Emergence day- 17th november.

Mendel

Mr. Upgrade
Veteran
Well, I could not find the news on the english xbox.com but its there in the finnish site.

http://www.xbox.com/fi-FI/community/news/emergenceday.htm

That's 17th of november for the release date of Gears of war

Oh and there's going to be a special edition with "Destroyed Beauty” -art book and a making of bonus-DVD.

If this is old news then just kill me with something pointy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The may be able to 'Halo' the EU launch of PS3 though (and I'm talking about Halo releasing in March next year :devilish: )

More likely Forza Motorsport 2, although the game needs to shape up a lot between now and then to be very relevant.

The GOW move is pretty good for MS: great looking game technically and artistically, hyped for 2 years and has won a number of awards, at the supply limited launch; follow up in 2007 with Halo 3 to go head-to-head during the real "first" year and strategic 2007.

Personally I think MS has too much in 2007. With Mass Effect, Too Human, and Forza Motorsport 2 slipping that leaves Gears of War and Viva Pinata in 2006. MS has a lot of 3rd party titles (like Splinter Cell, and cross platform titles like Rainbow Six and the like) but all the slipped titles makes 2006 sparser and loads up 2007, which sadly probably means some great games will get overlooked. Next year will see the above titles plus Brother in Arms, Medal of Honor, Bioshock, Halo 3, GTA4, etc.

Obviously it is best for consumers for games to be released when they are ready, but a big glut of games can make great games get overlooked. I guess it will make for a lively 2007 and a refocus toward games and the experience on the consoles instead of the metal and plastic on the inside.

Halo did 120 million in 24 hours...

At $50 thats like 2 and a half million copies...

GOW could easily do half that and be ten dollars more...

The bonus items are not worth the extra 10 bucks in my opinion. Regular version for me.

The extras are ironicly not worth anything. But there are those... like myself ...who get a little excited about certain purchases and they sell at least some of these special editions to those kinds of people.

On another note... What is the point of launching Gears "against" the PS3? Is it symbolic? Is it to steal a little mindshare back? Is it just coincidence?

cliffyB has said on NeoGaf that being Nov 12th is a Sunday, that all the advertising will be aimed for it as Emergence Day meaning ALL retailers will have it on the shelves by that day. however, dedicated game stores would most likely have it earlier... sometime that week of November 6th in North America.

Personally I think MS has too much in 2007. With Mass Effect, Too Human, and Forza Motorsport 2 slipping that leaves Gears of War and Viva Pinata in 2006. MS has a lot of 3rd party titles (like Splinter Cell, and cross platform titles like Rainbow Six and the like) but all the slipped titles makes 2006 sparser and loads up 2007, which sadly probably means some great games will get overlooked. Next year will see the above titles plus Brother in Arms, Medal of Honor, Bioshock, Halo 3, GTA4, etc.

Well I don't think there's really such thing as too much, but they are looking to have far too little in 2006. It has definately dwindled, title by title, until there is really only GOW to look forward to for first party titles. It's too bad they couldn't get Blue Dragon over here by holidays. 3rd party will really pick up the slack, but even then BIA has slipped, and more are inevitable.

With all these games slipping, the rumour of Halo seeing a March release sounds pretty ridiculous, even if it was done, they would probably push it back to Nov-ish.

Wow, Blue Dragon, I totally forgot about that title. Has anyone reported on the battle system yet?

We know it's traditional and turn based, that's about it I think. It was recently confirmed for 06 release. I would bet it's playable at TGS, and the Tri-Ace RPG will be unveiled there as well.

Yes Gears is actually SHIPPING Nov 7 I believe. The 12th is simply the earliest date MS expects it to be avaliable in ALL stores including your Wal Marts and what nots, so that is what they are aiming the advertising at casuals at. But he said the game chains like gamestop will have trucks lined up at 12:01 AM on the 7th to get the game directly when it ships.

So really, I count the 7th as the release date. The better to knock a few days off the wait.
________
Colorado Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited by a moderator:
We know it's traditional and turn based, that's about it I think. It was recently confirmed for 06 release. I would bet it's playable at TGS, and the Tri-Ace RPG will be unveiled there as well.

Cool, I was hoping for it to be turn based, rather than KH or Zelda style. Thanks.

What's more important to the 360 at this point, BD or GoW? MS has lots riding on those titles...

Back