CryptoCurrency Mining with GPUs *spawn*

Not me. I'm only playing with a few thousand bucks. I am, however, very much in the black.
I have a friend who got into cryptos in 2014 and he just paid off his mortgage during the last bitcoin rally and I know he still had north of a half-million USD worth of Bitcoin after paying it off.

I just got a Now-In-Stock alert for Vega 56 $699.99 and Vega 64 $749.99 at NewEgg. They sold out in minutes.

The "AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition" that I purchased on 1/11/18 for $749.99 is now $100 higher at $849.99.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105073

and now it's $899.99

Edit 1: I wonder how long that price will last with a six pack of them sold for $7699.99.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6V66RH9417

Edit 2: and now it is $949.99

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105073

Last edited:
Are there crypto millionaires among B3Ders?

Or Big Shorters perhaps? :)

How much have you earned so far?

If I never sold my coins till now then I would be close to or above a $1000000 mark! I mined 38 bitcoins on 3 Athlon 64 X2 machines back in 2010/11! Yes, CPU mining bitcoins! I had quite a bit of LTE and now few ETH too, ohh and I mined Doge for quite a bit too!
But I mine to support my hardware extravaganza, so most of my coins was converted to cash within months from mining them, only exception being BTC, when I forgot about one of my wallets for 5 years :)

Still, I only had 0.8BTC on that wallet ...

I'd like to say I came into crypto late (dec of 2017) but honestly, it's still early when you really think about it.
Crypto has yet to really mature into this service to do what ti's supposed to do.

Well, maybe this latest crash will bring GPU prices down.

One reason you know that this latest "crash" is just a deep breath in the pump-n-dump of crypto is the soaking up of every GPU and Antiminer over the last few weeks and the fact that supplies aren't loosening in spite of the tanking coin values. The big boys are still ramping up their mining operations so they know it's going back up...

The big boys are still ramping up their mining operations so they know it's going back up...

They know or they plan on manipulating the market so that it goes back up?

I wouldn't buy any sha256 asics right now.. The technical superiority of LTC & ETH vs BTC is only going to be even more brutal this year (ETH already has 3 x times the troughput ). Again, if the market is sane and reasonable , getting past the BTC 'brand' ...

Yeah, unfortunately you have to order antminers months in advance so I'm hoping there's still room for profit come March.

Did you see that Bitmain released the Antminer A3 last night? 850 GHs/s Saicoin: 1000x faster than any gpu with Whattomine profit of over $500/day.

Sold out in minutes.

I'd say that coin is dead.

yep, we most certainly do. Currently , all coins are influenced by bitcoin more or less, one way or another.

It's like a front desk of a hotel. No matter how great the rooms and their view are, you wouldn't make reservation if the receptionist (BTC) swears at you, makes you pay more than you have to and he's 80 and dressed in his pijamas

For now.. hopefully 2018 will be the year in which some coins become powerful enoungh to stand on their own

It will arrive tomorrow. I will post numbers when it is live.
Love the repurposed old Dell.
Figure on the Vega FE.

I changed my mind and sold the Vega FE on eBay for $1000. I cleared $130 in profit on the sale after deducting $113 for all of the Ebay and Paypal Fees along with shipping and insurance costs and my original purchase price of $757 for the FE.

With the volatility currently in the crypto market I am sticking with the two Vega 56's that I paid $805 and the repurposed Dells.

Edit: I used the above profit to purchase three Asus GTX 750 (non Ti model) with 1GB DDR5. These will add about 825 H/s.

Last edited:
NVIDIA Asks Retailers To Stop Selling To Miners & Sell To Gamers Instead
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-instructs-retailers-stop-selling-miners-sell-gamers

The company wants its cards to go to gamers instead and it’s trying to do so by directly selling on its website and asking its retail partners to limit orders to two cards per person. When asked to comment, NVIDIA provided the following statement to ComputerBase.de

Boris Böhles – NVIDIA ( Translated from German to English )
“For NVIDIA, gamers come first. All activities related to our GeForce product line are targeted at our main audience. To ensure that GeForce gamers continue to have good GeForce graphics card availability in the current situation, we recommend that our trading partners make the appropriate arrangements to meet gamers’ needs as usual. “

NVIDIA states that retailers have the freedom to follow or ignore its recommendations and that it can’t directly intervene in how they choose to run their businesses. This is where direct-selling by NVIDIA on its website plays a key role. The company can implement all the measures it sees fit to make sure that at least graphics cards sold directly by it, go to gamers instead of miners.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store

Last edited:
So how do they do that, with some quiz about cryptocurrency and if you pass the quiz you're not allowed to buy the product?

Completely useless suggestion from Nvidia.

So how do they do that, with some quiz about cryptocurrency and if you pass the quiz you're not allowed to buy the product?

Completely useless suggestion from Nvidia.
By asking partners to not sell directly to miners and to limit purchases to a maximum of 2. There's not much else they can do I guess.

Buying directly from Nvidia will help a little bit I guess but only if you want reference coolers.

Even with purchase limits, the way it's typically implemented by the retailer is per order. So now the Miners place 12 orders of 2 (if limited to 2) instead of 1 order of 24. *shrug*

Microcenter now puts GPU list prices in the stratosphere and is offering steep discounts for BYO buyers... Limited quantities, in-store only, part of multiple component build. Might even require case?

Bravo!

Well I keep wondering this months if any of these inflated prices gets in the pockets of AMD/nV. I'm guessing not.

So beisdes image points , there may be more at stake here ? If indeed AMD & nV have channels to sell directly to miners as rumored

Even with purchase limits, the way it's typically implemented by the retailer is per order. So now the Miners place 12 orders of 2 (if limited to 2) instead of 1 order of 24. *shrug*
They don't bother checking same account, credit card number, shipping address etc? If so then yes that's not very useful.

Back