DOA 4 - photorealistic background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backgrounds do look good, but definately not photorealistic.
And I hate to say it, but Serenity Painted Death is right, the characters kill the "realistic" background feel.

you and your high standards : )

seriously, if somebody considers this photorealistic then they need to raise the blinds from the windows of the room they've been isolated in.

They put so much into the characters the background lose out. Then again, the point of the game is the characters. Although, some of the other scenes are pretty good, but this one is just ugly.

I think the characters look out of place in those backgrounds as well...but perhaps it's just me. I feel as though a certain consistency in art design is more desirable unless the aim is for that specific type of contrast.

DudeMiester said:
They put so much into the characters the background lose out. Then again, the point of the game is the characters. Although, some of the other scenes are pretty good, but this one is just ugly.

Ummm, you have that backwards my friend. :p

Hardknock said:
Ummm, you have that backwards my friend. :p

Exactly, Ii have been notcing a tred witih 360, the Backgrounds look almost photorealistic, but the Character models look slightly better than Xbox.

God this weird obsession of photorealism! I know many think its showcases a system or atleast the progress thats been done in games and sure it does, for the people that likes it thats great!
Meself is a little more, "do i want to play games that looks like real-life" or "do i want games that dont look like "real-life" BUT still drags me into the universe that it is the "real" thing when im playing. More of a subjective and philosofic view on this.

Like do the Giants in Sotc look like that in real life.....

Last edited by a moderator:
the game just look normal for the first gen, the background doesnt look that special either.

dead-or-alive-4-20051221063003099.jpg

You guys must be nuts if you think this game is even close to photo-realistic. The backgrounds, at least in the images shown in this thread, are completely non-impressive. The forest level from DOA3 on the original box impressed me far more then than any level I've seen so far for number 4.

The lighting is totally not realistic, and the geometry is very blocky. Farcry for the PC, which has to be close to 2 years old now, has vegetation that looks much better.

I'm fairly sure last gen games looked better than that. I don't know whether some people are being sarcastic, but I'm not.

It amuses me that people are railing on about "******s" when like, one person, is actually drooling over the game, and everyone else is disagreeing?

Oh well, this is the internet, and I suppose even on /short/ threads we can't expect people who take the time to post to take the time to read the previous 10 posts.

Serenity Painted Death said:
It amuses me that people are railing on about "******s" when like, one person, is actually drooling over the game, and everyone else is disagreeing?

No kidding... last people that should be calling others such, too.

And I'll have to agree that it's not really that impressive. Not that it looks bad. But certainly not good either.

If they don't have big improvements they should just realease the game right now. It seems like they are adding a little here and there but the plastic doll look remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back