Far Cry 360/PC Comparison

Video don't tell which version of FarCry was compared, is it old x86, or enhanced x64 version ?
Surely the later would look better, and the comparison would be fairer...

EX||illuminati said:
The patch will run on all video cards, that does not mean that nvidia's card will be able to run AA with HDR.

Well, it says it does, so I don't really know what you are getting at:

Guru3D said:
Good news, we are seeing feedback on the fact that this patch works for both nVidia graphics cards (GeForce series 6 & 7) as well as the ATI X1000 family Radeon X1300, X1600 and the mighty Radeon X1800 XL and XT series.

expletive said:
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox...cts-PREDATOR-Xbox-360-vs-PC-Water-Comparison/

Teamxbox has put up a video that compares water effects between the PC version on ultra-high and the upcoming 360 version. Supposedly the 360 version looks a bit better.

I think the comparison in itself only tells you that the new game has improved water.
Myself thinks its fun just to see the difference but as i said it dont tell you anything about hardware speeds or console vs console vs PC that is likely where this thread is going.

overclocked said:
I think the comparison in itself only tells you that the new game has improved water.
Myself thinks its fun just to see the difference but as i said it dont tell you anything about hardware speeds or console vs console vs PC that is likely where this thread is going.

Exactly! That was that only point in the comparison. I think it's great to compare the two games. It isn't like they are dissing the PC version or anything.

Diplo said:
Well, it says it does, so I don't really know what you are getting at:

The patch will run on those cards, meaning the game will run. But not all the features will be available to all the cards. There is a hardware limitation in nvidia's card which means they are unable to use FP16 HDR with AA.

overclocked said:
mckmas8808 said:
Exactly! That was that only point in the comparison. I think it's great to compare the two games. It isn't like they are dissing the PC version or anything.
On the contrary , this comparison tells you that FC-P will be improved in other aspects too.
The Weapon and boat in the original version look more bland , with less details than FC-P

34sy.jpg

17cf.jpg

Also the reflection of the land enviropments on the surface of the sea is more impresive in FC-P.
13zn.jpg

czekon said:
AFAIR ATI X1 series can handle HDR+FSAA at the same time in Far CRY without this patch

The only way I could get HDR+FSAA to work on my 1800 XL was with the 1.4 patch. Why doesn't someone with a nvidia card try out the patch and see if AA works. Unless the HDR format has changed then it wont. On topic, the water does looks great now we just need breaking waves at the shore.

the water looked good but the game itself doesnt look that much better than the pc's. and since Crysis would be here q4 2006 which looked far superior to either versions, why would anyone get farcry predator?

ultragpu said:
the water looked good but the game itself doesnt look that much better than the pc's. and since Crysis would be here q4 2006 which looked far superior to either versions, why would anyone get farcry predator?

Because they want to play the game? ._.

ultragpu said:

I would put money on the fact that you wont see CRYSIS this year at all, i'm gonna say late 2007 for sure before it's available

ultragpu said:
so..there're still those who havent played farcry yet.
FarCry360 has an entirely new chapter plus Insticts(which is different and, depite worse graphics than the PC*I am talking for the xbox version*, a better game than the PC FarCry).

So in essence you get Insticts ,with better than" PC at maximum detail" graphics and at 60 fps, and a new chapter of the FarCry saga(sic...).I bet that many people who love FarCry would like a game like that and judging by the new IGN video the developers are hard at work of improving the graphics even more!!!

Also the talk about Farcry being a "2 year old game" is kinda funny since it could be argued that FC(PC) is still the best looking FPS.Bringing an unreleased game/engine(which probably won't come out until 2007) to prove that Predator doesn't look good is even funnier(or more pathetic).

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
Has 360 got HDR enabled??

looking the first 9 seconds of the second video, yes, hdr seems enabled and aa too

hope to see the 720p of the video soon :D

edit:
pic added

fc3xu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back