Don't ask why...

AlNom

Legend
...because I don't have a good reason. I've been up for 37 hours and I plan to keep going. Somone got a "you are crazy" pic to post?

I was up for more than 100 hours once, except for about 2 hours sometime in the middle.

I had a semi-good reason, though: The Gathering (LAN party with about 5000 people).

london-boy said:
You "only" got 6?!?!? I didn't even get one!! And who's this Guldur guy anyway? I'm calling the divorce lawyers now.

Sauron's fortress east of Lothlorien before he relocated to Mordor. :p

I'm not that into RTS games as a genre, but BfME2 is a helluva lot of fun.

I've always needed a good 8-9 hours of sleep to feel decent. 7 is OK, but anything less and I'm crankier than usual.

Speaking of sacking dol guldur and stuff... When's the middle earth MMO coming out?

Between it, Conan and Trek, I'm going to have an awfully hard time choosing wether to buy yet another subscription to a hugely time-consuming online game. Feh! :D

NANOTEC said:
:LOL: Just remember to eat and drink.:LOL:

I've got to pass the time somehow! :LOL:

london-boy said:

I was asking myself this question about 9 hours ago. Of course, I don't trust any conclusion that I came up with.

Well... maybe I'm curious to see what'll happen to my mind.

EasyRaider said:
I was up for more than 100 hours once, except for about 2 hours sometime in the middle.

I had a semi-good reason, though: The Gathering (LAN party with about 5000 people).

lol crazy lan parties. I've only been to one, Fragapalooza here in Edmonton (600 people I think), but I was on assignment rather than gaming. Some people have way too much time to spend on modding their cases, not that I'm complaining. The best one I've seen is the Keg-computer...which actually dispenses fluids (no beer allowed at the lanparty of course, so he had pop goin through it. I think it was chilled too.) Well, there was the one guy who actually brought tanks of... something... it was pressurized... maybe liquid nitrogen? he had a few tall green tanks of something going into a closed case that had some evaporation on the window (it was a cylindrical computer case with windows on the ends). Oh and one guy had actually spent the time to cut all the cables to length and hidden... even the power wires... it was the most barren and clean case I have ever seen barring an empty case. Another dood brought 2 Dell 2405's. :oops: ANd now I'm just rambling. I think I need to talk to someone. It was quite boring last night, trying to meditate or something to pass the time. I've got over 40 Xbox games and a bunch of PC games from the last year or so, and I couldn't be bothered to play. I'm getting impatient and load times should be instant. Oh and the play counts (in iTunes) have increased by a ridiculous amount for some songs (from 1 to 100 something). I wanted to call up this girl I'm interested in, but she seems to only want to be friends? She said she'd "be there" for er... "me" for talking about stuff and...stuff. And I'm pretty sure that last text message last week kinda accidentally told her I liked her, although if it wasn't obvious until now, she'd be about as dense as I can be. So we do have something in common, and here I am rambling again. Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters... (musical moment). Speaking of music, anyone listen to music from Halo (Combat Evolved or the sequel)? Volume 2 just got released for Halo 2 and I think it's great, especially track 6, Unforgotten. iTunes say 168 times for a 2:10 long song. So that's about 6 hours almost.. oh and looky here... Phantom of the Opera is coming to about 147 (Highlights from original london cast), but I just got my hands on the entire play which is double the length (and they seemed to have changed some lyrics with Music of the Night).

Last edited by a moderator:
Alstrong said:
lol crazy lan parties. I've only been to one, Fragapalooza here in Edmonton (600 people I think), but I was on assignment rather than gaming. Some people have way too much time to spend on modding their cases, not that I'm complaining. The best one I've seen is the Keg-computer...which actually dispenses fluids (no beer allowed at the lanparty of course, so he had pop goin through it. I think it was chilled too.) Well, there was the one guy who actually brought tanks of... something... it was pressurized... maybe liquid nitrogen? he had a few tall green tanks of something going into a closed case that had some evaporation on the window (it was a cylindrical computer case with windows on the ends). Oh and one guy had actually spent the time to cut all the cables to length and hidden... even the power wires... it was the most barren and clean case I have ever seen barring an empty case. Another dood brought 2 Dell 2405's. :oops: ANd now I'm just rambling. I think I need to talk to someone. It was quite boring last night, trying to meditate or something to pass the time. I've got over 40 Xbox games and a bunch of PC games from the last year or so, and I couldn't be bothered to play. I'm getting impatient and load times should be instant. Oh and the play counts (in iTunes) have increased by a ridiculous amount for some songs (from 1 to 100 something). I wanted to call up this girl I'm interested in, but she seems to only want to be friends? She said she'd "be there" for er... "me" for talking about stuff and...stuff. And I'm pretty sure that last text message last week kinda accidentally told her I liked her, although if it wasn't obvious until now, she'd be about as dense as I can be. So we do have something in common, and here I am rambling again. Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters... (musical moment).
Uh, this scarily sounds like me, although I've been able to avoid these incoherent rants so far...

About the girl, I have zero experience with these things, but if she's placed you into the friends category, you might as well give up getting anything more, or that is my understanding.

turns out I just needed to go eat a.k.a. 300g of cottage cheese with strawberry jam and 2 oranges.

manic depression? anything's possible. I'm feeling like Mighty Hercules at the moment. (but...are you serious :?: )

EasyRaider said:
About the girl, I have zero experience with these things, but if she's placed you into the friends category, you might as well give up getting anything more, or that is my understanding.

The truth hurts...not right now, but I'm sure this knowledge will click-in at some point later in the day or tomorrow, could be in a couple hours or when I'm bored of hearing old cartoon theme songs such as He-Man, The Mighty Hercules, Spiderman, and ghostbusters and something. I'll have to keep myself loaded on carbs every now and then to keep functioning. edit: I'm actually not sure how the carbs thing relates to this all, but that's ok. I hope I get tired at some point.

maybe I should see a doctor?

Question: is there any documented relation between depression and genetics? I know my sister and brother have been on antidepressants.

Alstrong said:
maybe I should see a doctor?

Question: is there any documented relation between depression and genetics? I know my sister and brother have been on antidepressants.

Yes again. What antidepressants did they use and how effective were they?

I'm not sure... they kinda didn't tell me. It seemed to work quite well for my brother when he was back home a couple months ago. My sister took it years ago. (I'd be a little nervous asking them about it though.)

Alstrong said:
Well... maybe I'm curious to see what'll happen to my mind.
Permanent brain damage. It's documented, but I can't find any references now.

Sleeping disorder (worse than you already have), and concentration problems (even if you manage to get normal sleeping times for a long time). It might not be big enough difference to notice it directly, but after a few long "days" you might. But then again, you might not think of it as related to the long "days".

Back