Fallout 4 PC discussion

I'm running @1440p, everything ultra (except god ray, high or medium I believe), and it's all good, always in my freesync range (35-90). My R290 is doing great. BUT, I don't use FXAA or TAA in this game, it's like I have butter on my screen when I enable that. So, 1440p without AA is good enough.

So, I'm gonna need some a decisions here

I sided with the Railroad at one point, but decided I don't want to support their synthsarehumanstoo-ideals.
Should I still go on and do all the other quests for them, except for the mainline which takes me to the institute, or just be done with it and shoot their backs? Is there any nice rewards for the side quests for them?
Also, I already built the damn teleporter-thingy at their safehouse, can it be used with other factions too, or do I need to rebuild it elsewhere?

Has any site benched the game on the Broadwell desktop CPU with EDRAM? That would be interesting considering the curious sensitivity to memory performance.

Last edited:
Has any site benched the game on the Broadwell desktop CPU with EDRAM? That would be interesting considering the curious sensitivity to memory performance.
Oooh yeah, good thought.

Given the suggested sensitivity to Intel's memory bandwidth (and why not AMD?) this also then raises the question as to why the "E" series processors aren't showing better performance minimums in other benchmarks? Is it perhaps because they're running only dual-channel mode? I'm tempted to try benching a dual-channel vs quad-channel comparo on my 3930k rig. I run an 8x4GB config at 1666MHz and because of this recent article I tried slowing it down to 1333MHz. The performance seemed unchanged despite the previous benchmark suggestions, which could mean the quad channel is making up the slack.

But holy crap it sucks to remove four sticks of memory from surrounding my bigass heatsink in this rig :)

This is funny, like it or not:
vXWeDrW.png

I finally got to the bottom of the area I was in and I was scrounging around in a toolbox when I heard some footsteps behind me and turned around LEGENDARY DEATHCLAW TO THE FACE

I instantly went into 3rd person as he dismembered me with one swipe.

I increase carry weight in all these Bethesda games. I hate inventory management.

IMO lifting the weight limitations indirectly results in unlimited money. All you have to do is pick up everything and sell everything.
And getting unlimited money spoils the game big time.

IMO lifting the weight limitations indirectly results in unlimited money. All you have to do is pick up everything and sell everything.
Yeah, my preference is normally to get one really good solid playthrough without any "cheats"; we're talking 150hrs easy if not more ;) After that though, I often prefer to play through on a moderately cheated mode "just to see." I think I'll enjoy the second playthrough a LOT with all the basebuilding and armor / powerarmor mod aspects in this game.

I haven't run into this problem yet since I haven't found a single trader :(. But I did stop looting every single thing that every enemy was carrying. At first I was leaving a trail of naked bodies across the wasteland :D

Also in my experience with Bethesda games, most traders don't have that much money on them. So even if I sold everything I have, I wouldn't be a millionaire or anything.

Ignoring the scope to build many of your own settlements each with many traders, there are roaming traders and areas of civilisation with lots of traders too. You need to explore more!!!

Fallout 4 beta patch is now live on Steam

New Features
    • Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
    • Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
Fixes
    • General memory and stability improvements
    • Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
    • Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
    • During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
    • Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
    • Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
http://steamcommunity.com/games/377160/announcements/detail/128712951172870673

Back