Everwild by Rare [XO, XBSX, PC, XPA]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by AzBat, Jan 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

It reminded me (and interested me ) of WiLD! - the Michel Ancel produced game which was shown in 2014 but which rumour suggests is vapourware.

2. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

mm... wouldn't mind a laid back game that focused on exploration and taking care of the animal.

Why won't they just tell us!? Do they even know what kind of game they're making? :p

Scott_Arm and orangpelupa like this.
  3. zed

zed
    Veteran

No they havent fully decided the gameplay fully

4. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

would fit a zelda wind waker type adventure game

5. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

They mentioned rituals in the trailer.

Would be great if this is all about rituals, witches (the characters seemed female), magic, potion and elixirs, summoning of pets/spirits and maybe even a dark path with necromancy :cool:

6. Frenetic Pony

Regular Newcomer

Would be great if we knew what almost any of these games were about, but MS seems to have forgotten you actually play games instead of, you know, watch non descript, non gameplay trailers for them.

Here's my totally random guesses:

Everwild: Some weird Pokemon/Open world like crossover. Fable: It looks CG like and it's a "Games as a Service" thing set in medieval fairytale world. Avowed: First person Dark Souls alike.

7. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

interesting take on Fable. It could be a games as a service like Sea of Thieves or more MMO like. Everwild i think is a zelda type game. Avowed is more of a skyrim based on the pillars of eternity world. Take a look at the thread I made on it

8. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

They probably have some themes and concepts. If you ever watched Naughty Dog's video Grounded, which tells the story of the development of The Last of Us, they explain how their original gameplay ideas all looked great on paper but after they spent a lot of time building up the systems enough to where they could actually play, they realised that the gameplay just wasn't fun so they tossed most of it and started over. It was always going to a mushroom apocalypse game but the actual game changed over the course of development.

This is probably the case here.

9. tandeh

I think Xbox have already denied Fable being an MMO

10. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

I'd guess it would take some cues from Forza Horizon 4 with regards to how they handle multiplayer e.g. Live Events (meet up to complete co-op objectives every hour) & coming across other people (collisions disabled). Perhaps it's not MMO in the sense that it's not a shared world where other players influence the state of your session (e.g. economy & mob groups besides Live Events), but I could see them having such Live Events to get people to gather together for a raid or a group chicken-kicking session. :p That said, I'm not sure that's much different than how one can play Black Desert Online or Guild Wars 2. *shrug*

Likewise, they could setup PvP-specific events ala FH4 (who can kick the chicken the farthest?!)