Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

i just tried to get back using VoC + Fusion rifle + Gjallahorn.

omg VoC damage sux. but now i can get positive KDR :D
i guess its better to use the weapon that you are accustomed to than forcing yourself to learn new weapon when you are totally sux at learning.

"you" in this case is "me".

The important stats for shotguns are:
1. Range
2. Impact
3. Fire rate
4. Reload speed
5. Stability

The only advantage found verdict has over the other top tier shotguns is its fire rate. It loses in impact and range since it doesn't have either shot package or rangefinder. Stability has little to no importance on a shotgun (unless it has a high fire rate) and reload speed isn't that important either.

Found verdict is better for rushing multiple enemies at once and in getting the buckshot bruiser medal, but other than that, the other shotguns are generally favored.

But like pelupa said and what I've been saying all along, use whatever you do best with.

Iron banner seems to be getting tougher. I mean we still win a large majority of our matches, but the level of competition generally seems to be higher. We'd get quite a few easy matches full of noobs before, but now everyone seems to be pretty good. I'm struggling to keep my K/D much higher than 1/1 (on average).

Playing regular crucible during iron banner or trials is a good time to step into crucible because most of the good players are playing the limited time events.

Last edited:
But here is found verdict against my party crasher

GbLr1vm.png

Hmm, I dont remember it losing in stability before, but it wins 3/5 and has a bigger mag, plus FV has full auto and final round perks...

In the actual game the difference in favor of FV seems a lot more pronounced than that screencap from Bungie.net. Especially against Matador, FV blow matador away in about 4/5 and barely loses in impact IIRC. And FV has more range there. Granted Party doesn't have the reinforced barrel perk activated yet which might make it closer in the range stat or even a tie. The thing is I read "all these shotguns have closed to max range and too many range perks will be wasted because range is capped". That confuses me more, since my FV seems to beat all of them in range.

I'm not doubting, I guess that shot package and rangefinder increase the effective range without increasing the range stat bar? So if you got one of those on matador/party they'd be superior?

Given my skill level and drastic lack of parts I'll probably just stick with Verdict for now. Sucks that my Party Crasher doesn't have shot package because otherwise it seems like a near perfect roll, but that's a big otherwise.

Edit: Wow, just looked at Datto's vid mentioned that you cant roll final round on a shotty anymore. The fact legacy weapons could give an actual advantage in crucible is a bit disturbing.

In other talk, I see why bladedancer hunters are arguably best in crucible. I usually get at least one kill from popping arc blade, sometimes two or three, (if I can find anybody in range) and I suck. I think that probably easily trumps a self revive, which doesn't have a ton of meaning in (most?) PVP anyway. Maybe in TOO...The downside is the hunter supers have a long animation lag, preventing them from being panic supers. You often have to initiate them from cover. Speaking of panic supers, it seems like the Titan fist of havoc is the ultimate trump card for general play. Over the long term arc blade will get more kills, but no other super can basically be like "here, I feel like killing you right now and there's nothing you can do to stop it" so effectively as titan smash.

Last edited:
Party crasher is also capable of max range, so your particular roll is not the greatest. Even then, shot package/rangefinder make up for that negligible difference in range. And yes, rangefinder does increase the effective range without increasing the stat bar.

As for mag size, it doesn't matter at all in PVP. If you need to burn a whole clip in a single enemy encounter and you need ONE extra shot, you're not using your shotgun right. :D

I finally got party crasher today and I'll probably reforge later on and post a pic.

edit: btw, the red/green bars that are used to compare weapon stats is bugged on the bungie site. But here is my matador vs FV:
4sPleb4.jpg

The stability and fire rate on my matador are actually a lot lower, but I'd rather have shot package/rangefinder + higher impact.

Last edited:
the method to generate valid code has been shared on internet since day 2 or day 1. So i guess nowadays lots of code has been used/generated.

the method to generate valid code has been shared on internet since day 2 or day 1. So i guess nowadays lots of code has been used/generated.

Oh yes, I'm sure any real hardcore Destiny fan would have already known this information. Only having played the Beta and having found it to be lacking so I didn't buy the game, I really only keep up with Destiny news just because it's actually really damn funny.

So I thought I'd share this bit for people who might play Destiny but might not be such hardcore players.

i mean with my post to say "it is risky to buy redbull right now because the high probability the code has been used"

i mean with my post to say "it is risky to buy redbull right now because the high probability the code has been used"

Heh, I took 30 seconds using the instructions and redeemed a code.

The quest is probably short and no big deal (not available until September 15). Guessing kind of like that little bounty mission. The 50% bonus XP, I'm not sure. Honestly probably not worth screwing with but we'll see. Since I have a laptop right on my coffee table while playing destiny might be easy enough to keep doing over and over, but to be 100% honest just getting more XP is not that big of a deal.

Finally got my first elemental primary on 8th skolas clear. turned out to be the Arc AR. Since i already have fatebringer plus two preadyth's timepieces, it's not that great, but it's something I guess.

It's funny how on skolas how key it is finding a good group. I can usually tell after like a level if we'll be successful or not. The ones who are clearly dumb teens or aren't serious, or one of them has an anger problem, etc, I just leave early pretty much. No sense wasting time when you know they wont beat skolas anyway. OTOH some groups you can insta-tell it will be no problem 5 minutes in.

