Emergence day- 17th november.

What's more important to the 360 at this point, BD or GoW? MS has lots riding on those titles...

Hmm tough call, GOW certainly will move more units, but in less critical territories, while BD is it's shot at finally becoming respectable in Japan.

I don't think BD can do it alone though, I think they'll need BD, Lost Odyssey, Trusty Bell, Cry-On and the Tri-Ace RPG to come out next year, and hopefully a combination of all of those, if they remain exclusive, could give it a nice push. There's a bunch of other JRPG's coming, but these seem to be the premiere titles.

To tell you the truth I think games like Trusty Bell will end up on PS3 or any J-RPG that's not being published by MS. We all knew what happen to Enchanted Arms.

...any preferences on pointy objects? :devilish:

Well, I would prefer a nice spear... but since people don't usually carry spears anymore, I guess I would have to settle for some alternative. Well, you could use a hammer. People usually have hammers... wait, that's not really pointy, is it? Ok well then... an axe! Many people have axes... you know, for the occasional wood cutting and what not! No? Too urban to have an axe, are we?

Well, one thing is for sure: I won't have you killing me with something as pathetic as a simple household knife. That's just lame. You might as well dig my eyes out with... a toothpick or something. No, I won't have that! I want something big, something epic. Something worth talking about when people talk in my funeral about what I was killed with. So what will it be?

:LOL: Actually, we have lots of axes for camping! But if you'd like, I'll whip out the chainsaw. That's something for the news!

Anyhoooo.... I look forward to the release date. We've got a nice 4 day weekend for Nov 11. And uh...what...better...way to commemorate the end of WWI...with a shooting game. er...

:oops:

Well, I would prefer a nice spear... but since people don't usually carry spears anymore, I guess I would have to settle for some alternative. Well, you could use a hammer. People usually have hammers... wait, that's not really pointy, is it? Ok well then... an axe! Many people have axes... you know, for the occasional wood cutting and what not! No? Too urban to have an axe, are we?

Well, one thing is for sure: I won't have you killing me with something as pathetic as a simple household knife. That's just lame. You might as well dig my eyes out with... a toothpick or something. No, I won't have that! I want something big, something epic. Something worth talking about when people talk in my funeral about what I was killed with. So what will it be?

Lawn darts

Is Gears of War going to sell 400,000 units in one week?

If the game is anything close to hype by that time with over 6,000,000 units, it'll easily sell 400,000 copies. Not sure how we can determine how many actually 360 units it sells.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think those sales are likely. Seems to me at least half the XB360 buyers did so in anticipation of this game!

LE contents.
7.jpg

Looks like the game is on one DVD...

Week 1: PS3 400k: GOW 250k
Week 2: PS3 0 (400k total): GOW 250k (500k total)

So looks like by week 2 we have GOW with more shipped/sold units! :)
Actually GoW will sell much better than 500k in November.I expect near(if not more) a million copies sold in November.If "Dead Rising" can sell 350k in August then there's no way that GoW will only sell 500k in November(and with a bigger xbox360 install base at that time).

Of course all this has nothing to do with the ps3.

I think those sales are likely. Seems to me at least half the XB360 buyers did so in anticipation of this game!

Something to chew on: On another forum there was a thread where everyone made lists of their most anticipated 2006 games they plan to buy. There were dozens of responses. 100% of the respondants wrote in Gears of War.

URL]

Obviously this is not a perfect representation of the entire Xbox 360 audiance as it is an online forum, it does show that Gears of War has an intense following. When 100% of participants write in a single game (no clicky poll, but you had to list your own games) that is pretty impressive in regards to mindshare.

I don't think they are going to sell through to 50% of the install base in 2006 (and probably not by Spring 2007 either), but I would not be surprised to see 3M copies sold by March 2007.

As a point of reference Call of Duty broke 1M in about the time frame of the launch window and Ghost Recon and Oblivion both got close to/around 1M copies sold within 4 months of release in the slow time of the year (Spring/Summer). I think it is safe to say that Gears of War, hyped at 2 E3s and having a large sway with consumer mindshare, will easily exceed the sales rates and numbers for CoD2, GRAW, and Oblivion. It is the first "killer app" from MS directly so I would not be surprised if MS sold more copies of Gears of War in CY 2006 than PS3's Sony is able to bring to market in that same time (which probably isn't a very big prediction considering Sony will be hard pressed to get 2M out the door it seems; supply limited really sucks).

The one thing the game has going for it is that the perspective and the gameplay look different than all the other FPS' out there. I think when the mainstream starts getting a look at it on TV, just the difference in the way the game is played and what the gamer sees on screen will give people the idea that "this is next-gen". This gameplay convention itself is unproven, but aesthetically speaking being able to stand out is a big plus to sell 360s.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing the game has going for it is that the perspective and the gameplay look different than all the other FPS' out there.
Because it's not a first-person shooter ;)

Graphical the dynamic lighting in this game impresses me, and there's some rich detail and effects. I'm a bit bothered by the animation and framerate though. Hopefully they've managed to get that up to speed, as having a stutter really breaks the game. It will be interesting with this and R:FOM probably running head-to-head around launch!

Because it's not a first-person shooter ;)

Graphical the dynamic lighting in this game impresses me, and there's some rich detail and effects. I'm a bit bothered by the animation and framerate though. Hopefully they've managed to get that up to speed, as having a stutter really breaks the game. It will be interesting with this and R:FOM probably running head-to-head around launch!

Yeah exactly! Everything you like about FPS' without looking like one! :)

FWIW, none of the in-game footage we have seen so far has been running on the multi-threaded renderer and Epic expects that to completely lock the framerate at 30.

Back