Elite bastards down?

Mendel

Mr. Upgrade
Veteran
Havent been able to reach their main site or the forums today. They have seemed to have problems in the recent weeks as I think it was a bit slow previously too. What's up? Are they under attack? Why?

Mendel said:
Havent been able to reach their main site or the forums today. They have seemed to have problems in the recent weeks as I think it was a bit slow previously too. What's up? Are they under attack? Why?

Yep, I'm unable to reach it right now either, I believe it's all down to issues caused by the Santy worm, which tries to 'hack' sites using a phpBB vulnerability. Elite Bastards is patched to protect from the worm, but still gets hammered with traffic and basically DOS'ed by it.

It'll be back soon I hope, it usually bounces back within a few hours. Not sure there is anything much more we can do to prevent it though.

Druga Runda said:
yes, I just wanted to say "AGAIN?!?" :( :cry:

Yep, it really does suck, we end up with some downtime basically every day. Apologies to everyone who wants to get there for all the problems, if we find a way to sort it once and for all, we will. :(

Back