Does this have any chance?

nintenho

Veteran
Posted this in another thread:

I asked out a girl after stalking her AIM constantly for a week (with the help of friends) only to find out today on the last day of school when I finally got her number from a friend that she is going to China tomorrow. She said she won't come back until July so I'll have to wait until then.

It depends. But chances are getting slim as time passes by. Well, you can always try it again when she comes back.

The Baron said:
... Are you in high school?
Yes. She's fun to talk to. I think she likes me. I'll wait, nothing to lose. The conversation got really awkward though, I acted like a smart ass but maybe that'll not damage it too much. FECK.

You're better off to end the conversation after the important stuff, not just keep the chat up at any price. That's an attraction killer. Think about that next time.

You shouldn't just wait, you should check out at least two other girls before she's back ;)

_xxx_ said:
You're better off to end the conversation after the important stuff, not just keep the chat up at any price. That's an attraction killer. Think about that next time.

You shouldn't just wait, you should check out at least two other girls before she's back ;)
I kept the conversation as short as possible, we were both trembling in our bullshit. I can't wait to talk to her face to face. And 3 weeks isn't long to wait at all. I'll play 360! Oh, and she's the biggest nintendo fan ever. Actually plays videogames and doesn't try to put on a fabricated cute personality. You can't find many girls like that. I'll wait, she is.

nintenho said:
Yes. She's fun to talk to. I think she likes me. I'll wait, nothing to lose. The conversation got really awkward though, I acted like a smart ass but maybe that'll not damage it too much. FECK.
This might come as a shock to you... but high school is meaningless. It's not real life, so long as you don't do something really dumb. In five years, you will most likely never see any of these people again nor will you want to.

So do whatever. Have fun. Don't get caught up in stupid drama, but don't do incredibly dumb things.

Examples of really dumb things:
- Getting a girl pregnant
- Too many drugs
- Too much alcohol
- Completely blowing off school
- Taking it seriously

Roommate suffered from number five. It was a problem, considering he flunked out of school because he missed his high school friends (gwah).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Baron said:
This might come as a shock to you... but high school is meaningless. It's not real life, so long as you don't do something really dumb. In five years, you will most likely never see any of these people again nor will you want to.

So do whatever. Have fun. Don't get caught up in stupid drama, but don't do incredibly dumb things.

Examples of really dumb things:
- Getting a girl pregnant
- Too many drugs
- Too much alcohol
- Completely blowing off school
- Taking it seriously

Roommate suffered from number five. It was a problem, considering he flunked out of school because he missed his high school friends (gwah).
Dude, I'm not an idiot. I just am pissed off.

Back