Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Blah. Here you're running around in endgame and I can't get past the level five mission because I get swamped by enemies and die. Fuck I hate this stupid fucking game. I can't play it without wanting to stomp both my TV and PS4 into oblivion.

Blah. Here you're running around in endgame and I can't get past the level five mission because I get swamped by enemies and die. Fuck I hate this stupid fucking game. I can't play it without wanting to stomp both my TV and PS4 into oblivion.
What platform are you on? Destiny is great fun in coop, and it can ease rough encounters.

If you have a PS4, my PSN ID is HTupolev.

Time to level up your character....ignore the story mission for now and go through the exploration/bounty missions.

Get buffed get more abilities and then get even.. Yeah!

Ah ahahahah okay, do some bounty missions. Right. "Now we can go wherever we want" that rhombic motherfucker said. I went down into a basement and fucking level 18 monsters blew me away with one shot without any warning whatsoever. What fucking idiots made this stupid fucking game, and better question, why the hell am I playing it?

Ah ahahahah okay, do some bounty missions. Right. "Now we can go wherever we want" that rhombic motherfucker said. I went down into a basement and fucking level 18 monsters blew me away with one shot without any warning whatsoever. What fucking idiots made this stupid fucking game, and better question, why the hell am I playing it?

Ahhh you found those I stumbled into them as well :)
Take the missions and watch the lvls around you before engageing enemies.

Use your radar.
Check enemy types and levels before engaging.

Sigh, Both diagrams I bought from Xur had the wrong class. The game design feels like a huge screw you message to the people who waste their time on it.

Who cares? Melt them down for shards.

Motes of light are useless imo anyway, so getting 2-3 shards for them is only a bonus.

Course I have had an exotic helmet already so i dont much care about the helmet part.

You should have known going in you have a 66% chance of getting an item for the wrong class with that engram.

Anyways, I see so much complaining (like on reddit) over stuff that actually I like. Basically for example "it's really hard to get shards". Or "I randomly get crap all the time from loot".

Good, that makes achieving things in the game fun. If it was easy what would be the point?

I kind of agree. Making good gear rare makes it all the more exiting when you actually get something good and what keeps me playing Destiny. But I've heard many stories of people having terrible luck, but also hear stories of people getting extremely lucky. So I think the complaints are that rng is not balanced.

@Grall
we need to group up, play together.
destiny is much better in coop.

as for the enemies, yes. Destiny love to throw high level enemies at you and dinklebot/ghost wont give you any warning.

EDIT:
seriously, what is the function of dinklebot?
He never explains anything and always answers dialogue for you
"Have you heard of black garden"
Dinklebot "yeah we've heard the legend"
me "no, no, no. i have not heard anything"
He always takes everything secret from the player (oh i found the map of whole area, let me download it. BAM! Only dinklebot have the map)
Then when the game blocks progress with locked door, dinklebot will deliberately, did not unlock until after 3 waves of enemies.

EDIT:
new locked DLC area suspected from 2nd DLC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx-rGW7VY2M&list=UUenX6QQMyuwDctUxqms1gjQ

now i wonder, if i was on patrol and glitched into these areas, can i meet other people that properly have this area DLC in patrol? hmm. Or bungie will simply blocks these new areas from patrol mode.

and here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCEHNLJcPOw
(you are in space, inside a space ship)

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of agree. Making good gear rare makes it all the more exiting when you actually get something good and what keeps me playing Destiny. But I've heard many stories of people having terrible luck, but also hear stories of people getting extremely lucky. So I think the complaints are that rng is not balanced.

You would probably expect that with a "random" number generator. Outliers.

man, the RNG is very annoying. I just finished VoG for the 1st time. It took around 8 hours to finish, and i got NOTHING :/
im totally wont do VoG again except someone going to glitch it to finish.

VoG:
The enemy is the same as normal enemy. But have different name and all of them are spongebob bullet-pants.
Atheoun have different looks but basically behave exactly the same as 3 identical black garden boss

the only thing thats awesome are the level design.

You would probably expect that with a "random" number generator. Outliers.
That's not what I'd expect. The stories I've heard were people beating the raid 8-9 times and never getting raid gear. Whereas another person beat it twice and got a full set (or near full set, don't remember). Then look at orangpelupa below... he got NOTHING.

@orangpelupa, there are chests along the way that also give very good loot... did you guys find any? Anyway, that sucks.

I played the raid from the start to the end boss, and I got a bunch of ascendant material from loot chests and others were getting weapons/armor. I never finished with that group.
Then I joined with another group at the end boss, and I again didn't get anything special. I got the nice looking chatter white shader and a few ascendant energy IIRC. Some people on my friends list wanted me to do VoG last night but I didn't have time. Unless your group is experienced, it takes hours.

I got pulled through VoG yesterday, we where 3 experienced players and 3 noobs to VoG.
We did it in about 2h 45 minutes, so I doubt us noobs delayed the game with more than 20-30 minutes.
With that said, the experienced players had never lead a group before, so that part was a bit new to them.

And I got energy and materials from the chests, for the mission complete I got a legendary sniper and the shader.

And I miss the 40 man raids in world of warcraft. Where loot was random and there never was enough to go around. Even when the raid was on farm.

Sounds to me like vog is already on farm with many raids, so I would not be to worried about getting the needed loot. I would be more worried about what to do next.

Sounds to me like vog is already on farm with many raids, so I would not be to worried about getting the needed loot. I would be more worried about what to do next.

Not 100% sure about the details, but my assumption is that you do not get any mission complete items, but you would still get the chest loot on 2nd, 3rd and N playthrough. But for the end of mission loot, you can only do it once a week.

As for next, we are waiting for DLC I think..... Its already on the disc, but not opened yet. And then there are the event bounties etc, so its seems to go on for awhile.

I keep playing it, I usually grow tired very quickly, like Borderlands 2, I only played through once, never bothered to start on the 2nd one. Then again, it was just to much non sickal equipment to pickup.

@jskribbles
from the chest i only got ascendand stuff (icon looks like a staff),dunno ascendant staff/material/energy
i already can get that randomly from other easier missions.

That aspect to games is probably important for a sense of levelling. I recall Morrowind and how one died very early frequently to skeletons in random dungeons. But once you levelled, you could go back and whomp their heinies. Made you feel like you had progressed (because you had!). Games that provide you with monsters on your level that you have a chance against lose that sense of progress, because no matter how powerful you are, your enemies are ~your equals. As long as one adapts to the open-world mechanics, and they support reasonable information so you can make informed choices (this dungeon is going to have enemies I probably can't handle, so I'll skip it for now), I think it's a good design.

if you suddenly met unbelivable high level enemies, its also an indicator that you are closing to DLC area or cut content/hidden/forgotten area.

press the ghost menu button, if it says "The Area X" and when you go to orbit, that area is not in world map, then you are not supposed to explore that.

Back