FC Barcelona Fans

Hopefully there are some members on here that share the passion that is FC Barcelona.

If so what do you think of our new manager and our new signings for the new season.

Personally I think Pep is going to do a good job and the signings are great, my favs are Alves and Hleb - 2 cracking players that will only strengthen our great team.

Please feel free to discuss all things FC Barcelona related here.

cheers :)

Més que un club’

Im not a barca fan (HALA MADRID!) but i like talking about football.

Alves is a great signing, hleb, not so sure. Surely not the one i would have picked to replace ronaldinho, aspecially not after having offloaded deco aswell, but then again, maybe messi will take care of all the creativity you need.

The signing of hleb was wierd to me, i would rather have bought Silva, hleb doesn't have the potential to be the very best in his position, and if your clubs name is Barca or Madrid, having second rate wingers is not really an option.

Alves on the other hand is probably the best right back in the world, followed by Ramos. Great signing, i was kinda hoping for Real to buy him, im sure he will be very very very good for barca. (screw Cristiano Ronaldo for 100 mill euro's, il rather have Alves for 35 to play right midfield and then buy Huntelaar for 25 and spend the rest on a really good midfielder.)

I dont understand why Pep wants to offload Eto, hes without a doubt one of the best strikers in the world. 77goals in 107 matches for barca speaks for itself. Why offload Eto over Henry im not sure, maybe Eto has a really bitchy personality, but Henry is relatively old, while Eto is 27. Spanish newspapers reports that Schuster wants to buy Eto back to real madrid, not sure if id want that, but hey, if we can have him for 25mill euro's il take him.

Also dont understand why so few clubs are interested in huntelaar, the guys scoring consistency speaks for himself, hes going to be the new nistelrooy. 70 leage goals in 82 league matches for ajax, 34 goals and 46 matches for Heenerven. While the dutch league may not be as regonized as english and spanish, the only other player to be that consistent or better in dutch leagues was Ronaldo (42 goals in 45 matches), and Ronaldo (when he was in top form) was probably the greatest striker ever to have played fotball. Shame about his injuries.

Hmm... Barcelona why does that sound familiar... Oh yeah isn't that the team, who got their asses handed to them by Manchester United in the Champions League! :LOL:

I also have no idea why Pep is so keen to spend 25 mill euro's on trezeguet. Surely there has to be better transfer targets (like huntelaar) than a 30 year old, over the top striker.

Also dont understand why so few clubs are interested in huntelaar, the guys scoring consistency speaks for himself, hes going to be the new nistelrooy. 70 leage goals in 82 league matches for ajax, 34 goals and 46 matches for Heenerven. While the dutch league may not be as regonized as english and spanish, the only other player to be that consistent or better in dutch leagues was Ronaldo (42 goals in 45 matches), and Ronaldo (when he was in top form) was probably the greatest striker ever to have played fotball. Shame about his injuries.

Or Kezman 105 goals in 122 games for PSV.
Or Van Nistlerooy 62 in 67 for PSV.
Or Alfonso Alves 45 in 39 for Heerenveen.
Even Dirk Kuyt 71 in 101 for Feyernoord.

Plenty of players score a sack-full in the Dutch League. Hit and miss whether they do the same elsewhere. I think Huntelaar will probably see out another season at Ajax before moving on.

Hmm... Barcelona why does that sound familiar... Oh yeah isn't that the team, who got their asses handed to them by Manchester United in the Champions League! :LOL:

Asses handed to them?

Didn't Barca loose 1-0 on aggregate or something? Thats luck, not "asses handed to them". Not even particularly impresse, as Real Madrid beat the exact same team 4-1 two weeks later.

Typical Man Utd supporter thought. You win the CL once every one or two decades, and for some reason that makes man utd fans run around like crazy people talking about how you kicked everybody's ass and how man utd is the greatest team in the world. Its fun to watch, man utd fans are allmost as crazy as Ferguson (hes a genius at fotball, but mentally retarded socially)

Plenty of players score a sack-full in the Dutch League. Hit and miss whether they do the same elsewhere. I think Huntelaar will probably see out another season at Ajax before moving on.

Didn't know that. Thought only nistelrooy and ronaldo had similar stats for the dutch league, does the average dutch team have a crappy goalie or what?

Asses handed to them?

Didn't Barca loose 1-0 on aggregate or something?
Well the Barca players certainly looked like an ass was handed to them after the match haha. Unbelievable goal by Scholes in that game BTW. Anyways I was mostly kidding though as Manu was in deep trouble especially in the first game of that series and also was struggling hard against Chelsea in the Final, but a great season for Manu anyways and I think you undermine their success a little bit... A team which has a player with 10 Premier league titles has had to have quite a bit of success and winning the champions league once in a decade is not too shappy either given the level competion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asses handed to them?

Didn't Barca loose 1-0 on aggregate or something? Thats luck, not "asses handed to them". Not even particularly impresse, as Real Madrid beat the exact same team 4-1 two weeks later.

