CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Same, ...probably. I may not be able to resist killing people from stealth though. :p

But my current plan is to see how much chaos I can cause in the city by just manipulating people. :D

Less shooty means I'll be using guns less, I didn't say anything about killing less people :LOL:. But I genuinely do want to take a different path through this game, I plan to go with a small sidearm, a silent melee weapon like a katana and a ranged weapon for when combat is unavoidable, but other than that I want to smarm my way through the game by being tricksy and charming.

That actually makes me want it less, but I'll probably just pick away at it for a few years as long as gameplay quality is there.

I agree but CDPR have said that the main story is shorter than Witcher 3, it's just there is a ton of side stuff you can do. You can just ignore it - which is what I plan to do. :yep2:

I have avoided most CP stuff, but can you avoid being a super soldier and must rely on solving problems without using your guns. I mean you can hire somebody to shoot for you or what not, but if I want to play less as a terminator and more like Rick from Casablanca?

I have avoided most CP stuff, but can you avoid being a super soldier and must rely on solving problems without using your guns. I mean you can hire somebody to shoot for you or what not, but if I want to play less as a terminator and more like Rick from Casablanca?
Supposedly it's very free form. CDPR said that it's possible to play the game without lethal violence. I have not seen an über deep dive into the skill trees but from what I've seen glimpsed on screen, they look pretty varied and with no fixed class structure, you can seemingly build your character with whatever mix of skills you want.

Supposedly it's very free form. CDPR said that it's possible to play the game without lethal violence. I have not seen an über deep dive into the skill trees but from what I've seen glimpsed on screen, they look pretty varied and with no fixed class structure, you can seemingly build your character with whatever mix of skills you want.

I am so afraid of being disappointed by this game, CP pen and paper games got so many hours of my life. I want this to be good, but.
Anyway if I can be the sleazeball corp that just pushes people around, thats for sure a nice way to live. Who wants to fight the man when you can be THE MAN.

I am so afraid of being disappointed by this game, CP pen and paper games got so many hours of my life. I want this to be good, but.

A takeaway that I saw repeated following the sixteen-hour preview was that it's important not to get over-hyped for the game. It's a great game, and the time folks spent with it really wasn't even scratching the surface, but it's a game and there were a few comments along the lines of "aspect X is fine" but equally balanced with, this is an RPG and you're not supposed to be great at everything out of the gate, that's the point of an RPG - to develop your character and skills.

Combat and driving stood out as "being fine" but combat is something I would assume you would need fro invest skills in to become really competent at. I think a lot of people will have seen the trailers, assumed (a bit like Fallout 3) this looks like a first person shooter with RPG mechanics and will be very disappointed.

Anyway if I can be the sleazeball corp that just pushes people around, thats for sure a nice way to live. Who wants to fight the man when you can be THE MAN.

I'm also very minded to go morally-ambiguous corpo turned hacking-ninja-vigilante but somebody on resetera pointed out that Nomad was thematically a better option for your first play through of CP2077, the rationale being you'll be new to Night City and its ways and so will your character and this made to think a lot about my life path choice.

I suspect it won't make that much difference but you can never re-live that first experience of a massive open world RPG. I just realised that CP2077 released in two weeks. Like.. TWO WEEKS! :runaway:

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the proper ps5 patch for cyberpunk coming some time 2021? Would make sense to skip playing it on ps5 until patch arrives? Anyway, cyberpunk is likely to be mess at launch and waiting for few patches is anyway good idea to avoid frustration.

Isn't the proper ps5 patch for cyberpunk coming some time 2021? Would make sense to skip playing it on ps5 until patch arrives? Anyway, cyberpunk is likely to be mess at launch and waiting for few patches is anyway good idea to avoid frustration.
The full nextgen patches are a way off however this is a day 1 patch that allows better visuals on day one.

I applaud those who can remain spoiler free and avoid big games. I, alas, cannot. :nope:

The game running on PS4 Pro and PS5.

upload_2020-11-24_19-37-42.jpeg

The city looks so dead like in the XB showing. I don't know maybe it's just too advanced for last gen consoles, I'll get the PC version when I upgrade.

From what CDPR have said, you can finish the game by going a completely pacifist route if you wanted.

Or, you can either persuade or control other people and make them do your killing for you.

Or, you can just kill everyone. :p

Or mix and match.

If it helps, the creator of CP has been collaborating with them on the game. So that gives some hope. I feel the same way as you about it.

But that combined with CDPRs work on The Witcher series means I likely won't be disappointed.

Regards,
SB

Back