Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Solo-ed the nightfall too. Another first. First try also. I did have a clear plan/cheese spots for each section though, I think part of it was just luck/an easy strike. Not gonna say I can solo every nightfall now.

Oh and all I got was a legendary fusion :( I guess it could be worse, at least it's a primary.

Also beat Aethon again and got...chatterwhite and 3 energy. Yuck.

My legendary fusion is one of my favorites. Amazing range and impact. I like it more than Pocket Infinity. It was my go-to before I got Icebreaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I meant legendary pulse rifle...

I have a legendary fusion too, and dont love it...but yeah it seems OK for hard hitting work where a sniper may not be ideal and rocket is too close. I guess I just kinda put it on the back burner and dont use it much, it may be fine.

Oh and I've now run the raid twice and received zero raid gear :(

I currently have 26 shards, and I would need 36 to hit level 29. Which apparently is fairly needed for VoG on hard. If I dismantled my two surplus legendary armor, plus bought and dismantled two more with my current marks, plus ran a daily mission/PE or two, I could be 29 shortly. But I'm not sure if that's the best course of action.

Since I'm not getting any raid gear though, shards are not currently my limiter. So it might be a good idea.

I also need to level Aethons Epilogue and Ice Breaker, at least.

I also started an alt hunter, same class. Got him to level two. I read that you can do PE's after your alt is only 4-5, so that gives you an extra material each day. Except that waiting for PE's is annoying and they are so inconsistent...For now just the one alt, not sure of my strategy.

I got my Warlock to level 22, and things are kind of grinding to a halt progression-wise. The daily heroic strikes are easy, but the weekly strikes are not really doable solo, at least not with my current weapons and patience level.

Thinking about starting another character - which do you guys think is better: Titan or Hunter?

anybody want to do nightfall, text me PSN orangpelupa :D

I also started an alt hunter, same class. Got him to level two. I read that you can do PE's after your alt is only 4-5, so that gives you an extra material each day. Except that waiting for PE's is annoying and they are so inconsistent...For now just the one alt, not sure of my strategy.

before the latest patch, destiny public event timer is almost always correct. Unfortunately now its really hit or moss :(
http://destinypublicevents.com/

anybody want to do nightfall, text me PSN orangpelupa :D

before the latest patch, destiny public event timer is almost always correct. Unfortunately now its really hit or moss :(
http://destinypublicevents.com/

I'm not sure if it's the patch...they've always been inconsistent, lately it seems even worse.

The Divide is my go to place, it may be a few minutes late but it seems the most reliable, plus it's pretty easy to gold if you get caught solo. Second most reliable choice for me is forgotten shore. Whereas say, Steppes, almost never seems to spawn a PE.

I haven't even tried any other planets but earth for PE farming. It seems the best because the most zones.

I got my Warlock to level 22, and things are kind of grinding to a halt progression-wise. The daily heroic strikes are easy, but the weekly strikes are not really doable solo, at least not with my current weapons and patience level.

Thinking about starting another character - which do you guys think is better: Titan or Hunter?

Just keep grinding I guess. It should be fairly obvious whats appropriate fodder/gains for your level (I cant even remember back then anymore :) ) You just want to keep your light level moving upwards. I'm thinking for you Strike Playlist maybe? Although I think perhaps in those levels I was often loot caving, which isn't an option for you. And of course, buying legendary armor.

77Wizard ?
No, it's called Final Rest II.

oc5vVg1H.jpg

I switch between FRII and Icebreaker, depending on if I want to use an exotic in a different slot, or if I need void damage and/or if I plan on doing most fighting close range vs long range. I honestly rarely ever use Pocket Infinity (only for close range battles that require fire damage).

I'm not sure if it's the patch...they've always been inconsistent, lately it seems even worse.

The Divide is my go to place, it may be a few minutes late but it seems the most reliable, plus it's pretty easy to gold if you get caught solo. Second most reliable choice for me is forgotten shore. Whereas say, Steppes, almost never seems to spawn a PE.

I haven't even tried any other planets but earth for PE farming. It seems the best because the most zones.

Skywatch too. Caught 3 events this evening just by being at the right place at the right time while hunting my missions.

Yeah. I used to use skywatch, and warsat is also really easy to gold. However on skywatch, sometimes in lieu of a PE you will get that "the enemy is moving on each other", "event", or whatever, crap. Where all the Hive and Fallen have a big war. So I've kinda switched to Divide as the most reliable imo.

