CryptoCurrency Mining with GPUs *spawn*

Maybe not a star, but in the top 5:
Which coupled with very limited numbers it was available in explains why it's not at all in the top of mining h/w.
The best mining GPU there is currently in hashrate per unit would be GA100 I'd say but it's not in the top either, for similar reasons.

And with ridiculously high hash rate
Yes, there are apparently some hacks and dirty tricks wrt to HBM. And you have to use a special Linux distribution, IIRC. When I tried it under Win10, I could get 95-ish MH/s out of it, but was nowhere near sweet spot of efficiency and throughput.

New version of Norton 360 installs a crypto miner on your PC by default (guru3d.com)
If you are a user of Norton 360 antivirus, then you might want to ditch the software altogether. Ever since last year they've been experimenting with a crypto miner, which now is getting enabled by default. And they're doing this silently.
Norton has explained in a faq that the service is activated only with the user's permission. Additionally, users can disable the service through the Norton Crypto dashboard. The corporation makes no explanation in the faq as to why the miner is now installed automatically. if you weigh in energy cost and hardware write-off, the bottom line is that the end-user is at a loss and Norton is making a profit. Despite the mentioned 0.85:0.15 ratio.

index.php

Norton does not have to do anything for this and you bear the costs. Our advice, uninstall Norton software and walk away from that brand, and never use their software again. It's the only way that companies will learn that what they are implementing, is wrong.

If I mine eth using hive os, do I must use the hiveos pool to not pay fees?

Btw, the nft thing I'm doing the IT stuff..

managed to buy a space on the United States? timesquare? (I'm not sure)

Screenshot_2022-01-10-19-35-05-976_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Please don't let my bad luck with electronics blow this into a nuclear crater.....

Hopefullly this is not a growing trend.
Daughter Company Norton (Avira Antivirus) also contains cryptominer (guru3d.com)
And it seems however that Norton (NortonLifeLock) really is keen on using your hardware and electricity as in their daughter company Avira Antivirus a similar scheme has been injected.

Avira has half a billion users worldwide at the time of writing. According to Brian Krebs, the service is primarily due to the fact that the antivirus is available for free.
Like Norton 360, Avira comes with a cryptominer already installed, but customers have to opt in to using the service that powers it. Avira’s FAQ on its cryptomining service is somewhat sparse. For example, it doesn’t specify how much NortonLifeLock gets out of the deal (NortonLifeLock keeps 15 percent of any cryptocurrency mined by Norton Crypto).

“We need to have a discussion about shifting the industry to a more efficient technology,” Thedéen said, stressing that he was not calling for an outright ban on crypto assets.

“The financial industry and a lot of large institutions are now active in cryptocurrency markets and they have [environmental, social and governance] responsibilities,” he added.

Russia proposes ban on use and mining of cryptocurrencies
Russia is the world's third-largest player in bitcoin mining, behind the United States and Kazakhstan, though the latter may see a miner exodus over fears of tightening regulation following unrest earlier this month. read more

The Bank of Russia said crypto mining created problems for energy consumption. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are "mined" by powerful computers that compete against others hooked up to a global network to solve complex mathematical puzzles. The process guzzles electricity and is often powered by fossil fuels.

"The best solution is to introduce a ban on cryptocurrency mining in Russia," the bank said.

In August, Russia accounted for 11.2% of the global "hashrate" - crypto jargon for the amount of computing power being used by computers connected to the bitcoin network.

Back