I had a group yesterday where no kidding one of the idiots was like "I'm not taking the poison again, I just died with it, I'm not taking it again". And he basically did not even call out the poison timer at all. I guess this was his first time or something, but what an idiot. There's no sense wasting time with morons like that. Worse half of them dont have the sense to quit and leave the decent players the checkpoint.

Crucible updates nobody cares about...I am still improving a lot on k/d, lately even though I feel like I'm doing badly, the match will end and I'll be 8-7 or 10-9. Feel like I'm being too cautious a lot, so my kills are low but also deaths low :/. Ahh well not gonna worry about that.

I used to lose almost every clash game it felt like, this morning I must have won like 6 in a row till I quit. Crazy. No matter how the teams would switch around I'd always be on the winning side.

I saw a lot of low level players this morning, like level 5's or 7's, even 18's, those guys are like fresh meat even for me. They are like I was my first times in crucible...dazed and confused, and us experienced players (heh, not really me but yah) like pouncing sharks.

I wonder how much equipment advantage matters there...I guess our guns will be better, and we'll have better perk like my lucky raspberry arc bolt grenade. Still somewhat minor I suppose, but a bad primary could be a big deal.

Last edited:
So, finally did the level 32 POE by forming a group through LFG...what was funny was that I joined the game at the 4th round ;) ! It is tough ! Had it not been for the two level 34s jumping around like maniacs I wouldn't have accomplished anything with my 32 warlock. Anyways, got an armour core and bought the helm for my Hunter to take it to 32. Now I will be doing it with my Hunter to get a helm for my Warlock :) !

My question is: Do I have to wait for weeks for Variks to sell a chest piece, then shoes to get to 34? Is there no other way to get 42 light gear???? I get a helm this week and that's it ???

The only level 42 gear you can buy is from Brother Vance (the Trials vendor) and Variks. The only other way to get 42 gear is by using etheric light on your <42 light gear, which can be obtained from Iron Banner, Trials, lvl 34+ POE and possibly from nightfalls.

Speaking of Trials, it is getting more and more frustrating. The lag is getting worse and worse, and people on my team keep lagging out forcing us to go 2v3. They need to make it so if a guy lags out, the match gets cancelled. Caused me to lose my flawless card, and this isn't the first time this has happened to me. I mean I understand people could just disconnect their internet if they're down in the match, but at least cancel the match if the guy lags out at the start.

POE is so damn difficult....... Felt more like work than fun ! Thanx Orangelupa, our third guy ditched us halfway.....anyways it was u who completed it, we were no match! Now my Warlock is 33, maybe I will stand a better chance.

Well, not to brag but POE 32/34 is pretty breezy I mean for a 34 anyway. Until POE 35....then that's a real mental chore, still.

Never really struggled on a 32 or 34 in a long time if ever. I guess Qodron used to be hard. Both can be bit tough for stretches but nothing serious.

I see alarmingly few people on LFG for POE at times, I think I figured out why, and it's not because blehh POE sux and all that, it's because I bet most people dont really need etheric light at all and at that point the reason for doing POE ceases to exist (besides elemental primaries and elder ciphers, average joes care way more about elder ciphers and most probably have finished them too by now).

Heck I was mostly chasing it cus of my whole "gonna outfit all three guys with every elemental of every class" thing, but I decided today to give that up, and I already see a time when etheric light is unecessary, even for a super hardcore player like me. I have 8 I think, granted I could up some armor but it's no rush, anyways I just do POE for endgame anyway, so i only really need POE armor.

I dont think I'm gonna outfit all my chars with cabal/hive/fallen/vex POE armor as it comes either. Thats too damn much redundant armor. Probably just get one set of each going forward and trade it around. Simpler anyway.

:( im in dire need of etheric light.

IB is too time consuming, Nightfall never give me one, PoE is too tedious and risky to be played solo.

POE is so damn difficult....... Felt more like work than fun ! Thanx Orangelupa, our third guy ditched us halfway.....anyways it was u who completed it, we were no match! Now my Warlock is 33, maybe I will stand a better chance.

If you think PoE 32 and 34 are difficult wait till you try 35. The prison basically has the heroic modifier on every round.
Which means it can take twice the precision damage to kill lower level enemies. 35 is actually much easier now that they removed burn modifiers from the skolas round. They also changed how adds spawn. Before the patch you had to deal with a huge amount of adds which could one shot you depending on what the burn was.
There is also the fact that most adds are majors. Even though 35 is still difficult it is actually much more possible to beat it now that they patched it.

Also to Rangers. Found verdict is my go to snotty for both Pve and PvP.

:( im in dire need of etheric light.

IB is too time consuming, Nightfall never give me one, PoE is too tedious and risky to be played solo.

You could grind out a ton of lvl 28 PoE because once you get to level 3 house of judgement rank you get a free piece of etheric light.

Also if you just play iron banner to lvl 3 it won't involve that much work.

The etheric light only drop on higher level PoE that have no matchmaking :(

Iron banner is crazy tedious. Yesterday I got lucky and win 5 times in a row. Not even half of rank meter gotten :(

If I could give you some etheric light I would pelupa. I have 36 and I don't need them any more.

edit: Finally got the Trials hunter cloak! I now have every weapon and piece of gear from trials. Don't really care to play it again unless asked to (which is guaranteed to happen). The only reason to play now is to get better gear.

Last edited:
Back