David Jaffes comments on GoW 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoardBonobo

My hat is white(ish)!
Veteran
ps. I saw GOD OF WAR III when I was in Santa Monica last week. I can and will not give away details. But I think it's ok for me to say two things:

a- HOLY HOLY HOLY F*****G HELL!!!!
b- I thought GEARS OF WARS 2 looked about as good as a next-gen game could look....and that game is currently- and will probably remain- my game of the year. And hell, I think I actually get to vote on that kind of stuff in some circles :) And unless I get blown away by POP or something else I missed, GEARS 2 is the S**T....this year. Dudes and dudettes, f*****g WAIT till you see the amazing graphics...just f*****g wait. And yes, Xbots, accuse me all you want of being a Sony fanboy. Just remember two things:

#1- I just said GEARS 2 is the BEST f*****g playing and looking game of the year....better than any PS3 game. And there are some damn good PS3 games, I feel.

#2- F**K YOU! I ain't no fan boy but this mother f*****g game looks like nothing you've ever played...and you can hold me to that when this thing hits and when they start showing gameplay footage. It looks like a painting come to life- it's THAT good looking.

David
Link

Last edited by a moderator:
The wording is rather,uh, immature..

That being said, i expect GoW3 to look astonishing. GoW1 looked amazing, and that thing ran on a freaking PS2

Hype generator has been switched on. Now is he a PS dev or journalist?

He is the original creator of God of War (the videogame :)) and used to be the head of Sony Santa Monica, now he has his own company, and probably don't have too much to do with this new game.

He is the original creator of God of War (the videogame :)) and used to be the head of Sony Santa Monica, now he has his own company, and probably don't have too much to do with this new game.

huh!

He sure knows how to write in GAF "language"! :LOL:

Should be a great game, but you'll be getting a PS3 in 2010 it seems then.

Could be. It's possible I'll get one earlier if there's a price cut. My brother has one so I could borrow games and use it as a Bluray player. Anyway, I'm 99% certain I'll buy one for God of War 3, but maybe earlier.

The only interesting bit about this I thought was that it combines rather well with the rumor about what was shown at that meeting.

The only interesting bit about this I thought was that it combines rather well with the rumor about what was shown at that meeting.

Indeed it does.

I just hope it doesnt look like POP - "Painting comes to Life". I want it to look brutal.

Shouldn't we have expected gow3 to be shown at this meeting. its one of their biggest releases in the upcoming years. GT5 , Killzone 2 , GOW3 seem to be the biggest established games coming out from them in the 2009 / 10 time frame
Heck some people expect gow3 in 2009 and well we are a month away from 2009.

Shouldn't we have expected gow3 to be shown at this meeting. its one of their biggest releases in the upcoming years. GT5 , Killzone 2 , GOW3 seem to be the biggest established games coming out from them in the 2009 / 10 time frame
Heck some people expect gow3 in 2009 and well we are a month away from 2009.

The people that expect it in 2009, are probably expecting it to be in late 2009. March 2010 is another date some are betting on because all God of War games have been released in March.

Shouldn't we have expected gow3 to be shown at this meeting. its one of their biggest releases in the upcoming years.

They are better off waiting until the PS3 hits $299, and then start slowly building the hype to an eventual early 2010 release.

online scoreboards? ;)

Well, how do you propose they implement online? Co-op?

Kratos and his goatee-less good mirror twin, Sotark. Who comes out when Kratos stares too closely into Diana's Aegis! There's your mythological hook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back