Current Generation Hardware Speculation with a Technical Spin [post launch 2021] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the point. The point is, there are still some CPU's without avx capability that are still somewhat capable, even today. I think an 1100T could probably run AoE4 if they offered an SSE code path, but it's their decision to cut off non-avx cpu's. Assuming it's not Denuvo or some other resource hog DRM program to blame that is.

I think a lot of that has to do with PS4 and Xbox One's Jaguar CPU being the baseline for the last 8 years as even a Core 2 Quad and Phenom II offer the same or more performance.

Sure, I expect future console/pc titles to become significantly more demanding on the hardware front from now on. However AoE 4 at least, being a point and click RTS, is a windows-only title with no plans for a console release afaik.

Worth pointing out that Nehalem also lacks AVX support.

Last edited:
You didn’t just diss Nehalem.:p

I love Nehalem, still have a D0 stepping i7 920 in a Windows Vista retro PC in a Rampage 2 Extreme running HD4890 Tri-Fire.

The platform was a monster and it doesn't get the love it deserves, people think Sandy Bridge was a massive leap over Nehalem.

It wasn't, Core 2 Quad to Nehalem was a much, much bigger jump in performance then Nehalem to Sandy Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back