Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Well I got one of those random invites in the tower tonight...and it was for VoG. So I took it and well, eventually, basically being carried by teammates mostly, beat the raid! Totally unplanned.

I will say the group cheesed a couple sections. Not gonna spoiler tag it doubt anybody cares... There's a section where you have to sneak by some invincible enemy that auto kills you if alerted (this felt kinda awesome, I think isn't that a sequence in Lord of The Rings? But the actual enemy isn't very cool, just a harpy variation), and another with apparently some pretty brutal platforming. For those they used some trick of dropping us from the fireteam, then adding us back when "they", the two best players, had passed those sections. So technically I haven't completed the raid from start to finish.

Got Chatterwhite and Athens Epilogue at the end. I had visions in my head of two incredible weapons when I saw the names but...no. Chatterwhite is just the all white shader that marks you as one who has beaten the raid if you equip it, which is pretty cool but probably a lot of people have it by now, and Athens Epilogue is just a LEGENDARY, not exotic, AR.

That said reading up, the good thing about AE is it deals void damage from the primary slot. Which is pretty awesome thing to have and among other places it excels is...the Vault of Glass raid! So basically on beating the raid you get a weapon that theoretically makes beating the raid significantly easier in the future. Which, given how much you replay content in Destiny, is not so bad. It's also said to be a very good PVE weapon, which is exactly what I want. It's a high rate of fire low impact gun.

Kinda sucks though I had just bought Shadow Price (legendary AR), so in theory I wasted 150 marks. Shadow Price hits harder fires slower though, so I'm not worried really.

I didn't know til tonight but you can only get loot from the raid once per week, though I guess hard mode would give you a 2nd shot at loot per week.

I also picked up, I didn't keep track but I think around 6-8 shards and energy each from chests. Not bad but not a huge windfall either. Considering my buddy had said something about getting 11 shards from one chest in VoG, I had visions in my head. But now I'm guessing he meant 11 shards total.

And I guess for what it's worth I got zero raid armor.

Yesterday sure was an epic destiny day, reached level 28, bought my first exotic weapon (Ice Breaker), beat the raid, got a great legendary, got my first legendary primary and two of them, got a lot of shards/energy :p

I think I might shoot for that "tweener" level 29 I said I wouldn't. I dont see myself getting a full set of raid gear, before I get enough shards to maximize both regular and raid gear anyway...

Guessing I'd need about 60 shards for raid gear and i dunno, 50 or even less remaining to max my current set. 110 shards shouldn't be too crazy a goal.

I definitely feel better equipped to handle/try to solo the super hard nightfall strikes and stuff with my newfound powers.

Looking at Bungie.net, I've got ~83 hours in the game. Seems about right.

1d 4hrs in story
23 hrs 20 minutes in strikes
1 hr 59 minutes in raid
51 m 44s in crucible (heh)
1d 4h in patrol

3d 11h 10m 37 s total

19,640 kills (way less than I'd have guessed, if anything)

I wonder if that counts tower time? If not that's gotta be another 10 hrs or something I'd think. Maybe it's counted under story.

I could easily see playing another 60 hours or something.

i just bough Ice Breaker and i cant use it in crusible because its Fire damage and the Exotic Bounty needs me to use Void damage weapon lol.

btw it is also useless for normal encounter because handgun already 1-shot-kill enemies, but ice breaker become awesome for killing boss because it also regen ammo :D

gotta do the weekly and get some more strange coins.

^^ its also possible in the "battleground" to just sit back and let the 2 enemy team wipe each other :) (its this level or the other? i forgot)

if playing with friend, use the "orbit pull" to quickly access boss areas.
basically other friends go to orbit, one player is a hunter with invisibilty spell, and skips all the enemies. after reaching unskipable enemies, invite friend back from orbit.

btw dont keep progressing if the game session are laggy. I learned this the hard way when doing it with other 2 friend. It was a laggy game, but we sniped away enemies and reached the boss. Then the boss takes ages to come out of the "ship". Boom, suddenly we died (the free-death cam showed that the boss already walking around and enemies already spawnings).

