Considering new mouse

thegrommit said:
IIRC, the MX510 has a higher sampling rate. Otherwise it's functionally identical (same size, shape and button placement).
I've been told the MX510 is painted and is more slippery than its predecessor though - so just go with the MX1000, I know I will. 8)

I just got a new mouse and keyboard, the ie explorer still has clicks, howevern the keyboard a microsoftnatural multimedia has a spacebar that seems to stick it ishighly annoying. So anyway hopefully it will quit but if not then I will have to give it to my wife. Hmmmm using left thumb it is fine, it is only when using the right thumb that it sticks...

I just recently bought a 4-button (5, if you include the scroller) microsoft mouse. And now I regret it. Wish I just bought an MX510 instead (though it's almost 3x the price).

OK, so which should I buy -- the MX500 or the MX510? MX510's higher sampling has any real difference?

On a side note, I do not like the blue/red color of the MX510 so if the difference between it and the MX500 in terms of performance and reliability is very, very little, I'd go with the 500.

Spaceman-Spiff said:
I just recently bought a 4-button (5, if you include the scroller) microsoft mouse. And now I regret it. Wish I just bought an MX510 instead (though it's almost 3x the price).

I had a Microsoft optical and hate it so much i replaced it with this for 10 USD. like it a lot.

which remindes me this and this are goood choices if you enjoy lots of buttons

OK, I'm typing this while the new MX510 is installed. It is MUCH more tactile than the ol' ballsy Logi one I used. So far, I'm liking it although I chosed to simply used one of the thumb buttons to be a middle button... there're so many more buttons compared to the old one I used!! How are you guys configuring all the MX500/510 buttons for gaming use?

carpediem said:
the MX500 is the best mouse I ever had. I have 1 mx500 and 1 Intellimouse explorer 4.0a at the moment (with tilt wheel).

I do prefer the MX though.

I preferred the MSIME 4.0 until I crushed it :D - now I'm using the MX310. It's kinda slow and weird (yes, I adjusted everything ;)) after the MS one but OK.

Back