks like it would fit in nicely in most home entertainment set ups - it's big for a console, but it's slick, and it looks expensive.

If it's as quiet as they say, and the PSU is internal, its size is pretty forgiveable. It looks like it would fit in nicely in most home entertainment set ups - it's big for a console, but it's slick, and it looks expensive.
Well it looks 1.5X as high as a 360 so I can see it's size being a real issue.

Well it looks 1.5X as high as a 360

According to Gamesradar, It's an inch taller standing vertically, and an inch 'fatter' standing horizontally, at its highest point. So..no.

An issue for who? I mean if space is a major problem for you it might be an issue. But as is I could easily slot it in where I currently have my Xbox, for example.

edit - it's actually nearly exactly the same size as the original Xbox (0.5cm wider, 0.2cm shorter, and 1.4cm deeper). It's easy to forget that exact dimensions are actually out there - for reference it's 325mm (W) x 98mm (H) x 274mm (D).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's huge! And it weighs thre pounds more than the original Xbox. It looks good from the top down, but not so hot from other angles where youc an see the rectangular bottom portion.

That said, just imagine how big the 360 would be were the power brick internal, as well as the HD-DVD add-on.

It looks much sleeker than the 360. The glossy finish makes it look like a high-end piece of electronics and since it's black will blend in much better with people's entertainment systems.

According to Gamesradar, It's an inch taller standing vertically, and an inch 'fatter' standing horizontally, at its highest point. So..no.

An issue for who? I mean if space is a major problem for you it might be an issue. But as is I could easily slot it in where I currently have my Xbox, for example.

edit - it's actually nearly exactly the same size as the original Xbox (0.5cm wider, 0.2cm shorter, and 1.4cm deeper). It's easy to forget that exact dimensions are actually out there - for reference it's 325mm (W) x 98mm (H) x 274mm (D).

numbers, shmumbers.... did you see the size of that thing in the pics? :LOL: ;)

Back