CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Booo :(

I've got my day 1 purchase of cyberpunk 2077, sitting right next to my XSX, basically unopened.
thank god for gamepass keeping me busy with games otherwise i'd be far more upset about this.
But still i would like to play this in the first 12 months of release... guess not though :(

Booo :(

I've got my day 1 purchase of cyberpunk 2077, sitting right next to my XSX, basically unopened.

This is my situation as well and I'm quite pissed about this. It's been out on PC and consoles for a year now. Yes I know it was buggy and all, but close to 18 month delay for a graphics update patch with a game that already has a PC-version out is mindboggling. Just release something goddammit!! Keep fixing/improving it if you need to, but not having a PS5/Series X version out yet is their biggest blunder with this game as far as I'm concerned.

This is my situation as well and I'm quite pissed about this. It's been out on PC and consoles for a year now. Yes I know it was buggy and all, but close to 18 month delay for a graphics update patch with a game that already has a PC-version out is mindboggling. Just release something goddammit!! Keep fixing/improving it if you need to, but not having a PS5/Series X version out yet is their biggest blunder with this game as far as I'm concerned.
This is normal for CDPR. They released "Enhanced Edition" versions of the first 2 Witcher games 12-18 months after they first launched with complete graphics a over hall, and Witcher 3 got it with or around Blood and Wine IIRC, although they never bothered calling that "enhanced". They just released an update that redid the lighting engine and a bunch of materials so the game just looked better after the patch. The next gen patch for CP was always expected to be a release like that.

This is normal for CDPR. They released "Enhanced Edition" versions of the first 2 Witcher games 12-18 months after they first launched with complete graphics a over hall, and Witcher 3 got it with or around Blood and Wine IIRC, although they never bothered calling that "enhanced". They just released an update that redid the lighting engine and a bunch of materials so the game just looked better after the patch. The next gen patch for CP was always expected to be a release like that.

Witcher 1 enhanced is the only one I would call "complete graphics overhaul" out of the 3 Witcher gamer, but I hope you are right about the Cyberpunk, it better bring something nice to the table after all this wait.

The long wait with the Series X patch for Doom Eternal was not worth it as the One X version was good already imo, I hope for this it is.

All I'm saying is that the expectation that the next gen version would be out in a timely manor isn't supported by the studio's history. It may be good. It may not be good. Honestly at this point I assume that it will be comparable to what PCs running equivalent hardware can handle at 60FPS, and that the internet will be "disappointed" with plenty of videos claiming they "lied" because it doesn't feature X or Y that was expected beyond what was promised or shown. I think the quality of RT on the consoles is going to be a sticking point, for example. They will either have to downgrade the effects or omit them, and I have a feeling youtube analysts are going to have a field day with it.

All I'm saying is that the expectation that the next gen version would be out in a timely manor isn't supported by the studio's history. It may be good. It may not be good. Honestly at this point I assume that it will be comparable to what PCs running equivalent hardware can handle at 60FPS

That is my expectation as well and why it's hard for me to understand why it's taking so long. The consoles should run it close to what something like a RX 6700 is doing. They should have released something that looks and performs like a similar PC-part long time ago. How can this take so long? If they still need to tweak it or release an enhanced edition after, by all means do so.

That is my expectation as well and why it's hard for me to understand why it's taking so long. The consoles should run it close to what something like a RX 6700 is doing. They should have released something that looks and performs like a similar PC-part long time ago. How can this take so long? If they still need to tweak it or release an enhanced edition after, by all means do so.
I guess I should have specified I was talking about the future version of the game, since I fully expect CDPR to do an "Enhanced edition" style upgrade that changes quite a few things. Part of the problem is that the changes have been coming in the regular patches, so the difference from launch might be drastic, but the difference from the current patched version might not be visible to many people.

All I'm saying is that the expectation that the next gen version would be out in a timely manor isn't supported by the studio's history. It may be good. It may not be good. Honestly at this point I assume that it will be comparable to what PCs running equivalent hardware can handle at 60FPS, and that the internet will be "disappointed" with plenty of videos claiming they "lied" because it doesn't feature X or Y that was expected beyond what was promised or shown. I think the quality of RT on the consoles is going to be a sticking point, for example. They will either have to downgrade the effects or omit them, and I have a feeling youtube analysts are going to have a field day with it.

Oh it's gonna be a field day. and a bloodbath, especially if we have any new GPU's on the market by then
(ie. rdna3 or nv 40xx series ). I was looking forward to amazing raytracing with this game, but i'm more realistic now, and i'll be happy with a non-crashing game that runs well. the X1X version seems to run pretty well, and the XSX it at least 2x that in pretty much every way, so I am expecting at least a decent looking game that doesn't crash. I 30fps version with raytracing, + a 60fps mode with no RT would be ideal. I've always thought/hoped it will debut some fancy new graphics tech on the MS side that would justify all the marketing $$ that MS spent. so maybe the first title to ship with the MS ML upscaling tech?? *something, anything!! to justify this kind of delay, but i think i'm grasping at straws. :(

I was looking forward to amazing raytracing with this game, but i'm more realistic now, and i'll be happy with a non-crashing game that runs well. the X1X version seems to run pretty well, and the XSX it at least 2x that in pretty much every way, so I am expecting at least a decent looking game that doesn't crash.

Considering the game's PC raytracing implementation pre-dates the RDNA2 GPUs' launch, I'm guessing its raytracing was co-developed with Nvidia and made for Turing + Ampere RT accelerators. Later on they added support for the RDNA2 GPUs but the performance hit is so big that I doubt you'll see it implemented on the 10-12TFLOPs consoles.
If you ever see raytracing on the RDNA2 consoles, it will mean a significant development effort was made on CDPR's side. They've certainly had the time to do it, but OTOH they're still struggling to squash all the bugs..

Finished on xsx. Still many bugs with levitating cars, objects that I can't pickup etc. quite shocking after year of patching but they are not game breaking now. Graphics in 30fps mode with 1500-1700p on xsx is ok, can be sometimes ugly but still impress with dense futuristic city (probably most impressive city in any game) and not bad npc quality. Not sure nextgen patch will improve match as there are some drops (tough rare at savepoint and for example in final battle) even in 30fps mode and I think cdprojekt red lack of technical talent/skills/quality (from what I heard many senior devs no longer works there). AI, physics and interaction with world is bad tough I knew about it and didn't play this game as gta5. Where game shines (outsdie of very impressive city) is good narration and interesting story/world. Side missions still on good level and thats one of thing cdprojekt is known from. For me its 8/10 game that had potential for being 9 or even more and goty contender that unfortunetly is not because of mediocre technical aspects.

Last edited:
Extreme NPC Density and Metro Mod BeyondallLimits

The metro mod is actually a really clever Workaround. Making me remember the fallout train raid shenanigans that's actually a hat hahaha.

Anyway, You actually ride an invisible motorcycle inside the train car. The motorcycle is simply stuck in the train car.

IIRC the only issue is that the motorcycle sometime is misaligned with the rail, thus making controller vibration and/or crash sound every turn.

Back