Last edited by a moderator:
i just bough Ice Breaker and i cant use it in crusible because its Fire damage and the Exotic Bounty needs me to use Void damage weapon lol.

btw it is also useless for normal encounter because handgun already 1-shot-kill enemies, but ice breaker become awesome for killing boss because it also regen ammo :D

gotta do the weekly and get some more strange coins.

Disagree, thing is a MONSTER. Singlehandedly made me feel overpowered on the daily mission at level 28 difficulty. Just, chewed through the boss.

If you have a hand cannon it may feel a little different. I run an AR.

The ability to have a super powerful sniper with effectively unlimited ammo is ridiculous. One of the best weapons in the game.

Also, loaded up my 360 edition (I did the buy 360, get One edition free thing). Maybe it's just because I stare at it so much, but the differences are HUGE. It was like Atari 2600 version :LOL: Loads of close pop in, the huge jaggies on the ship in orbit immediately stuck out to me before even doing anything.

360 version even, kind of loads the inventory screens slowly. Some items in your inventory have to momentarily load in just when switching inventory screen on 360. just ridiculous. Add to that 360 OS is now reaching that point where it just feels old...

^^ thats what i said, ice breaker is awesome for killing boss.

Its also very useful to "reload" ammo. So when i no longer have Alt weapon ammo, i just wear Ice Breaker, continue shooting using Handgun. Then i change again to Alt weapon with corresponding enemy shield color (its ammo will be replentished).

for killing normal enemies, i prefer to use handgun. It have more ammo per-clip, quicker to shot, and 1 shot kill enemies.

about long load on inventory. I got it on ps4. It needs a few seconds to populate the icons. It takes many many seconds to update character preview if i change equipment.

@djskribbles
just played nightfall and heroic strike weekly. Yeah, playing alone is actually quicker and easier. But its mainly due to my teammate keep refusing the "rejoin" from orbit when they die and forces me to revive them. (we are level 25-26)

Yeah, solo'd the weekly at lvl 28 for 9 strange coin (and got a legendary pulse rifle). Gonna try the nightfall solo if no one is up for it tomorrow.

Got lots of goodies this week and accomplished a lot. Beat the nightly for the second time earlier this week (so last week's nightly). Finally beat the raid but didn't get anything special, other than a nice white shader and some ascendant energy (joined at final boss, and they taught me how to cheese it as a Warlock). Was rewarded a legendary hand cannon that I've been wanting (and I quite like it). Got a much nicer exotic helmet than my old one from Xur (so leveling to 29 is gonna have to be put on hold as I level up this new one... already have the shards for it). Was rewarded Pocket Infinity earlier, and just bought Ice Breaker as well (I'm in love with this thing... infinite ammo and long range FTW).

thanks dor the nightfal,
wow, i did not know that a character only able to use 1 Exotic equipment lol. Now what is it will be used for... :/

Np.

I wasn't planning on doing it again since I just beat it a few hours prior (and you don't get rewarded the second time around until the reset). But that guy wanted me to help him get strange coin in the weekly heroic. Didn't know he wanted to do the nightly immediately after, so you joined at a good time.

I kind of rushed through it a bit since I've done that mission a few times in the past day, so I had less patience. :)
But Ice Breaker is perfect for that mission.

And yeah, you can only equip one exotic armor and one exotic weapon at a time, probably for balance purposes.

BTW, when you beat the nightly, you get bonus XP until the reset. Your head will now have a flame around it signifying that you beat the nightly this week (in case you didn't know this already).

unfortunately i completely fail farming bounty for crucible. because..

seriously BUNGIE... stop matching me with profesional players with their life = video game.

if there's battle statistics like on Battlefield, i think my crucible will be 90% lost LOL
the matchmaking never find match enemies.

EDIT:
lol for 2 hours crucible, i did not win at all. not even once.

Getthing "3 crucible win" bounty is really hard

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh, Both diagrams I bought from Xur had the wrong class. The game design feels like a huge screw you message to the people who waste their time on it.

destiny crashed to desktop, error
ce 34878 0

lesson learned - dont multitask too quick (messaging, notification, friend, destiny changing weapons main+alt+heavy)

Back