Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

I really hope Destiny is successful. However, at this moment I have to admit I don't really "get" it.

I fully get it. They're basically combining Halo with looting and RPG-lite ... Borderlands, but in a bigger MMO-sized world. I just don't think the gameplay looks that interesting. I'd expect to see some better footage at E3, at least.

I fully get it. They're basically combining Halo with looting and RPG-lite ... Borderlands, but in a bigger MMO-sized world. I just don't think the gameplay looks that interesting. I'd expect to see some better footage at E3, at least.

I freakinf want it released right now ! No more footages and stuff, give us the damn game !!!

They are making a complete fictional universe to explore, thats how I get it. Thats the hook for me. And with Bungie , I am sure the universe will be worth exlporing ! I really hope so ! My only trouble is that BOrderlands got boring pretty fast for me, but Warframe didn't, neither really did Diablo3 or Torchlight 2( but u keep getting new abilities in that one so it can't really get boring). I am really really hoping this stays fun like Warframe and not get monotonous boring like BL2 became, for me.

I had a lot of fun with Borderlands 2. I played it a ton. It's so crazy and frantic. All of the gameplay shown for Destiny looks slow and uninteresting. The enemies are really bland. Even if they make an awesome world to explore, I won't have much fun playing it unless the combat is good.

Bungie has always been great at making combat fun and addictive. I just hope they havent kept the exact same combat style as Halo. Dont get me wrong I really enjoy Halo, but if they spent all this time and trouble getting away from MS so they could make something besides Halo it could be bad if everyone views it as a Halo clone/ MMO.

Well, I really liked Borderlands 1 and 2, so if that is the inspiration I'm a little more interested. I guess it's really the game play I've seen so far that looks bland.

Still not excited by gameplay. Enemies look really boring. Powers don't look very interesting. Not a whole lot of personality. Just generic sci-fi shooter.

Gotta love those low pass flybys with the space craft (~17:00). :p Bungie sure likes to do that sort of thing (since Halo 2).

---

Yeah... otherwise, every time I see more and more of it, the less I get interested (not a must-have, that is). I dunno, I'll give them a shot with the beta (got a free code the other day). I suppose if things turn out ok, I may just end up waiting for a PC port.

Gotta love those low pass flybys with the space craft (~17:00). :p Bungie sure likes to do that sort of thing (since Halo 2).
Hah! I was thinking the exact same thing. It's almost like a signature scripted event.

I agree the enemies don't seem to be too smart or challenging. Graphics looks nice though. The character animation seems too floaty for my liking.

Graphics do look nice, the lighting seems pretty robust. The actual gameplay doesn't look to be anything spectacular though. The original video where multiple teams converged to take down that huge enemy looked better.

It's amazing how much this looks like Halo 4. Even some of the enemies look very much like the Prometheans. Odd seeing as Halo 4 wasn't by Bungie.

For myself, I am not sure I am happy hearing about the forced co-op aspect.

The graphics are good, but not amazing. I wonder how much better it even looks than Halo 4 on a 360. But I dont think you're gonna get "amazing" in a MP game.

Bungie sez

"When we shipped [Halo] Reach, we had about 150 guys," Eric Osbourne tells me. "We have 500 now.

Geez. Another closure waiting to happen if they're not careful.

Though I guess, just doubling the install base to PlayStation in theory gets you 2X sales=2X workforce supportability.

Here's a kind of negative preview I just chanced across http://kotaku.com/i-played-45-minutes-of-destiny-and-it-was-kind-of-bori-1568127899

I Played 45 Minutes Of Destiny, And It Was Kind Of Boring

Yeah, Scott already posted that.

I watched the videos, and I gotta say the game play looks terrible. I have not seen one thing that jumps out as interesting or even fun. If they had something like that, I'm sure they would have shown it by now. I'm thinking this is going to end badly for Bungie.

Looks a bit to me like a serious Borderlands. I like such games and I am interested in Destiny. I am not sure about the online component, but we will see. Graphics and settings do look nice to me, but the red bar over enemies feels a bit off, maybe gives most of you guys this generic-look feeling.

But I do like all the plasma shots and effects...feels like Reach again.

Not the best showcase for awe and wow, was more thrilled with the E3 gameplay tho. Also I much prefer the muted, gritty tone and art direction of the concept arts rather than this colorful Halo esque look.

I don't mind the colorful look..it's different and looks good...but the other things just look odd such as the "light foot" running animations and the "victory soul surge" animations.

Wow, I am surprised at all your reactions. To me this is much more exciting than any shooter gameplay in recent times ! Loved the abilities, the frantic pace and weapons , the setting ! Yeah, the animations are cartoony, but I guess it has no problem if I am having fun and that "high" HALO-esque jump will help in getting out of swarms. In fact , I was worried it would be a pure shooter like Borderlands, but these abilities are a relief the way they vary up the gameplay. If Warframe could hook me so much, this seems to be shaping up pretty good too. Maybe, much better.

I don't know. i like what I see of the gameplay. Dev wakthroughs are always lopsided in terms of difficulty. Would like to see some gamer's playthrough.

Back