Console Colour pallettes?

Tagrineth said:
sergio_r said:
JacksBleedingEyes said:
Try playing MGS2 or ICO with bright kiddie colors

So ICO has kiddy colours?(!)

Try playing Sonic Adventure with an RGB scart cable, it will make you eyes bleed

No, ICO doesn't, that's his point :)

And Sonic Adventure with RGB SCART? From my experience SCART is about 3/4 of the way from S-Video to Component in quality... and SA looks perfectly fine even on Composite on my TV. :-?

Sorry, I mis-read your post regarding ICO

I don't see Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast suffering from over-saturated, flatly colorful worlds at all. Quite the contrary, actually.

Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast in VGA is one of the best textured games around even with the availability of more powerful machines like GameCube and Xbox. The game is just texturing madness - high res and tons of texture variety covering every inch of every level. I'm in awe of Sonic Team USA's artists. The really amazing thing is that a Sonic Team programmer said that the Sonic Adventure 2 engine is actually just a modified version of the first game's engine, and Yuji Naka said the Japanese Sonic Team learned a bunch of new DC programming tricks during PSO's development to apply for future projects. Needless to say, the Dreamcast could've put out a truly kicking third Sonic game had it still been around.

I'm really excited to see what Sonic Team will be able to do with the multiple platforms they'll be launching the new Sonic onto next year. They might just put out of one of the PS2's best show of texturing in their first couple of efforts with the platform.

Back