CryptoCurrency Mining with GPUs *spawn*

Yeah but how fun would building a Cryptonight exterminator with an (dual?) Epyc processor and 2-3 (for startes, just got reminded how many PCIe lanes Epyc has) Xeon Phi accelerators be?

Haven’t seen an Epyc motherboard with that many PCIe slots heh.

Last edited:
And now it means "Hold on to Dear Life".
"Hodlers" are those who won't sell when things are going south. Either for hope that it'll come up again and/or on sheer principle.

[cryptospeak]I hope some whales come in to eat up those sell walls so we can start mooning. Otherwise, all of us bagholders are gonna be rekt![/cryptospeak]

And now it means "Hold on to Dear Life".
"Hodlers" are those who won't sell when things are going south. Either for hope that it'll come up again and/or on sheer principle.

Funny enough, Confederate currency is worth something these days. After the Civil War one of the other popular phrases in some circles to go along with "The South Will Rise Again" was "Save Your Confederate Money, Boys! The South's Gonna Rise Again!".
Though I suspect that advertising one owns some might earn a few raised eyebrows.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=confederate+money

Cannot for the life of me get the Blockchain driver to do its magic with this VEGA FE. I can easily get it stable at 1520H/s but it will not enable compute with devcon or manually disabling and enabling the FE. Any advice?

Is the DeviceID normally pci\ven_1002&dev_6863&rev_00 for FE?

Cannot for the life of me get the Blockchain driver to do its magic with this VEGA FE. I can easily get it stable at 1520H/s but it will not enable compute with devcon or manually disabling and enabling the FE. Any advice?

Is the DeviceID normally pci\ven_1002&dev_6863&rev_00 for FE?

With what miner? I couldn't get passed 1600 h/s as well with stack, but was easily reaching 1950 with Cast xmr

Oh, I donno if anywone has managed to mine @ 2000ish h/s XMR with Vega in any other OS than windows.

Running Windows 10 now and using Cast XMR. Still only getting around 1500H/s because the compute switch in the blockchain driver is not on. Very annoying to do with the Vega FE I’ve read.

I'm just starting to experiment with monero on cpu only. I know hat this is mining with gpu, but haven't found a better thread :/

I have access to a vps with 1 cpu core, no gpu, 1GB of ram, and 20GB of ssd, but for just 3$/month.
I have almost no idea about performances, do you think that it make any sense mining on this?

I'm just starting to experiment with monero on cpu only. I know hat this is mining with gpu, but haven't found a better thread :/

I have access to a vps with 1 cpu core, no gpu, 1GB of ram, and 20GB of ssd, but for just 3$/month.
I have almost no idea about performances, do you think that it make any sense mining on this?

I suspect not.

You need at least 2MB L3 cache to even have a chance. You did not mention that in the specs. Also you did not mention CPU speed. You will also have to lock pages in memory.

If you have access now you can try XMR STAK to test what hash rates you get:

https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak

then plug in those numbers into the profit calculator to see if it is profitable or even worth your while:

https://www.cryptocompare.com/minin...nsumption=200&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1

Yup. RAM and storage doesn't count for CPU mining. Only IPC, clocks and L3 amount.
I doubt there are many (or any) CPU cloud cores that can make a $3/month rent very profitable. Not to mention it'll be several months until you can get a payoff.

Why on earth ppl do this, Just typing in the numbers for a Radeon Vega Frontier Edition you see you get perhaps a dollar a day profit, since they cost $1000 you'ld have to run the thing 24/7 for nearly 3 years to just break even.
Thats if the thing doesnt crap out in the meantime from being pushed for so long and hard. Perhaps you can sell the card afterwards if its still going, just don't mention its been running 24/7.
I'm not factoring in the other stuff, extra hardware/power costs your time and effort. WTF would anyone in the west do this? Sure I can imagine a case if you're doing this wholesale with 100s of of cards but a person at home on their PC :oops:

Why on earth ppl do this, Just typing in the numbers for a Radeon Vega Frontier Edition you see you get perhaps a dollar a day profit, since they cost $1000 you'ld have to run the thing 24/7 for nearly 3 years to just break even.
Thats if the thing doesnt crap out in the meantime from being pushed for so long and hard. Perhaps you can sell the card afterwards if its still going, just don't mention its been running 24/7.
I'm not factoring in the other stuff, extra hardware/power costs your time and effort. WTF would anyone in the west do this? Sure I can imagine a case if you're doing this wholesale with 100s of of cards but a person at home on their PC :oops:

That's not the only thing you can mine. Ethereum is over $3 a day profitability ATM (for a Vega64). And this is after a major downward trend in the overall crypto market. What you mine today *may* be worth quite a bit more tomorrow.

Few miners will be selling their currency at current prices.

Back