Explosion in London

Hanners said:
RussSchultz said:
It's low given the damage to the bus of the pictures I've seen.

Maybe nobody was riding up top, but if it was 'packed' then I'm surprised that 40 people didn't die in the bus alone.

The numers quoted thus far haven't included any for the bus attack, they haven't been calculated yet.

Reports I have read said only 2 were killed on the bus.

This article.

DemoCoder said:
b) Probably Arab (opr Moroccan) or Pakistani, but more likely to be Arab
More likely to be North African, IMO, though the planners may be from the Arab world. If you look at the arrests Scotland Yard and other forces across Europe (inc. Madrid) then most of these have been for people of North African decent (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia etc.)

Looking at that bus you'd have expected a lot more, but it might have been that the seating caused the blast to go straight upwards and backwards, hence the low number of deaths. Also, it's right next to the BMA ( british medical association ) so multiple doctors were on hand very quickly.

The services seem to be doing a good job, I have special respect for the guys at the Royal London hospital and the air ambulance, they kept me alive 9 years ago when I fell off a motorbike.

my father was literally a couple of trains ahead of the one which got bombed at edgewere road....

thankfully he got home okay - i feel sorry for those killed and maimed by these attacks. How anyone can justify such an attack as "holy" and "just" is beyond me, especially when supposedly following a religion that arguably values the sanctitiy of life the most.

my thoughts go out to those affected by todays events.

dizietsma said:
The services seem to be doing a good job, I have special respect for the guys at the Royal London hospital and the air ambulance, they kept me alive 9 years ago when I fell off a motorbike.

yeah, top job - they seem to be handling the chaos really well

I'm shocked that it's only 2 people on the bus, looking at the state the bus is in. I went to see it after work today, hard to see properly because of the area being sealed off but you can see the mess on the buildings and the cars, and obviously the bus. It was either empty or the figure is a very conservative figure for now.

I mean, almost half the bus has gone, and if those were the effects on metal and hard plastic, i can only imagine the effect on fragile human bodies.

6.jpg

linthat22 said:
There's something fishy going on with this attack.

Looks like somone had prior knowledge

BREAKING: Scotland Yard says it got a warning before the attackand told Israel.

"The Israeli Embassy in London was notified in advance, resulting in Finance Minister Binyamin Netanyahu remaining in his hotel room rather than make his way to the hotel adjacent to the site of the first explosion, a Liverpool Street train station, where he was to address and economic summit."

It does make you wonder, who would stand to gain in such an attack?

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/1339138.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659331.stm said:
Scotland Yard issues a casualty hotline number for people worried about their relatives.

The number is 0870 1566 344.

If Dave doesn't show up in few days, maybe someone living in britain should call and check?

epicstruggle said:
linthat22 said:
There's something fishy going on with this attack.

Looks like somone had prior knowledge

BREAKING: Scotland Yard says it got a warning before the attackand told Israel.

"The Israeli Embassy in London was notified in advance, resulting in Finance Minister Binyamin Netanyahu remaining in his hotel room rather than make his way to the hotel adjacent to the site of the first explosion, a Liverpool Street train station, where he was to address and economic summit."

It does make you wonder, who would stand to gain in such an attack?

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/1339138.html

I'll take that link and raise it with the one provided by _phil_
Netanyahu Changed Plans Due to Warning

Lets see the Yahoo story says:
British police told the Israeli Embassy in London minutes before Thursday's explosions that they had received warnings of possible terror attacks in the city, a senior Israeli official said.

Crosswalk says:
Israel denies reports that Netanyahu had received advance information about the attacks and was warned to stay away before the blasts happened.

I'd say the Yahoo story is correct and Crosswalk is doing damage control. Just like Mayor Willie Brown getting a call on Sep. 10 telling him not to fly to New York.

Uh oh, what's this? Another story saying that Scotland Yard warned Israel before the blasts?

And Nutball get a grip, what does me posting what the news is saying no respect? :rolleyes:

Diplo said:
Nobody is seriously going to believe that it was all an MI5 plot so Blair can introduce identity cards. People aren't that gullible to conspiracy theories, are they?

I didn't mention ID cards, but since you brought it up. From the interviews I heard today from people calling in from in and around London they all said about 80 percent of the population think this will be a grand calling for Blair to push for the ID card while everyone is opposed to it.

I think it's an absolute miracle that the bus explosion hasn't led to considerably more deaths. I can only hope it stays that way.

And please, could you all do me a favour (and you know who you are) and keep the conspiracy theory stuff out of this thread. Start another if you really feel the need, but allow this thread to live without that nonsense. Please.

38 people confirmed dead. 38 too many, but thank God it wasn't far, far more.

Gerry said:
I think it's an absolute miracle that the bus explosion hasn't led to considerably more deaths. I can only hope it stays that way.

And please, could you all do me a favour (and you know who you are) and keep the conspiracy theory stuff out of this thread. Start another if you really feel the need, but allow this thread to live without that nonsense. Please.

38 people confirmed dead. 38 too many, but thank God it wasn't far, far more.

You act like it's disrespectful. It is not, I pray that the people that died are now home with the Lord. It's disrespectful that this tragic event happened to the innocent, no matter the motive behind it.

Just because you and others don't agree with what I say doesn't makes me wrong.

linthat22 said:
Just because you and others don't agree with what I say doesn't makes me wrong.
It's just the wrong time and place. Start another thread in Political forum, it would be more appropriate.

i agree with the other's sentiment linthat - wrong time and place.

go start a seperate thread if you want.

Mendel said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659331.stm said:
Scotland Yard issues a casualty hotline number for people worried about their relatives.

The number is 0870 1566 344.

If Dave doesn't show up in few days, maybe someone living in britain should call and check?

Dave is alive and well.

Nothing happened to him.

Let's be positive.

This is horrible what happened today. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people affected by this terrorist attack. As well as London and all of England.

linthat22 said:
You act like it's disrespectful.

It is disrepectful. Take it to RPSC, we'll debate it there. (Actually "debate" is a bit polite for some of the phraseology I have in mind, but there you go).

Guys, I think it might be a good idea to check on Dave.
If anyone has any close contacts to him, I suggest you use them.

He hasn't been around all morning.
I've been watching the news from 1am - 5:30am while browsing these forums.

I sent a PM to Dave and he hasn't responded, nor has he appeared on the forums since 1am, now it's 3:38pm.

I really hope Dave and he's family is alright.

I too thought the number was low .. with a city with literally millions of people .. it could've been much much much worse(think 9/11 counts).

Anyways .. it's really sad what has happened.

Thinking about Dave .. did Dave have family in London?

Back