3 4 THE SIMS 2 MAXIS EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
4 5 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 5 KONAMI CORPORATION KONAMI KONAMI
5 6 FIFA 06 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
9 7 CALL OF DUTY 2 INFINITY WARD ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
6 8 GRAND THEFT AUTO: LIBERTY CITY STORIES ROCKSTAR LEEDS ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
16 9 PROJECT GOTHAM RACING 3 BIZARRE CREATIONS MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
7 10 STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT II PANDEMIC STUDIOS LUCASARTS LUCASARTS
8 11 WWE SMACKDOWN! VS RAW 2006 YUKE'S THQ THQ
13 12 NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH & WARDROBE TRAVELLER'S TALES DISNEY INTERACTIVE BUENA VISTA GAMES
11 13 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2006 SPORTS INTERACTIVE SEGA SEGA
27 14 PERFECT DARK ZERO RARE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
19 15 THE SIMPSONS: HIT & RUN RADICAL ENTERTAINMENT PLATINUM VIVENDI UNIVERSAL GAMES
12 16 SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG SONIC TEAM SEGA SEGA
10 17 GUN NEVERSOFT ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
- 18 CONDEMNED: CRIMINAL ORIGINS MONOLITH SEGA SEGA
23 19 LEGO STAR WARS TRAVELLER'S TALES PLATINUM TT GAMES
18 20 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 06 EA REDWOOD SHORES EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
15 21 TRUE CRIME: NEW YORK CITY LUXOFLUX ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
14 22 PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE TWO THRONES UBISOFT (MONTREAL) UBISOFT UBISOFT
20 23 BUZZ! THE MUSIC QUIZ RELENTLESS STUDIOS SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
24 24 GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS ROCKSTAR NORTH ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
17 25 HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE EA CHERTSEY EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 26 NINTENDOGS: LAB & FRIENDS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
21 27 SONIC HEROES SONIC TEAM PLATINUM SEGA
- 28 BURNOUT REVENGE CRITERION EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
22 29 CALL OF DUTY 2: BIG RED ONE TREYARCH ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
29 30 50 CENT: BULLETPROOF GENUINE GAMES SIERRA VIVENDI UNIVERSAL GAMES
38 31 QUAKE 4 RAVEN SOFTWARE ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
30 32 MARIO KART DS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
35 33 SONIC RUSH SONIC TEAM SEGA SEGA
28 34 CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY HIGH VOLTAGE GLOBAL STAR TAKE 2
31 35 AGE OF EMPIRES III ENSEMBLE STUDIOS MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
34 36 CRAZY FROG RACER NEKO ENTERTAINMENT UBISOFT UBISOFT
33 37 CRASH TAG TEAM RACING RADICAL ENTERTAINMENT SIERRA VIVENDI UNIVERSAL GAMES
- 38 TORINO 2006 49GAMES 2K SPORTS TAKE 2
26 39 TIMESPLITTERS: FUTURE PERFECT FREE RADICAL DESIGN EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
40 40 BATTLEFIELD 2: MODERN COMBAT DIGITAL ILLUSIONS EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

Nice, it's my favorite game at the moment. Solid performance of Xbox 360 software aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
UK is notorious for having bad games sell well ;)

Slow month for releases though -- DOA4 is about the only notable game to come out this month (that I can think of, at least -- I'm probably forgetting something).

We don't have the actual sales numbers, but thats good for a console that has a rather small user base (compared to the other consoles).

So is it now officially confirmed that there are a lot of pervs in the UK? ;)

On a serious note, I'm a little confused by the numbers on the left. :???:

Its probably previous spot and then current spot (i.e. NFS was number 1 and has since been displaced by DOA4 making NFS number 2)

That's a solid performance by the 360. As the shipments resume the software sales are picking up. Apparently the DOA4 performance was 1-2 days of sales only!

sytaylor said:
Topping the charts in January is nothing to be proud of, try november or december.

So anything that debuts at number 1 in a month other than nov. or dec. is nothing to be proud of. Wow.

Hey crazy frog can get to number one in sales charts (and I mean the video game), the way they are at the moment. It doesn't speak of the quality of the game so much. Although I've always been a DOA4 fan I doubt it or the x360 are selling like hotcakes.

rabidrabbit said:
Anything with boobs have always sold well in UK

they should have made "left or right boob" singing "ringringringggggggggiiiinnnnggggggg" would have sold millions in UK
icon14.gif

It'd be cool to have some numbers, if alone to be able to compare the game's sales with the installed userbase of 360 in the UK. Userbase obviously still has to be very low compared to current-gen system (or is it last-gen systems already?), so topping the software sales charts is at least interesting IMO...

The top spot likely sold around 25-30k, so its not all that amazing in the sales numbers. Slow week (nothing but DOA4 came out), but good start for it.

just bought DOA4 today... man DOA3+ indeed...

only played like one hour , but i'm let down by the whole game.. too much like the predecesor

hey69 said:
just bought DOA4 today... man DOA3+ indeed...

only played like one hour , but i'm let down by the whole game.. too much like the predecesor

It's as different as any other fighting game sequel is different (if not more so). The game is not like DOA3 at all, especially at high level play. Reversals have been overhauled, ground game has been added, juggling upgraded, environment interaction taken to another level. Online play is kick ass. Give it some time.

Back