Famitsu 2/May issue Japan figures

Don't know what is holding them back ? Its the hype machine that is sony. Its the same thing holding back ms too .

Huh? :?:

Try, lack of appealing software, industry slump, a boom in broadband and other diversions pulling consumers and their yen away from videogames (I guess you say this is a significant factor in the slump), and the rather good timing and head start that Sony had...

archie4oz said:
Don't know what is holding them back ? Its the hype machine that is sony. Its the same thing holding back ms too .

Huh? :?:

Try, lack of appealing software, industry slump, a boom in broadband and other diversions pulling consumers and their yen away from videogames (I guess you say this is a significant factor in the slump), and the rather good timing and head start that Sony had...

Don't think its lack of appealing software since it has close to the same amount of tripple a tittles as the other two. Dunno how broadband would affect it much. Mabye that they don't have any internet games but i doubt it would effect it that much and it hasn't helped the xbox in japan. .

Don't know what is holding them back ? Its the hype machine that is sony. Its the same thing holding back ms too . Look at it this way if you consider the gamecube priced at 150 with no games barely scrapping by against the xbox sold at 200 with 2 free games then u need to go back to school . With out factoring the huge loss ms takes on each xbox already you have to factor in the 100 bucks those two games take. That means when all is said and done the gamecube was selling better than a 50$ cheaper system. I think nintendo did really good and thats where thier great games back them up.

May I remind that this is Japan we are refering to here. Just because Xbox sales are horrendous doesn't make GameCube sales any better. Xbox has been selling badly since launch overthere, even being outsold by PSx during a few months - the sales GameCube achieved within this year are far from 'great' and definately below expectations. Japan has become far more important to Nintendo than it is for Microsoft, seeing that MS at least has Europe and America with at worst equal sales going for them in those markets.

IMO, N needs to create new franchises.....their traditional stuff is becoming stale now....and they must recognise that no-one can succeed without 3rd party support no matter how great your 1st/2nd party titles are...

one needs 3rd party support in order to succeed.. and nintendo definitively has 3rd party support for the GC.

the goodness of their 1st party could make it unnoticed, but 3rd party support *is* here.

OK it's far from being as strong as PS2 but it's a whole lot better than on the N64...

if you doubt it, just have a look here:
http://www.planetgamecube.com/releases.cfm

Magnum, what I meant was that N should focus more on 3rd party....though GC is getting more & more 3rd party games but usually their receive it last and developers tend to give least importance to GC version...! They should try and spend some money to get some more exclusives like RE...

Back