It seems even up to ten minutes late sometimes, but it almost always seems to come, at least so far, just waiting for my luck to run out...

BTW, for raiding, use DestinyLFG.com or .net (two different sites)

Couldn't be much easier, and what I've seen there's pretty much always tons of people looking to group. I've only used the .com site so far. You can message them from the web interface too, so yeah, easy.

Only drawback is, I've noticed the teams can often be pretty disorganized, with nobody taking charge, which can be frustrating. Versus my first raid from the Tower invite which was more of a well oiled machine of guys.

It's interesting it seems so many have different strategies for things, and also so much BS flying around, and everybody thinks they know how to do x y and z :)

I really dont see why Bungie didn't do matchmaking for the Raid. Everybody would have (they already have) figured out the VoG strategies, at least a couple people per matchmaking session would have known them. Yeah, it wouldn't have always been ideal groupings obviously, but the usability gains of being able to raid anytime from within the game would have been astronomical rather than essentially having walled off content. As it is, destinylfg is essentially barely a step up from random matchmaking anyway. And just having the raid limited to 26 and up, pretty much already ensures it's only people who have an idea how to play the game. So that would have been a natural quality filter on matchmaking.

Stupid bungie.

I thought it might be cool if us regulars posted our inventories (viewable on the web at www.bungie.net under profile)

I have currently:

Materials:

41 ascendant energy
321 sapphire wire
16 strange coin
393 weapon parts
7 spirit bloom
27 motes of light
57 spinmetal
28 ascendant shards
19 helium filaments
4 relic iron
13 plasteel plating

Consumables:

11 ether seeds
12 ammo synthesis
5 blue polyphage
5 heavy ammo synthesis
3 resupply codes
11 special ammo synthesis

14,463 glimmer
131 vanguard marks
6 crucible marks

Here's my guy

Z0x7mHK.png

All my current legendary+weapons (exotic in parenthesis):

Primary:

"Atheons Epilogue" Auto Rifle
"Shadow Price" Auto Rifle

Special:

"Ice Breaker" Sniper (exotic)
"The Comedian" Shotgun
"Final Boss" Sniper
"Light/Beware" Fusion Rifle

Heavy:

"The Swarm" Machine Gun

I no longer have a pressing weapons concern, but I do wish I had a legendary rocket launcher. Probably should have bought that instead of Shadow Price for 150 marks, only to get Atheons Epilogue two hours later in the raid and used it as my primary since.

I really had my eyes opened to RL's recently when I basically one shotted a fully shielded Captain on the nightfall strike. And that was a lowly 184 attack RL which is the best I have. Granted it was a void and void burn was on. STILL. Captains are a real bear repeatedly in the game on difficult strikes, and right then I learned, Rocket Launcher is the answer :)

Also, I'm gonna do some attack tests. My AE is currently at 257, I went in the hold on the Steppes and and shot some (level 4 or so) acolytes, it did 49 damage to the body every time (grey text). Now I will repeat the test when I level up the damage to the gun. I'm suspecting nothing will happen, if it's like normal leveling, leveling will only help the gun reach it's full potential against higher level enemies, it wont increase it's damage to lower ones. But we will see. I will also do the same test to some as yet unfound repeatable 28 enemies.

He looks much sexier with chatterwhite (shader doesn't show online). :)

Currently, the weapons I use the most are The Devil You Know (handcannon), Icebreaker (fire sniper), Admonisher III (arc rocket launcher). Also A.1F19X (scout rifle) since the update.

Bastard! You're a level above me :p

Although I could pretty much reach 29 whenever I want at this point as I've noted, just reticent about committing the shards just yet.

You pretty clearly seem armed better than me as well, have to give you the edge over me for B3D posters :p.

Edit: You're way ahead of me on the inventory front it seems as well, and 49 strange coins! Granted had I saved all mine I'd be up there in stranges. I've bought both my exotic helm and ice breaker from Xur.

Can you say your general strategies? I guess what I'm wondering is, do you grind strike playlist a ton?

It's kind of the thing I wonder if I'm doing wrong cause I dont do it much. Pretty sure it's not worth it at high levels, but since the engrams you get can decrypt to anything, I still wonder a bit. Maybe getting all those engrams would translate into a lot of strange coins and such.

Also do you have any raid gear armor?

I've been playing quite a bit ever since launch. I run two characters (my Warlock is my main character). All of the coin and ascendant energy (to level up my weapons) that I get from my hunter I give to my warlock. My hunter is kind of just a gatherer for my Warlock. :)

At one point, I had both my Warlock and Hunter at level 28, but I decided to roll with my Warlock as my main character and dismantled most of my Hunter gear for shards to fully level up my Warlock. My hunter is still decently equiped though (lvl 26, 5 legendary weapons).

