FC Barcelona Fans

It's shocking that Ferguson would disrespect such a big team as Everton by making so many changes. Incredibly arrogant.

:LOL:

It's so amusing when Fergie mouths off in the press about other managers. It generally means he's worried.

:LOL: heh well can't say anything about that besides that the guys need rest and that it seems Premier league and Champions league are more important to them. Although it's not like that lineup wasn't competitive against Everton, I think Manu did have better scoring opportunities in that game, so basically the lineup wasn't that arrogant. I'm not even that pissed about it, it's nice to see Everton have a shot at something.

edit: and it's still different to play with a "reserve" team than flatout saying that Everton is a small team.

Great result for Barca last night

Barcelona 4 - 0 Sevilla

Could have been more but that is still a great result.

Only Valencia, Chelsea (Arsenal or Man Who) and real Madrid now stand in their way of winning the Champions League and La Liga

After last nights game against Everton I would say you are leaning for the hope. In all honesty, Barca at the min will be too much for Chelsea

Well I didn't see Chelsea's game as I was watching Manu-Portsmouth, but I wouldn't make big conclusions from just one game. Chelsea has been playing pretty good recently and I personally wouldn't bet money against them in the game against Barca. The games at this level can be decided by very small margins and imo anything can happen in that match up.

This is of the Subject Thread - FC Barcelona Fans but

What are ur preditions for the Prem League this Weekend -

Saturday, 25 April 2009
Bolton v Aston Villa - HOME WIN
Everton v Man City - HOME WIN
Fulham v Stoke - DRAW
Hull v Liverpool - AWAY WIN
Man Utd v Tottenham - HOME WIN
West Brom v Sunderland - DRAW
West Ham v Chelsea - AWAY WIN

Sunday, 26 April 2009
Arsenal v Middlesbrough - HOME WIN
Blackburn v Wigan - HOME WIN

Monday, 27 April 2009
Newcastle v Portsmouth - HOME WIN

This is of the Subject Thread - FC Barcelona Fans but

What are ur preditions for the Prem League this Weekend -
Bolton v Aston Villa x
Everton v Man City x
Fulham v Stoke 1
Hull v Liverpool x
Man Utd v Tottenham 1
West Brom v Sunderland 2
West Ham v Chelsea 2

Arsenal v Middlesbrough 1
Blackburn v Wigan 2

Newcastle v Portsmouth x

Bolton v Aston Villa x
Everton v Man City x
Fulham v Stoke 1
Hull v Liverpool x
Man Utd v Tottenham 1
West Brom v Sunderland 2
West Ham v Chelsea 2

Arsenal v Middlesbrough 1
Blackburn v Wigan 2

Newcastle v Portsmouth x

I understand now, so in saying that you thing Hull v Liverpool is really a draw.

I understand now, so in saying that you thing Hull v Liverpool is really a draw.

Well it's a bit risky quess, but Pool is sometimes inconsistent against smaller teams and Hull is fighting to survive, but I wouldn't bet any money on that either + i want Pool to lose points :)

Well, Barca is going to win la primera this year (sadly as i am a real madrid fan), unless they really screw up one match and loose the classico by more than 2 goals. Hopefully Valencia and David Villa will give Barca a loss today.

Which i dont think is very likely as RM's defence without Pepe is not something that can fend off Barca for 90 minutes.

Even thought im a real fan, im rooting for Barca to win the CL (just because everybody in norway is a fan of english fotball, and fans of english fotball, at least in norway are extremely annoying.)

One thing i dont get with Barca, is the constant rumours of Eto leaving. Eto amongst the best strikers in the world, if not the best in the world, insanity to sell him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Barcelona are through to the final then. Not a good display from them today though - one shot on target after 92 minutes doesn't indicate a good performance, even if it ultimately won the tie.

However, they've got a lot to thank the referee for - I'm dumbfounded that the referee somehow managed to avoid awarding Chelsea even a single penalty despite several good shouts.

Expect a couple of Chelsea players to be cited by UEFA for their rather zealous complaints towards the officials at the end of the game!

Hopefully we'll have a decent final which isn't decided by the referee's decisions, or lack of them. I am pleased it isn't a replay of last year's final as well despite the fact that it was pretty exciting.

However, they've got a lot to thank the referee for - I'm dumbfounded that the referee somehow managed to avoid awarding Chelsea even a single penalty despite several good shouts.

Yep Chelsea got robbed in that game. Also Drogba can look in the mirror for not scoring on his great chance again... I'm sure Barca will show a better performance in the final and they are going to have to, if they wan't to have any chance against the great red devils, who made Arsenal look like some junior team in their match up.

Barcelona deserve to go through imo. They had penalty turned down last week, this week they played the game with 10 men. If it wasn't 10 men the game would have changed.

And they scored the away goal.

Barcelona deserve to go through imo. They had penalty turned down last week, this week they played the game with 10 men. If it wasn't 10 men the game would have changed.

And they scored the away goal.

Barcelona should have had been awarded one penalty last week (when Chelsea we rubbish) and forced Cech into a couple of decent saves. Chelsea would have been awarded at least 2 or 3 penalties last night if the referee had been halfway competent and Drogba really ought to have scored instead kicking the ball straight at Valdes in the second half. I don't quite see how that means Barcelona deserved to go through, especially when you consider they managed just 1 shot on target all night, and that in stoppage time! They weren't a threat before the sending off and weren't really a threat after it until the goal right at the end.

I was very disappointed with Barcelona's weak performance last night, especially when you consider how much of a goal threat they have been this season. If they play anything like that against an in-form ManYoo, they'll get stuffed in the final.

It must be said that I was most entertained by Drogba's histrionics at the end of the game. :LOL:

I feel a lengthy ban coming from UEFA...

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS COME ON THE BARCA,

Tenim un nom, El sap tothom -- BARÇA !, BARÇA!, BARÇA!

Last edited by a moderator:
Barcelona had lots of decisions going against them as well bear in mind.

I watched the match and do not think Eto'o one is a penalty, so thats three for chelsea. Barca should have had two, so not much difference here.

And Chelsea were the ones who defended last week so that argument goes nowhere either.

Back