E3 05: Sony's next-generation console countdown website

Wow, a clock! Just what I wanted. I'll file it with those other special presents like Aunty's home-made jumpers and granny's socks. :rolleyes:

When the site has some meat, then I'll be interested.

Hey, at least it was delivered by someone who *knows*, *cough* what the PS3 specs are...so don't knock-it...

Jaws said:
This was posted from Nirey, a respected and trusted poster from PSINEXT,

Hey sorry guys, i have not posted in so long since last time. But anyways i am sorry i couldn't say anything about this sweet deal until it was announced since i was under very tight NDA's. Anyways, now it's official, and i would like to say that this is a co-joint collaboration between sony in-house graphics technology and Nvidia technology. What this means is that this "custom-gpu" is a totally different architecture that is not based on an existing architecture from Nvidia.

More will come soon.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=427308#427308

We have to wait! :(

Unless you guys behave, we may not get another hint! ;)

site said:
In recent years, the game industry has registered significant and sustained growth: the audience has diversified and grown, revenues are climbing, and games continue to push the boundaries of creativity and technology. The coming year holds exciting potential as well. New handheld devices will soon come on the market, the ramp up leading to the launch of next-gen consoles has begun in earnest, and game designers show no sign of letting up in their pursuit of creating games that make the most of both the new hardware and their own ingenuity.

The game industry's growth is also noteworthy in other areas. The interactive entertainment sector now represents an especially attractive market for those in music, film, comics, and TV to partner with. The industry is poised to lead other media and mainstream brands to new levels of awareness and acceptance among groups of the most sought after consumers.

Are you ready to leverage that newfound power of games?

The 2005 E3 Conference Program will highlight the people, trends, and opportunities which define and advance today's fast-paced, competitive, and lucrative game industry.

Designed to make you smarter, wiser, and more successful, this year's sessions will cover topics such as:

Making the mass-mobile marketplace a reality

Understanding in-game advertising

Successful strategies behind sponsorships, community marketing, and grass roots promotion

Tapping the potential of downloadable games

Cross-platform content integration: how it works and why it matters

Understanding the Chinese marketplace

New pay models and other trends in online gaming

How to manage the bigger budgets of next-gen game development

Digital downloads: what is possible today and what's in store for the future

Videogame visionaries and their plans for the games of tomorrow

Reaching the hardcore influencers and making the most of their networks

Innovations in wireless broadband content

If you are a long-time industry player, new to the game, or want to guide your business enterprise toward the most promising opportunities within the interactive entertainment industry today, this year's conference program can provide the tools you need to participate in both the traditional and transforming marketplaces.

Well, FWIW, here's the Sony E3 agenda...

They forgot teh PS3! :oops:

Personally i prefer this clock

With a name of LONDON-BOY, this comes as no surprise. :rolleyes:

You musst have been London Broiled when Bush won re-election. :)

Anyways, this clock seems to correspond to the start of the actual show, not their press conference.

I am WAY more interested in the press conferences this year. :D

Understanding in-game advertising

man that sucks I hated nfsu2 for the ads, I can see somethings if they relate to the game but soup and shaving gel ads don't belong in a racing game. but then again if the price of games go down I wouldn't mind so much

marconelly! said:
Jaws, that looks more like general E3 conference program, published by E3 people, not by Sony.

You could be right...must be a place holder until they finish that powerpoint presentation! :p

Nirey said:
Jaws said:
marconelly! said:
Jaws, that looks more like general E3 conference program, published by E3 people, not by Sony.

You could be right...must be a place holder until they finish that powerpoint presentation! :p

Lol Jaws, Marconelly is right in that this is from the E3 Expo website and not from Sony.

Here's the link: http://www.e3expo.com/e3expo/conference_calendar.asp

Hehe...that makes sense, though I nicked it from the Sony E3 forum linked above... :p

Any details on Sony's Agenda available yet?

Jaws said:
Jaws said:
This was posted from Nirey, a respected and trusted poster from PSINEXT,

Hey sorry guys, i have not posted in so long since last time. But anyways i am sorry i couldn't say anything about this sweet deal until it was announced since i was under very tight NDA's. Anyways, now it's official, and i would like to say that this is a co-joint collaboration between sony in-house graphics technology and Nvidia technology. What this means is that this "custom-gpu" is a totally different architecture that is not based on an existing architecture from Nvidia.

More will come soon.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=427308#427308

We have to wait! :(

Unless you guys behave, we may not get another hint! ;)

Need...more...information....

:cry: :oops:

I'm a little bit all over the place with my PS3 expectations right now. I had convinced myself that a pixel-only GPU was a lock (looking at Cell it seems too obvious, and with the rumours of NVidia's next-gen GPU seperating vertex and pixel functionality to different chips..), but according to someone who I believe is well-informed on another board, it won't be a pixel-only chip..

Hmm, what to think, what to think...

Hello Nirey :D

Back