Fallout 4 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

^^ That.

And also, I'm in! Been playing A Tale of Two Wastelands with my little dude for the past handful of months -- it's a mod that blends FO3 and FO3:NV together, opens up a bunch of cut content, fixes a hefty fistful of known bugs, and allows you to venture between the two wastes "freely." A nice way to get back into the FO3 world :)

What? You mean a company that won't be charging $70 US and more in other regions and marketing it as a Remake? How is that even sustainable?:runaway:
The description barely sounds like anything remotely similar to a remake :p

Also it doesnt say anything about thw visual enhancements. What are they going to be exactly

What? You mean a company that won't be charging $70 US and more in other regions and marketing it as a Remake? How is that even sustainable?:runaway:
Because like Skyrim, it won't be a remake. They aren't going to change mechanics, balance or to rebuild any of the environments - just like Skyrim. Don't get me wrong, I'm not turning my nose up at this given Fallout 4 is easily one of my most re-played games that I own on PC, PS4, and Xbox.

just like Skyrim Special Edition back-ported the Fallout 4 engine to Skyrim, this will be back-porting the Starfield engine to Fallout 4. On console this will be better textures and higher settings equivalent to some PC defaults. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a paid-for version like Anniversary Edition with more 'essential' Creation Club content. Fallout 4 fishing? :runaway:

June 22, 2023
Late last year, it was announced that various older titles such as Skyrim, Resident Evil Village, and Fallout 4 would receive unofficial NVIDIA DLSS support. As shown off by modder 'PureDark' back then, these DLSS mods will not only improve the titles' performance but also their visuals.
Over the weekend, 'PureDark' has now demonstrated how Fallout 4 runs with his upcoming DLSS 3 mod. This is merely a demonstration at this point, and we aren't sure when the mod will be made available for public release just yet. Going by this demonstration, however, it's clear that Fallout 4 really benefits from frame generation. With the mod enabled, we can see a constant 60FPS within the, whereas we could see clear framerate drops to 50FPS when not using this mod. This is a known problem with Fallout 4, especially when running the game with various mods enabled during large-scale scenes.

Took a bit since I haven't played it for years, but now got it working with the MO and it works well at keeping the fps steady at 120.

The mod only allows for DLSSQ mode for now along with FG and 8k60 with just DLSSQ is no sweat on a 4090. Unfortunately, 8k FG does not seem to work even though it pulls close to 6GB of extra VRAM. It's not the mod's fault , 8k FG seems to be hampered by hardware limitation since other games see similar results.

Otherwise 8k120 would be quite easy in this game if one were to combine it with DLSSP to upscale from 4k.

new patch out today for Fallout 4

if you are crashing on pc, turn off weapon debris in the settings app before you launch the game
you may also try to run it in windowed borderless mode for more fps

If you use F4SE and mods that require it I would make sure to launch Steam in offline mode and set Fallout 4 to only update when launched. Launching the game via F4SE with that enabled will not trigger the update.

Even mods that do not require F4SE I'm seeing reports that there might some compatibility issues.

new patch out today for Fallout 4

if you are crashing on pc, turn off weapon debris in the settings app before you launch the game
you may also try to run it in windowed borderless mode for more fps
That's GeForce RTX problem that has apparently been around always according to PCGamer

Does this game have proper mouse support out of the box, or is there still some X/Y sensitivity weirdness? IIRC I think that's why I bounced off it on release.

Does this game have proper mouse support out of the box, or is there still some X/Y sensitivity weirdness? IIRC I think that's why I bounced off it on release.
never noticed it other than it feels like a bethesda rpg imho so if its the same in skyrim and starfield, i guess its the same here

I think it's pretty clear PC didn't really need this 'update' at all, especially when the only real benefit(the ultrawidescreen support) isn't even any good. I guess they wanted to release something anyways so PC players didn't 'feel left out' and so they could advertise something new for as many users as possible, but this doesn't even feel like one step forward, two steps back - it's more like stumbling trying to take a step forward, and then two steps back.

I swear, with all this Fallout hype going around, it's so like Microsoft to still be able to fumble taking advantage of it. I know I know, it's Bethesda, but still, you'd think MS would have been adamant in providing the testing and prioritization to get this right.

Back