Typical Man Utd supporter thought. You win the CL once every one or two decades, and for some reason that makes man utd fans run around like crazy people talking about how you kicked everybody's ass and how man utd is the greatest team in the world. Its fun to watch, man utd fans are allmost as crazy as Ferguson (hes a genius at fotball, but mentally retarded socially)

Exactly my thoughts, we will see when their so called star player Ronaldo leaves them and they are stuck with Wayne rooney to go out and bang in 30 goals plus, which in my opinion is not going to happen.

regards Barcelona going for a new striker there is a few names floating about but i think your right why go for 30yr old plus player that will cost you too much on wages when there is talent already on your doorstep in the name of Bojan Krkić. Well thats my thoughts

Well the Barca players certainly looked like an ass was handed to them after the match haha. Unbelievable goal by Scholes in that game BTW. Anyways I was mostly kidding though as Manu was in deep trouble especially in the first game of that series and also was struggling hard against Chelsea in the Final, but a great season for Manu anyways and I think you undermine their success a little bit... A team which has a player with 10 Premier league titles has had to have quite a bit of success and winning the champions league once in a decade is not too shappy either given the level competion.

Are we talking about the same Man UTD who are struggling at the min in South Africa even with a good base 1st team eg. Rooney, tevez, rio ,Scholes to get results against teams like Kasier Chiefs and Orlando Pirates

A team which has a player with 10 Premium league titles has had to have quite a bit of success and winning the champions league once in a decade is not too shappy either given the level competion.

Meh. Raul and Guti has 6 la liga titles, 3 champions league titles. not that i find either of the statistics particularly useful for anything.

Meh. Raul and Guti has 6 la liga titles, 3 champions league titles. not that i find either of the statistics particularly useful for anything.

Yeah, I think that has more to do with Raul and Guti being sacred cows in the Real Madrid football powerhouse.

Cheers

Are we talking about the same Man UTD who are struggling at the min in South Africa even with a good base 1st team eg. Rooney, tevez, rio ,Scholes to get results against teams like Kasier Chiefs and Orlando Pirates

Are you talking about friendlies? Dont really see how friendlies are relevant.

Seeing how this kinda evolved into a more general soccer thread, who here thinks Cristiano Ronaldo will be any good in spain?

It seems that premier league defenders has a problem with dealing with fast dribbler players. They dont know how to deal with those player types at all, the amount of space defenders give ronaldo in england is amazing.

Similarly, Torres gets tons of space in england, which leads to him scoring a lot of goals. Torres was average at best in spain, goes to england, scores lots of goals.

Why don't english defenders just do like spanish, defend deep when your dealing with attackers that are faster than you and good dribblers?

Yeah, I think that has more to do with Raul and Guti being sacred cows in the Real Madrid football powerhouse.

Raul scored in both the 2000 and 2002 final wins i think.

I agree that the past honors of both Raul and Guti is hurting the club thought, Raul is getting old, hes not the player he once was (althought last season wasn't bad) guti, world class when in top form, but that seems to be one match per season.

Didn't know that. Thought only nistelrooy and ronaldo had similar stats for the dutch league, does the average dutch team have a crappy goalie or what?

I think it's just an indication of the general strength in depth of the league. Whilst Ajax and PSV are decent teams, and sometimes Feyenoord get a look in, in general there are some pretty poor teams in there.

Well as a player myself I think friendlies are important and any decent manager will tell you the same thing, but I was only having a little stab at the Man U fan. haha

Secondly I dont think Ronaldo will be the same player in Spain as he is in England. I will keep this short where was Ronaldo in Euro 2008 ????????? cause he didnt impress me at whilst the likes of Arshavin did

only 6? I heard 10 is a good number.

Im sure real madrid could have kept a few older player to make that statistic be nicer, again i dont see how its relevant.

The most winning club of all times is real madrid. 31 La liga championships, 17spanish cups, 9 Champions League, 2 UEFA cups, 3 WCC.

Id take that over a 35 year old player with 10 premierships titles.

Are you talking about friendlies? Dont really see how friendlies are relevant.

Seeing how this kinda evolved into a more general soccer thread, who here thinks Cristiano Ronaldo will be any good in spain?

It seems that premier league defenders has a problem with dealing with fast dribbler players. They dont know how to deal with those player types at all, the amount of space defenders give ronaldo in england is amazing.

Similarly, Torres gets tons of space in england, which leads to him scoring a lot of goals. Torres was average at best in spain, goes to england, scores lots of goals.

Why don't english defenders just do like spanish, defend deep when your dealing with attackers that are faster than you and good dribblers?

Aren't you contradicting yourself somewhat? You either defend deep and by definition give the attacker more space, or you push the defensive line up and try and deny the attacker space in which to work. Which are you advocating again?

And I think you're doing Torres a disservice. Whilst he didn't score consistently in Spain he was VERY highly regarded and played for, let's face facts, a rather goal-shy Atletico team who were averaging about a goal a game during his time there. I think we'd have seen a similar change in him if he'd have gone to any of the top European teams (I'm just glad he ended up where he did ;)).

As for Ronaldo. He's probably good enough to score in whichever league he plays. Spanish defenders, however, do have a tendency to be slightly more cynical in the punishment they dish out. I reckon he'd find himself on the receiving end of a few meaty challenges playing in Spain.

Good. ;)

Back