"Diamond transistors at 81GHZ"

Anyone interested in this should read the wired article that this was paraphrased from.
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.09/diamond.html
"This is very rare stone," he says, almost to himself, in thickly accented English. "Yellow diamonds of this color are very hard to find. It is probably worth 10, maybe 15 thousand dollars."

"I have two more exactly like it in my pocket," I tell him.

He puts the diamond down and looks at me seriously for the first time. I place the other two stones on the table. They are all the same color and size. To find three nearly identical yellow diamonds is like flipping a coin 10,000 times and never seeing tails.

"These are cubic zirconium?" Weingarten says without much hope.

"No, they're real," I tell him. "But they were made by a machine in Florida for less than a hundred dollars."

A microwave plasma tool at the Naval Research Lab, used to create diamonds for high-temperature semiconductor experiments.
Weingarten shifts uncomfortably in his chair and stares at the glittering gems on his dining room table. "Unless they can be detected," he says, "these stones will bankrupt the industry."

Pretty cool I want some now :p

It actually sounds like we will have much much much faster computers soon.

Sxotty said:
Anyone interested in this should read the wired article that this was paraphrased from.
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.09/diamond.html
"This is very rare stone," he says, almost to himself, in thickly accented English. "Yellow diamonds of this color are very hard to find. It is probably worth 10, maybe 15 thousand dollars."

"I have two more exactly like it in my pocket," I tell him.

He puts the diamond down and looks at me seriously for the first time. I place the other two stones on the table. They are all the same color and size. To find three nearly identical yellow diamonds is like flipping a coin 10,000 times and never seeing tails.

"These are cubic zirconium?" Weingarten says without much hope.

"No, they're real," I tell him. "But they were made by a machine in Florida for less than a hundred dollars."

A microwave plasma tool at the Naval Research Lab, used to create diamonds for high-temperature semiconductor experiments.
Weingarten shifts uncomfortably in his chair and stares at the glittering gems on his dining room table. "Unless they can be detected," he says, "these stones will bankrupt the industry."

Pretty cool I want some now :p

It actually sounds like we will have much much much faster computers soon.
cool , thanx for the link to the Wired article 8)

Wauv what a story, Russian scientists selling tech from the Soviet, thicklyaccented gemologists from Antwerpen, shadowy companies in Boston developing cuttingedge technology, while hiding from malovent cartels.

How big is a carat?

Leto said:
Wauv what a story, Russian scientists selling tech from the Soviet, thicklyaccented gemologists from Antwerpen, shadowy companies in Boston developing cuttingedge technology, while hiding from malovent cartels.

How big is a carat?

wow! it sounds like fiction, I sure hope it's not. That story has GOT to be the single most exciting story he'll ever write in his life, assuming it's true.

I think that man mande Diamond are a good thing and man made diamond used in semiconductors to make processors is even better just think of all the benefits:

CPUs of incredible speeds

GPUs of incredible speeds

girlfriends of incredible speeds...

Back