Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Will console gamers even care about this?

No because there is no endless health regeneration :')

I guess it's refined, but it's also incredibly dated. As long as they have the modding tools, the community would build new maps that would become new standards.

I'd like to see destructible enviornments (doors, walls, furniture), rappelling ropes, door breaching, and environmental triggers (like cutting power to a building to shut off lights), bigger maps with more players etc etc

It's not dated at all. You already have custom big maps and some servers even allow 64 players on the default maps though it doesn't improve the game at all. CS is not BF. At it's core CS is based on team play in short matches. 5 vs 5 on small maps just works really well for the game CS is and turning it into some BF clone with giant maps is just going to ruin the game.

Same goes for destructible enviroments. Sure, it's a nice effect but is it really going to improve the game? Besides, the strongest weapon you have is a grenade. It's not like thats going to blow down up more than a office door.

CS is definitely dated. It hasn't changed in forever. It's good for what it is, but there's absolutely no reason they couldn't keep the core gameplay while adding new features with a dramatic overhaul to the maps, graphics and physics.

For destruction, I'm not saying they need to go crazy with buildings falling over like in Battlefield, but being able to put a charge to breach a small whole through a wall, or breaching a door with a shotgun would add a new element to the game. Or having office furniture actually get knocked over and destroyed, and stuff like that.

And nothing about having some large maps with more players prevents them from keeping a rotation of small maps for small groups of players.

I think they were right to make this re-release considering how people are still playing and enjoying it today. They can always try something new as well, but this really deserves this kind of re-release.

ShootMania is interesting though - that basically looks like the old Quake in terms of twitch based shooting, but comes in an attractive package with nice editors for custom arenas, smart stuff.

Downloading the 360 trial right now, really curious to see how the game looks and runs - hopefully this won't be another basic port at 720p with this horrible edge blur "AA" like L4D1/2 and Portal 2.

They announced one would be automatically downloaded to PS+ members on the 21st, but it didn't happen for me, and as far as I can tell it isn't on the store right now either.

is anyone playing this one the PS3? how is it? It isn't available on the PAL store from what I see, yet. Since one gets the PC version free with the ps3 version, its best to buy it on the ps3, see if MP lives on or not and goto PC for playing Mods.

Does CS:GO on PS3 include a Steam key? I was hoping it would, but I've never seen anything official.

Yes, I have read so, just yesterday. You buy on the ps3, u get the PC version for free, just like in Portal 2. But crossplay has been dropped due to patching problems on consoles.
There's no reason not to get it on the ps3 now !

I downloaded the Xbox 360 trial, lets you play the game in its entirety for 45 minutes.

Graphics look nice but the controls are a bit off, I don't think it's just lack of auto aim either, there's something iffy with the look speed and acceleration.

It's very much a faithful (though prettier) port of CS Source to consoles though. The signature CS tension present in the gameplay makes it pretty unique among console shooters. It still feels like an older PC shooter as well, in the way you slide around the map and up ladders etc, nothing like the realistic, weighted movement of something like Battlefield.

Still seemed pretty fun but I don't see myself getting it, with Battlefield 3 (and Halo 4 upcoming) I have enough online shooters to play.
And I can always just play CS:S on my PC, it really needs a mouse after all with all the emphasis on aiming/burst firing etc.

Do you have a link? I can't find official or even anecdotal confirmation on that.

I'll try to find it. Can't remember the source anymore, but it was an article which was regarding move support where it was mentioned that ps3 plauers buy once to lpay on ps3 and pc both.
I'll search n report back.

Couldn't find the pc version free with ps3 article. Maube, it was an old thing they said and was removed later, i dunno !

So, has anyone played it on consoles? Is the 5vs5 enough for fun? Is it worth getting for $15? I mean 16 maps for $15 is a no brainer, but it has to be fun !

Couldn't find the pc version free with ps3 article. Maube, it was an old thing they said and was removed later, i dunno !

So, has anyone played it on consoles? Is the 5vs5 enough for fun? Is it worth getting for $15? I mean 16 maps for $15 is a no brainer, but it has to be fun !

5v5 is enough, and bots replace unfilled player slots (and the bots are quite good actually). You can even take control of any remaining bots on your team after you actual character dies. Which I thought is a nice touch.

It's definitely fun in the typical CS ultra tense way. So if you like CS it's worth the 15 bucks, the aiming is very different to your usual console FPS though, very difficult to hit anything at first.

Just download the trial, it lets you try out all modes for 45 mins (full online MP included).
I'd probably get it if I had more time to play games, but as it is i'm pretty happy with BF3 and then Halo 4 when it comes out so don't really want to sink numerous hours into another MP shooter.

wow, $15. I checked on steam's website, it's there for 13.99€.
this is quite unexepected, is it a half game or what :). there was condition zero before (which I've never played, except the leaked pure single player game) but it never replaced the original, now you have CS:S and CS:GO competing.

if it's an updated version of the game on an updated version of the same engine I wonder if it can play CS:S maps. also, making the graphics too advanced is pointless : custom maps have to look decent :D

waiting for steam linux, this game would be a no-brainer (wonder how well it runs on a crap GPU)

5v5 is enough, and bots replace unfilled player slots (and the bots are quite good actually). You can even take control of any remaining bots on your team after you actual character dies. Which I thought is a nice touch.

It's definitely fun in the typical CS ultra tense way. So if you like CS it's worth the 15 bucks, the aiming is very different to your usual console FPS though, very difficult to hit anything at first.

Just download the trial, it lets you try out all modes for 45 mins (full online MP included).
I'd probably get it if I had more time to play games, but as it is i'm pretty happy with BF3 and then Halo 4 when it comes out so don't really want to sink numerous hours into another MP shooter.

Hmm....same thoughts here. With so many game from ps+ , especially addicted to Deus Ex and Darksiders , and the Armoured Kill coming on Sept 4th, there's no way I can have time for this. A demo would have helped a lot. Where did u get ur trial from? I can't find it anywhere on psn!

Also, why 5vs5 on consoles? When COD with its 60fps and BF3 with its blazing gfx can handle more on the consoles, why can't valve with GO's minimal gfx handle more than 10 players??

A trial would really help. Also , Valve is silent on whther the best mods would be ported over to the ps3 or not.

I managed to find the trial by going to PS+ Exclusives and then Full Game trials and it'll be in that list. Weird, because usually the full game trials just show up in the list of PS3 demos which is where I've always looked for them.

lots of cash for Valve. People are also waiting for the transition to the Source 2 engine, which will happen soon.

4VkOPTx.gif

Back