CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, PC, XBSX|S] [Delisted from Playstation Store]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by DSoup, Jun 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. chris1515

Legend Regular

No this is shitty because some people would have wait and paid the game cheaper. This is pure bullshit on CdProjekt part. Some people learn the games run like shit basically when they are waiting the game to be delivred at home.

I did not preorder the game I was knowing the game will run like shit on last gen consoles and I wait to have a PS5 and the current gen patch to play it.

2. Insight

Newcomer

Performance mode on XSX

3. Jay

Jay
    Veteran Regular

I've not seen anything apart from last couple posts here.
    If XSS handles it half decently in comparison to previous xbox gen especially XO, could be the biggest selling point there is.
    What they needed to do was roll the marketing deal over to the XSS to push it, as this game will still be selling into next year.

Might go back a couple pages yo see if there's a decent round up of how it is on each platform. As last couple posts seems to be pretty negative (about XO anyway)

Lightman likes this.
  4. London Geezer

Legend Subscriber

Imagine how it ran before that!

orangpelupa likes this.
  5. techuse

Regular Newcomer

Rockstar managed to get RDR running and looking acceptably on base Xbox One. Is this game pushing beyond RDR 2? I've only seen these YouTube videos which I don't find super impressive.

6. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

cant they refund it? dunno how easy it is on sony and ms platform, on steam it was super easy albeit super slow (IIRC the money was frozen for 24 hours)

7. Insight

Newcomer

Misplaced trust! Haha

8. mr magoo

Newcomer

yes and this is your right as a consumer. Noone forces you to buy it but still is good to have a choice . They didnt show footage of base consoles yes you are right, at the same time many companies shows retouched footage pf promo vids, this is how things works. Game was delayed becouse CDPR said they had problems to get it running on base consoles so that was a first warning sign. People should be less naive i think, i dont expect my old PC to run it at MAX with RT on, i till enjoy the game regardless. And as someone already mention that we are in this transition period where most of cross gen titles will probably run / look much worse on base consoles.

tinokun, Lightman and PSman1700 like this.
  9. Svensk Viking

Regular

These tests on PC are using Max settings but it's apparently brutal for older CPUs. The Ryzen 3300x hits a minimum of 21 FPS in this test, and there's a clear scaling to higher core/thread counts when going from Ryzen 3 to Ryzen 5 and then 7.
    AFAIK this might be the first game where the old powerhouses i7 7700k now could be considered unplayable.

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cybe...k-2077-Benchmarks-GPU-CPU-Raytracing-1363331/

Lightman and PSman1700 like this.
  10. chris1515

Legend Regular

11. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

It's perplexing. This game has been in development for years and years. The only way you can figure this could happen was if CDPR really didn't think about - or make any attempt - to have code running 2013 console hardware until the last 12-18 months but it's hard to imagine that happening. This isn't their first open world console game, the Witcher 3 was a bit rough at launch but was pretty good all round.

The analysis above with the base Xbox one version dropping frequently to 14-17 fps at what looks to be around 720p is just staggeringly bad. How can you even have the gall to release a game in this state given how massive the console user bases are, with the vast majority of people playing on 2013-performant hardware?

I'll be playing on PS5 but I if had bought this on base hardware, I'd be asking for a refund. Maybe check out the game in 6-12 months when a) it's cheaper and b) it may be running acceptably.

I do feel both Sony and Microsoft share some of the blame here, they get to say what gets released on their platforms. I think both should rejected the base console versions and refund anybody who wants their money back, no questions asked.

Picao84 and mr magoo like this.
  12. chris1515

Legend Regular

17 frames per second on Xbox One

EDIT:
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...and-xbox-one-and-the-memes-have-already-begun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: at least this is funny

#732 chris1515, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Pete, Picao84, Johnny Awesome and 6 others like this.
  13. mr magoo

Newcomer

WOW

DSoup likes this.
  14. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

I like how the cop looks at the player just after having completed his transformation. Also reminds me of that infamous video

Pete and chris1515 like this.
  15. Globalisateur

Globalisateur Globby
    Veteran Regular Subscriber

The high framerate mode on XSX (with day one patch). It's maybe why they needed to add a 30fps mode on XSX, it's really unstable even at 1080p.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Karamazov

Veteran Regular

Maybe xsx framerate mode is pushing higher settings than ps5 though.

17. mr magoo

Newcomer

[​IMG]

apparently this can also happend on PS5 version

DSoup and chris1515 like this.
  18. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

WOW but hilarious! :lol2:

chris1515 and mr magoo like this.
  19. Jay

Jay
    Veteran Regular

How does it run on mid gen machines?
    Those framerates on XO isn't good, but at least it's literally at the end of the gen /previous one.
    They've pushed so far it's just not viable on last gen, guess refund would be nice for people who aren't happy.

First game that really need to upgrade for.

That was funny

20. chris1515

Legend Regular

This is BC version. Basically the current gen consoles version are just improved midgen consoles version. The true PS5 and Xbox Series X|S version arrive next year.

Lightman, Riddlewire and DSoup like this.