Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

I thought the PvP was all kinds of shit, but it seems like such a strong PvE game that I'm in anyway. Seems like a fun co-op experience.

The spider-scarab fight was fun (what are those things called again?). Will they drop two into the battlefield? :p

Was able to take one out solo using a refill consumable for my primary and special (only had 1 of each on me at the time, and no heavy refill). It was the one that spawns in front of the entrance to final building you go to for the strike, so, I didn't have to worry about constantly spawning, increasingly higher level, foot soldiers like you do in the public events. You can get to that area via free roam (although the entrance to final strike building, which the walker is perched in front of, is closed in that mode). Was hoping for a nice item drop, ended up getting nothing.

Nice bit of game play for a maxed out LVL 20 or is it LVL 29? (That still bothers me) Titan character.

It does show a bit of how the skill tree actually works and how there's interaction between the skill tree and your items. For example, he has an item that automatically provides one of the skill choices, so he picks a different skill choice so in game, he actually has both at the same time.

I like that bit, it makes it a lot more like Borderlands in terms of picking the proper combination of skills and and equipment.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...lus.google.com&utm_source=plus.url.google.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the Beta, we’ve continued to tune and adjust the game. The way you earn experience has been adjusted up and down a bunch of times. Items have been added and removed. New features toggled. Although there’s no single monumental change, the sum of the tweaks leaves characters from the Beta Build in strange shape that would be confusing at best, broken at worst.

From the Bungie website.

So, beta characters won't carry over. Its good in a way.I had become too fond of my Titan, thanx to my domination in Crucible, when actually I want start over as a Warlock. Now I can :D, without any second thoughts !

do the MP locked by region? if its region unlocked, how good the game handle lag? usually a game if more server centric, shooting enemy will give hit 1 sec later, if more client centric, hitting enemy will hit without delay although the dead-time will still be delayed.

Almost without a doubt there will be different territories. Server lag would be a killer for cross-continent players, and you can't do peer-to-peer instead in these kind of games, or you get haxxors with aimbots, possibly dupe hacks, infinite gold, health and so on. It would be disastrous.

its a console game on console that has not been hacked. there will be zero hacker. Although they do need to be prepared for the pc version so i think you are right.

back about the server teritories. it is locked like MMO or unlocked like MP games?

do the MP locked by region? if its region unlocked, how good the game handle lag? usually a game if more server centric, shooting enemy will give hit 1 sec later, if more client centric, hitting enemy will hit without delay although the dead-time will still be delayed.

I could play with people from US, Singapore, India and Europe. So, there was no region locking in the beta. I expect it to stay the same. I hate games with region locking.

There is no region locking [or MP locking] for games bought via different PSN stores. The only thing that is locked for them is that DLC needs to be bought in same region as the game.

There is no region locking [or MP locking] for games bought via different PSN stores. The only thing that is locked for them is that DLC needs to be bought in same region as the game.

To be precise only if the ID of the game and the ID of the DLC differ they are incompatible.

wait what? am i understanding this right? so when i got Destiny ASIA region. I wont be able to buy any DLC due to i have US PSN account? O_O

hopefully im wrong so it will work like on PC where i can have Asia game with DLC from US or anywhere.

wait what? am i understanding this right? so when i got Destiny ASIA region. I wont be able to buy any DLC due to i have US PSN account? O_O

hopefully im wrong so it will work like on PC where i can have Asia game with DLC from US or anywhere.

Just be sure that the ID of the game always matches the ID of the DLC or they won't work.
I think you should be able to play the ASIA version on the US account as well, on PS3 the master account can access any game of the sub account/s.

Anyway I usually consult Gamefaqs since they have the entire list of product IDs listed per region.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you buy the Asian version of the game, then you should buy the asian version of the DLC too. Just buy the DLC from an asian store. PSN store usually clearly lists which versions the DLC is compatible with.
No big issue, if you bought the US version of the game, get the DLC from the US PSN Store. Likewise for EU or Asia.

Beta progress will not carry over to the full release.

If the rest of you haven’t gathered the painful truth from the eulogy yet, our Beta characters won’t transfer to the final version of Destiny. The vaults have been cleaned out, too.

Since the Beta, we’ve continued to tune and adjust the game. The way you earn experience has been adjusted up and down a bunch of times. Items have been added and removed. New features toggled. Although there’s no single monumental change, the sum of the tweaks leaves characters from the Beta Build in strange shape that would be confusing at best, broken at worst.

Back