Dpvsetup.exe sound error

Hi,

I am unable to run the dpvsetup.exe sound test, and when I attempt to do so, I get these errors: "An error occurred during DirectPlay Voice setup. The error code is 0x80004005", "Windows cannot execute DpvSetup.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install". Due to this, I am unable to use Microsoft Gamevoice voice commands, or use UT2004 voice chat. But I am still able to use voice on the Creative sound card console. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me resolve this problem quickly without having to reinstall the OS. :cry:

Steps taken to correct:
1. uninstalled, reinstalled sound drivers (I have the latest drivers for the Audigy 2)
2. used dxdiag to move HW accelleration to all possible levels
3. made sure all volume control settings in "Playback" and "Recording" were correct
4. replaced all occurrences of dpvsetup.exe from identical corresponding files from second computer as suggested by answer to very similar Q found in EE DB
5. browsed to regkey below, and set "Full Duplex", "Half Duplex", and "Mic Detected" values to 3, 3, 2, and also 3, 3, 3, respectively as suggested in a "Microsoft Gamvoice" forum. "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\DIRECTPLAY\VOICE\AudioConfig\{BD6DD71A-3DEB-11D1-B171-00C04FC20000}\{BD6DD71B-3DEB-11D1-B171-00C04FC20000}
6. uninstalled Gamevoice
7. reinstalled DX 9c

Specs:
Windows XP Pro SP1
PIV, 2.8GHz 800MHz FSB
Intel 875PBZ MOBO
Audigy2 Sound card

Back