Dragon Age III: Inquisition. Standard official discussion thread [XO,PS4,PS3,X360]

I am really looking forward to this game...looks beautiful with nice effects. Gameplay seems to be more DA1...I played through this gem.

I might dip into Dragon Age just for the medieval fantasy setting, just to roam around in sunlit beautiful areas. I do not know what the combat in DA feels like, so am unsure about the actual gameplay. it seems like an "alive" world and they seem to be putting n a lot of effort and it is also clear 1080p( I game on a monitor, so its a big thing for me).

I hope the overhead view doesn't mean that combat is constantly interrupted.

I might dip into Dragon Age just for the medieval fantasy setting, just to roam around in sunlit beautiful areas. I do not know what the combat in DA feels like, so am unsure about the actual gameplay. it seems like an "alive" world and they seem to be putting n a lot of effort and it is also clear 1080p( I game on a monitor, so its a big thing for me). I hope the overhead view doesn't mean that combat is constantly interrupted.

Iirc you can interupt combat whenever you want to control your party members. Other than that, combat is a bit more indirect than say Diablo3. It also seems that you can switch characters in your party on the fly now.

Maybe you find a DA1 demo somewhere?

Looking forward to this game!

Good video, the world of dragon age has really improved since the previous games, it is now much more detailed.

But the no-healing stuff is weard considering you can revive your team mates. Well, why not after all?

Looks really cool! Any words on the console versions? Does PC version support gamepad?
There are two ps4 videos on YouTube. Look smooth but can't tell much of the quality fr YouTube.
Good video, the world of dragon age has really improved since the previous games, it is now much more detailed.

But the no-healing stuff is weard considering you can revive your team mates. Well, why not after all?
They did give some explanation in one of the ps4 videos. Something about not wanting players to be collecting potions in the game. I skipped through so didn't catch much.

So weird to see no interaction with the foliage... Also the camera control is too sensitive

The environments look so good. The overall art lacks a sense of mystery, I feel. It looks good but not mysterious. I am getting very interested, though, simply because of the huge environment to explore.

I like their idea of slow gradual organic respawning of NPCs and enemies NOT scaling up to your level. They seem to be doing things right. The only thing I am not sure of is the combat. Can't tell how it feels without playing it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKSxPWkGFMw">YouTube Link</a> The environments look so good. The overall art lacks a sense of mystery, I feel. It looks good but not mysterious. I am getting very interested, though, simply because of the huge environment to explore. I like their idea of slow gradual organic respawning of NPCs and enemies NOT scaling up to your level. They seem to be doing things right. The only thing I am not sure of is the combat. Can't tell how it feels without playing it.

Yeah, I am quite interested in this game...looks very good so far!

Back