FIFA World Cup 2010

Here in North America a lot of the talk is about how shit the referees have been, and all of the goals that have been missed or disallowed. Not really the press that FIFA would want to be getting in a region where the sport is growing. They really need replay to review potential goals.

Decent game by The Netherlands...they weren't even trying properly in the 2nd half lol.
I felt that they were almost taking things a bit too lightly.

Anyways great self less play by Kuyt with the assist and an awesome goal by Robben....it was just typical trademark Robben goal with him running the right wing cutting inside & making a finish. Everyone knows how he's gonna do it but everyone also knows that its deadly & nearly unstoppable :p

Brazil vs Chille - Gonna be an interesting game me thinks. Chile looked good versus Spain but Brazil should take it.

Brazil starting lineup

* 01 Julio Cesar
* 02 Maicon
* 03 Lucio (Captain)
* 04 Juan
* 06 Michel Bastos
* 13 Daniel
* 08 Silva
* 10 Kaka
* 18 Ramires
* 09 Luis Fabiano
* 11 Robinho

Chile starting lineup

* 01 Bravo (Captain)
* 02 Fuentes
* 04 Isla
* 05 Contreras
* 18 Jara
* 06 Carmona
* 08 Vidal
* 11 Gonzalez
* 07 Sanchez
* 09 Suazo
* 15 Beausejour

Great play by Brazil in the setup to 2nd goal...Fabiano's a prolific striker !

P.S.[Chile's coach looks to be really furious over how things are turning up :LOL: ]

Will be interesting for Holland, as Brasil has been our nemesis in the World Championship, killing us in the quarter finals and semi-finals, in very exciting matches. Will we get our revenge, or will Brasil prove too strong once again? They sure look strong!

Will be interesting for Holland, as Brasil has been our nemesis in the World Championship, killing us in the quarter finals and semi-finals, in very exciting matches. Will we get our revenge, or will Brasil prove too strong once again? They sure look strong!
I hope Holland wins...been waiting for them to win a major tournament since the heartbreaking 1998 WC exit :cry:
I donno how to explain this but I always wanted to be a Dutch...I have nothing but lots of :love: for that country. Ah maybe 'nother life :)

So Japan (the better playing team) loses 5-4 in penalties. I simply hate penalty shootout, it depends entirely on luck.

Gamers all over the world cry out in anguish :(

So Japan (the better playing team) loses 5-4 in penalties. I simply hate penalty shootout, it depends entirely on luck.

Gamers all over the world cry out in anguish :(

They seem to be pretty tired though. Although I agree with you that it's almost pure luck.

Spain-Portugal about to begin a minute from now. How is rivalry between these two nations in Football field?

Bloody Hell that could've been a HUGE opportunity for Portugal & could've changed the game totally...with three Portuguese players inside the box in position.

What a filthy bunch of cheaters !

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't really like penalty shootout either, it's definitely not luck. It's who has the mental fortitude to win and handle the pressure.

Penalty kick finishes are just bad. If you want to change the game, removing players from the field is a much better option. After regulation, play sets of 2 10 min halfs. After each set drop 2 players from each side. Betcha goals get scored once you get to 1v1.

Well no surprises at all during that round, perhaps ghana vs USA but they were ranked very evenly so nothing major. The rest was just the higher ranking team beating the lower.
odds for the quarter finals
football30-6.png

I might stick a bet on a european team winning (I already have a bet on a S american team winning) covering the bases so to speak

Back