Famitsu polls Japanese gamers E3 interests

News item from 1UP.com show poll results from the latest Famitsu.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3150896

The latest Famitsu has a top ten list of what Japanese gamers were interested in during the week of E3, and what they want to know about might surprise you.

Japanese gamers were most interested in:

1 Impressions of the PS3 controller
2 Final Fantasy XIII information
3 PS3 price and release date
4 Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Snake playable announcment
5 PS3 menu & interface
6 PS3 online service
7 PS3 game pics
8 Polymorphic content surrounding FFXIII
9 Dragon Quest Swords
10 Square-Enix game pics

If this is any indication of Japanese gamers interest in the Wii, then this may be a bit alarming to Nintendo.

WHOAH!

That surprised me! I was expecting to see Wii and Nintendo written everywhere! :oops:

This might be because they already know more about for example the "wiimote" than the PS3 controller, they're more curious towards they are more unsure about.

SugarCoat said:
I'd like to know how they feel about those points of interest post E3 ;)

consdring a lot of the things on the list werent known pre e3,im pretty sure you know how they feel post e3 ;)

:devilish: on a sidenote: as of yesterday i preordered a ps3 from japan trough my mate over there....

i have to be the first

hey69 said:
:devilish: on a sidenote: as of yesterday i preordered a ps3 from japan trough my mate over there....

i have to be the first
How long would it take to ship to the states?
Also, I know games wont be region encoded ala PSP, but will blu-ray movies?

hey69 said:

i have to be the first

Hopefully you ordered a bunch of region-coded japanese games along with it ;)

Nesh said:
WHOAH!

That surprised me! I was expecting to see Wii and Nintendo written everywhere! :oops:

I wasn't.

I've been saying forever, Nintendo handhelds are very popular, but their consoles most definitely aren't. They got outsold by the 360 last week in Japan, and are only 3,000 units ahead of the 360 in full year sales in Japan. The PS2 outsells them by about 12:1.

SugarCoat said:
I'd like to know how they feel about those points of interest post E3 ;)
Not much different, if the poll was made during E3 as it says there.
Most of the things were already revealed during the pre E3 conferences and during first day of E3, so that poll should indeed indicate the reaction to the "gyro" controller among other things.

IIRC this poll only records the number of accesses on Famitsu.com according to the Japanese based GAFer's.

It does not reveal very much at all in terms of future sales prospects, except that currently 360 is of no interest in Japan, all it tells you is what the biggest talking points have been out of E3 for the "dedicated" Japanese gamers. I think PS3 has been the biggest talking point everywhere, this does not reflect intent to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad_Boy said:
How long would it take to ship to the states?
Also, I know games wont be region encoded ala PSP, but will blu-ray movies?

36hours FEDEX at max
i receive my stuff always in 48 hours..

btw i dont care.. i play a bit and ebay it the next day...

i'm already on my 12th xbox360 now, and that one i will keep to myself :p

Powderkeg said:
I wasn't.

I've been saying forever, Nintendo handhelds are very popular, but their consoles most definitely aren't. They got outsold by the 360 last week in Japan, and are only 3,000 units ahead of the 360 in full year sales in Japan. The PS2 outsells them by about 12:1.

Yes that's probably why Xbox1 did so much better than GC in Japan.

avaya said:
IIRC this poll is only records the number of accesses on Famitsu.com according to the Japanese based GAFer's.

It does not reveal very much at all in terms of future sales prospects, except that currently 360 is of no interest in Japan, all it tells you is what the biggest talking points have been out of E3 for the "dedicated" Japanese gamers. I think PS3 has been the biggest talking point everywhere, this does not reflect intent to buy.

Judging from their pointed interests though they seem like they want to know because they are considering to get one.

Back