CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

There seems to be a lot of complaining online about this game not being a virtual city life simulator or gta6. Honestly its a plot driven rpg like Witcher 3 set in a big gorgeous map. Amazing so far for me. Great writing and presentation in Act1.

There is a sizeable hot fix now available for PC (~7Gb) and PlayStation (17Gb) which improves performance and, on console, reduces the softness of the image. A bunch of quest issues have been fixed as well.

Having just installed it on PS5, yes. It's quite noticeable! :yes: Also, installing a 17Gb patch to a PS4 game on an external SSD hanging off a PS5? Instant, as in less than a second, which it wasn't on PS4 Pro. :nope:

Are are of the PC people actually playing the game? Have any of you got out of the settings menu? :mrgreen:

@PSman1700 yes I’m impressed by the load times or lack here of. This is one high technical bar for anyone to hit.

Yeah, there is no appreciable load on PS5. It's maybe 5 or 6 seconds to Continue your game from the main menu but after that, zip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's shit on CP boys! So I spent quite some time finding some of the worst offender scenarios for DLSS. This is at max settings with only dlss being changed. 3440x1440

Native:
unknown.png

Quality:
unknown.png

Balanced:
unknown.png

Performance:
unknown.png

Ultra Performance:
unknown.png

The worst scenario for DLSS is bright outdoor, high contrast neon lighting in the distance. That's where it has the most issues. Indoor, lower apl, close to player and majority of the other scenario are visually imperceptible. Is it work running without DLSS and without RTX? Nope. Quality or balanced with the highest rtx feature you can get away will still give you the best atmospheric experience.

There are a number of areas where dlss is proving additional clarity also. like text, fences. Basically anywhere prediction can be used to fill in the 'blanks' dlss is better than native.

The audio in the game is really impressive and immersive, even more so than the graphics. I hope it gets more attention once the graphics hype gets normalized.

The worst scenario for DLSS is bright outdoor, high contrast neon lighting in the distance. That's where it has the most issues. Indoor, lower apl, close to player and majority of the other scenario are visually imperceptible.

The game feels like there are two rendering engines, one for indoor/closed environments and one for outdoor open environments. I know it's nuts, but it's really noticeable on last gen console versions.

Are you enjoying the game? I'm maybe 6 or 7 hours in. As is typical anytime I am given an objective and an environment to explore, I am exploring. And by exploring, I mean mostly dealing with perps, doing fun side missions and cleaning up Night City. At some point I will get around to the main mission.

I did my first Brain Dance last night and apart from one sequence going on a bit long, I really kind of liked it. I can see it getting old fast though, so it's hope it's not Cyberpunk's batmobile!

so it appears you can't put the word night in your shared videos on PSN...
wanted to title my video "walking in night city" but PSN asks me to remove the offensive word in my title.

even if it's still full of bugs and inconsistencies, i love to explore games like these, devs put so much effort in all those details, when lighting is right, it looks very good even in that state on console.

that looks amazing already. I can’t believe how much power the old consoles had visually. PS5 version will be very good
I would argue the The PS4 version running on PS5 is already pretty good! You good higher resolutions, less graphical anomalies and a solid frame-rate :yes:

People look at Night City, particularly on console and conclude it's empty. There definitely isn't as much traffic as in GTA on consoles but in terms of pedestrians, there are areas where there are lots. Likewise indoor areas like bars and clubs. What this video shows off really well about Night City, that you often miss when playing, is the verticality.

There is masses of detail if you look up. Now you could argue that this is a kind of dumb design/aesthetic decision because you don't generally don't wander around looking up but that's Cyberpunk. When you are wandering around in the rain at night, with buildings looming on all sides, and you look up into the neon haze above, it feels so Blade Runner. :yes:

Let's shit on CP boys! So I spent quite some time finding some of the worst offender scenarios for DLSS. This is at max settings with only dlss being changed. 3440x1440

Native:
unknown.png

Quality:
unknown.png
I read dlss quality mode looks better than native 4k ;d big difference

So apparently my version updated to 1.04, which I discovered because I quit then went to continue on my Shield over GeforceNow and it told me it couldn't load the save game as it was on a later version. The GeforceNow version is on 1.03. Frustrating.

I'm guessing patching is distributed in chunks and not everyone's clients will detect an update at the same time.

Well that sucks, I guess all will update in time. Apparently the performance has greatly improved on PC and consoles with the 1.04 patch, plus better image quality.

Native:
unknown.png

Quality:
unknown.png

Balanced:
unknown.png

Performance:
unknown.png

Ultra Performance:
unknown.png

The worst scenario for DLSS is bright outdoor, high contrast neon lighting in the distance. That's where it has the most issues. Indoor, lower apl, close to player and majority of the other scenario are visually imperceptible. Is it work running without DLSS and without RTX? Nope. Quality or balanced with the highest rtx feature you can get away will still give you the best atmospheric experience.

There are a number of areas where dlss is proving additional clarity also. like text, fences. Basically anywhere prediction can be used to fill in the 'blanks' dlss is better than native.

The audio in the game is really impressive and immersive, even more so than the graphics. I hope it gets more attention once the graphics hype gets normalized.
Curious, do you remember whether film grain and chromatic aberration was enabled? There might be a bug when using chromatic aberration with DLSS; creates weird artifacts on bright surfaces.

There may be hope for my 6600k. I may buy it and test it, if it doesn't work properly I'm upgrading the PC soon (when everything is not out of stock).

Back