Dragon's Dogma 2 [PS5, XBSX|S, PC] - The same old DD you know and love, with more spice

going to guess this is Steam's attempt to curtail rampant reselling of Steam keys bought in those countries to buyers in "Western" countries. This does place a burden on developers who want to keep low pricing in territories that Steam doesn't have automatic currency adjustments for, however.

That thing has been blocked by steam since many years ago. You can't even trick it with VPN.

In my region, the problem is publishers ignoring steam suggested price.

Some cheaper on epic, some on windows store.

giphy.gif

Ultra Widescrren support is broken in the original (cuts off the bottom 25% of the screen) I hope they fix that for the sequel

This game has not been on my radar at all, perhaps because I skipped the original game, but this looks very cool.

Will DD2 be the last big RE engine game before Capcom move onto their new engine?

New engine is still just RE engine with upgrades. Monster Hunter Wilds will probably come after this unless they have an RE game far along they haven't announced yet.

okay... watched more gameplay videos....

uh... this game looks like a modded Dragon's Dogma 1. i wonder what made this game much heavier to run.... way more physics calculations?

i mean... look at the geometry complexity for example. its very low, even the rocks are like PS3 games, including the low-res textures. some stuff like the grass destity does looks good tho.

my most anticipated game - waiting for part 2 forever it seems. Loved the first one, everything in the second one screams perfection (except maybe technical performance). But combat and classes/skills look amazing. Apparently changing vocation now also adjusts your stats with it, which makes it straight forward to change gameplay style/character class and experimenting with everything. Amazing - can't wait. Currently downloading...

seing how it runs, maybe that's why they removed multiplayer ?
so need to wait for DD3 for MP then.

DD1, originally planned with the lion race, etc. were cut but realized in DD2.

DD2, MP was cut... so for DD3?

anyway, hopefully lots of the hooks are still in the game, so modders can bring MP back

so need to wait for DD3 for MP then.

DD1, originally planned with the lion race, etc. were cut but realized in DD2.

DD2, MP was cut... so for DD3?

anyway, hopefully lots of the hooks are still in the game, so modders can bring MP back
Dragon's Dogma has always been a strictly single player affair, where are you getting the idea that multiplayer was even planned and even cut from it?

This was taken from an interview with its director, Hideaki Itsuno:

If you were hoping to dive into Dragon's Dogma 2's huge open world alongside your friends at some point in the future, you might want to temper those expectations. According to director Hideaki Itsuno, the devs haven't been considering "any form of multiplayer" at all.

This shouldn't really be too surprising, even if it might be a bit disappointing for some. After all, the first Dragon's Dogma game (and its enhanced version, Dark Arisen) didn't have multiplayer, and Dragon's Dogma 2 has previously been described by Capcom as a single-player experience, too. Based on Itsuno's comments in an interview with Automaton, it doesn't sound like that's going to change post-launch, either.

"We have not been considering any form of multiplayer for Dragon's Dogma 2," Itsuno says. "I think online games have their good sides; just as offline games have their own. But the concept of the original game was to incorporate fun gameplay elements not found in conventional offline games while removing all the 'hassles' of online games. This is one of the basic original ideas of the first game that I don't plan on straying from."

Back