Events in PS3 distribution?

Seemingly the 2100 is out in the Japanese channel at the moment, or at least that's what some anecdotal evidence via Internet searching has led me to believe. Looks like the switch to the 45nm RSX as well as whatever else is going on in there has led to a 10W drop under normal use. Part of me still wants to hold out for the new model for myself to get, but not knowing how long that would take, the majority of me simply wants to set up the existing slim model I purchased yesterday.

Do we need an intervention? Open the damn box and plug it in...

LOL, thanks Nav. ;) I actually tried fixing my 'phat' today first via an oven-based reflow - it did in fact correct *that* problem, but unfortunately I think I literally toasted something else, I suspect on the I/O because I get no picture or audio feed out of either analog or HDMI. I would've liked to have been on the 45nm RSX bandwagon, but my ship needs to sail early I think.

Oh I be checkin' - thanks for the heads up! :)

Of course I will probably suffer from the dreaded East Coast delay, but as soon as they are here, I will have one.

East Coast USA ? Its home to the biggest port in the country in New Jersey , there should be no delay for ya.

East Coast USA ? Its home to the biggest port in the country in New Jersey , there should be no delay for ya.

Well except that these things come from Japan in through the West Coast. If it were a BMW, sure, I'd expect to have it first.

Wouldn't that affect everyone and all SKUs if they streamline their inventory level ? (unless you're overstocked or stuffed)

http://yutori.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1268152082/

CECH-2100

今日到着のTorne同梱版 CECH-2100B(FW3.20)の消費電力調べてみた

アイドル 67-70W
BD EVA1.11 1080-24p 68-70W
BD EVA1.11 1080-60p 72W

地デジDR録画BD再生1080-60p 75-76W
DVD 1080-60p 74-75W

で、先月購入のCECH-2000B(FW3.15)

アイドル 73-77W
BD EVA1.11 1080-24p 70-72W
BD EVA1.11 1080-60p --

地デジDR録画BD再生1080-60p 85W
DVD 1080-60p 80-81W

GAME
NFS-shift デモ版レース時

CECH-2100B(FW3.20)
73-78W

CECH-2000B(FW3.15)
85-92W

So about a 15% power saving. It'd be nice for any Spreadsheet Fiends if there existed a comparison of consoles and power drops over the years, to see how the current boxes are tracking with older systems and each other.

Amazon's "newest version" claim has been up for a while though, and none of the folk that have received any of these have thrown up the flag on their being 2100. I called Amazon last week to see if they could verify one way or the other, and they cannot. As far as retail and consumers are concerned, 'newest version' equates to Slim, not the revisions within that form factor, which for most people should be completely transparent. It's only tech enthusiasts (and others that for some reason latch on as well) that will be following that specific change in hardware innards.

Back