CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by DSoup, Jun 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. fehu

Veteran Regular

I've heard that they will release a nextgen patch this fall.
    I haven't brought it yet because it looks unplayable, but for sure it doesn't look lastgen, what will be in this update?

2. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

A whole new set of bugs which will take another year to fix?

JPT likes this.
  3. JPT

JPT
    Veteran

I played it through on the PS5, with no real bugs that came and bite my ass. And I was done playing before the slew of patches started. My cousin played it on the XSX and he had basically the same experience there.

szymku, Pete and Lightman like this.
  4. DSoup

DSoup Series Soup
    Legend Veteran

At their recent investor on Wednesday (1st September), questions were asked of CDPR abut the nextgen versions of both Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077. At previous calls CDPR had said both games were definitely coming this year, but this changed on Wednesday, then they said “for the time being, we definitely are aiming with both titles for late 2021 and I don’t want to be more specific at this moment in time”.

So not definitely this year. They have had pretty poor aim the last few years. I am genuinely more excited to replay Witcher 3 on nextgen than I am to pickup where I left off with CP2077.

Pete, Lightman and fehu like this.
  5. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

Anyone know how to get the Elon musk mission? Or it has been scrapped?

6. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

What is the Elon Musk mission? Does it involve spying on Grimes boyfriend, or going to space. You can do both of those things.

Pete and orangpelupa like this.
  7. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

ROFL

There's alon musk in the game. Elon also promoted cyberpunk awhile back.

You can spawn him with no issue. But I have not found the quest

8. pharma

Veteran Regular

September 7, 2021

Kyyla likes this.
  9. Nasadus

CDPR did a tremendous job on realizing Night City. It is really an amazing feat. But the more time you spend in the city, the more you notice the omissions.
    And that's exactly because the city is done so well. You end up wishing you could do more in it, and get completely immersed in it.
    And that's where it falls apart for me somewhat. Cause you can't.

I want to be able to park my car, go to a food stand, eat something, and watch the people and cars go by, while looking around at the amazing city that i'm in. And afterwards, go on and do the things that are already in the game. Like doing a mission, or taking part in a race, or browsing the shops, etc.
    And the thing is, i don't think it's such a big deal to implement that. Most of the assets for it are already in place i think.

So i really hope the next-gen patch, and upcoming DLC flesh it out more, and breathe some life into the city. Cause with the next-gen patch, they don't have to concern themselves with previous-gen systems anymore. They can really utilize the full capabilities of the PS5 and XSX, and leverage the extra horsepower to bring the city to life.
    They need to go over the city one more time, and add interactivity to many more locations and food stands. Expand the night life scene with clubs and adult entertainment in which the player has more options and agency, so that we can sit down, have some drinks, and enjoy the music and atmosphere. They need to enable the NCART system so that players can use it to travel around. As well as work on the AI some more, like the traffic, police, and pedestrian systems, so that they feel more realistic and engaging.

In short, make it feel like a believable and living city, that we as players just happen to be a part of. That's what's missing from it, the soul. I mean, how amazing would all that be.
    And once you have that, in addition to the already great story content, graphical fidelity, and sound design that's already there, then you really have something.

Fingers crossed hehe.

Lightman, DSoup, Kyyla and 2 others like this.
  10. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

As the animation was already used a few times in the main mission, modder probably will enable it for all locations. Although I don't know whether it can be chained with food purchase instead of just sitting

11. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

I wish there was a mode with a set time limit for the main story. As it stands right now there's no real sense of urgency pushing the story forward.

The sitting and eating would be cool, as would animations for getting mods at the rippers. I think the main thing preventing siting and eating would be placing the necessary flags at all of the places where you are able to buy food. The rippers... There's not that many of those.

DSoup and Pete like this.
  12. DSoup

DSoup Series Soup
    Legend Veteran

Likewise the Witcher 3.

I absolutely must find Ciri, she is in great danger.. right after I've helped this crone find her saucepan.

13. Lightman

Veteran Subscriber

I love looking for saucepans. ;)

14. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Funny that the title hasn't been updated to include PS4 and PS5. :lol:

15. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

at the very least they should adopt what tales of arise did. If you start to detract from the main urgent story mission, the party member will be commenting on your action (like... stating that there's no time to help everyone, etc)

mr magoo likes this.