I get most of the coin from the weekly/daily stuff and from random drops or rewards from strikes. Energy I get from a combination of the weekly/daily stuff, public events, and dismantling legendary/exotic weapons I don't want.

I also bought Icebreaker from Xur, as well as something else (don't remember.. it might have been a weapon to dismantle for energy). I've also bought a bunch of exotic engrams from xur with motes of light.

No I don't have raid gear. I've only essentially beat the raid once. I rarely have enough time and/or can rarely find enough people to do it.

All of my current gear is fully leveled up (and has been for a few weeks now). I'm keeping my 25 shards for in case I ever do get raid gear (most likely not).

Most of my legendary+ weapons are at at least 277 attack. I have 5 weapons at 280+ attack and 1 that's fully upgraded (my A.1F19X scout).

btw for keeping/saving points/things.
make sure you know the maximum stack.

i have stupidly not know Vanguard marks limit is 200. i do stuff and it keeps 200. bah...

EDIT:
my character

caE48VQ.jpg

JFB5UVp.jpg

EDIT2:
ah my crucible mark almost full but i still level 0 crucible :(
cant spend the marks to buy legendary and dismantle for shards.

EDIT3:
for online profile i prefer
http://www.destinydb.com/guardians/playstation/2305843009217113883-orangpelupa#50.paperdoll
and
http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/ps/orangpelupa

Results of my weapons testing, with Athens Epilogue before and after an upgrade of attack from 257 to 267:

The acolytes in Steppes cave, which were higher level than I had assumed/wanted, 18, indeed showed a difference, it went from 49 damage to 52. The level 28 ascendent acolytes in the nightfall strike, also showed a difference, going from 147 to 155 damage.

So, at least it's not a divide by ten thing as I had heard postulated, with no effect on lower level enemies. Basically meaning a upgrade from 257 to 267 would have allowed it to have max impact on enemies up to 26.7 level, instead of 25.7 prior. It had an increased damage on level 18 enemies. 3/49=6.1%, 8/147=5.4% on level 28's, so damage actually increased more at the lower levels, although I suspect it is due to rounding, as 2 or 4 damage at the level 18 enemy would have produced a much different percentage.

I wish I had tried some level 4 or some such enemies. Maybe next upgrade. I thought the Acolytes in Steppes were like level 4, but they're level 18 turns out.

I'm sure way more testing has been done elsewhere and/or everybody already knew this, whatever "this" is, but anyway.

The impact rating may have increased with the upgrade. Didn't look like it at a glance, either way AE only has a sliver of impact, but I didn't pay close attention. Doesn't really matter though, the effect is the same.

I guess if all upgrades pay out similarly (more testing sigh) and there are what, 4 damage upgrades per gun? at 5-6% per up, it's 20-24% more damage fully maxed versus not. Sounds reasonable, if a tad disappointing, and it's just conjecture anyway. Having a gun hit ~25% harder after having been maxed isn't too bad anyway I guess.

Voidwalker Warlock

Primary:
AR Shadow Price
AR Hex Caster Arc
AR Doctor Nope
Pulse Fair and Square
Scout Proxima Centauri II

Special:
Fusion 77Wizard
Sniper Icebreaker

Heavy:
MG The Swarm
MG Zombie Apocalypse WF47
MG The Culling
RL Gjallarhorn
MG Thunderlord

When I get any legendary/exotic Armor gifted it's always for the wrong class. My armor is standard legendary stuff I bought. Have 2 Exotic bounties pending which still require some major effort to complete including crucible.

Cryptarch is 17, Vanguard is 6

The acolytes in this underground bunker at forgotten shore at level 18 are completely off the scale. One even appears to be worse than some of these Event runners. If you unload Gjallarhorn on him and it makes no big impact "level 18" sounds really bogus. The guys in the earth dome cave or before the summoning pit are chicken shit compared to these 3.

^^ dont forget the "mini phogoth" in skywatch ledge that only appear for 1 day when 1.0.2.2 was released. really shocked me because i was listening closely to hear the chest/material sound. Then BAM! suddenly mini phogoth in my face hahaha

i think i recorded it in case someone want to see it.

EDIT:
*its name is not mini phogoth. Just like any enemies in Destiny, Bungie just change the scale and rename.

Back